Attention All Posters:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsZone Moderator
    Diplomatic immunity has just been REVOKED!
    • Jul 2002

Attention All Posters:

We here at the Zone understand that it's the offseason, and that it's kind of slow. However, a trend has developed that is disturbing, and the Mod staff would like to comment on it.

We value everyone's opinion here. Everyone's point of view is important. Even those who do not agree with the moves the team has made.

Even those that fly in the face of convenional wisdom.

It's okay to disagree. It's okay to provide a counterpoint, but questioning someone's fandom is over the line, and it's happening a lot around here.

We are asking that you refrain from doing that to "win" and argument. Accept it as an axiom that everyone who posts here is a true and loyal fan.

This year will be the 50th year of Bills football. Some of us have followed this team since day one. Some of us have seen a lot of bad football over the years, and the current ten year playoff drought is downright frustrating. The last thing anybody needs is to have their loyalty questioned. So please, follow the guideline, Attack the post, not the poster.

We all want to see the Bills win. We just have different views on how to accomplish that. Don't equate frustration with disloyalty.

Thank You.
    Attack the Post, Not the Poster
  • nateodoms'bff
    • Dec 2008

Re: Attention All Posters:

HERE HERE!

Comment

• jimbohastle51
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Feb 2005

good post

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

It's interesting how the BillsZone moderators address this "issue," when the more rampant issue is how people make pretty much the exact same threads complaining and whining about the front office. If you're going to merge the "stop complaining" threads, maybe you should do the same to the "OBD sucks" threads. Just to be fair.

Besides, if you're interested in everyone's opinion, why aren't you interested in the opinions that say people sure don't seem like fans? If we're allowed to question OBD, we're certainly allowed to question each other.

This was obviously just posted because most of the mods at this point are *****ing just like everyone else around here. If you don't want your fandom questioned, then don't spam every thread with "OBD sucks" posts. If you don't like OBD, then root for another team. Pretty simple, it seems.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

ah yes, the old "if you don't wear blinders you aren't a real fan" arguement. It's about time that got stomped out. A real fan would respect other fans but not necessarily the bozo's that are running the team.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Great post...

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

Good post.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                ah yes, the old "if you don't wear blinders you aren't a real fan" arguement. It's about time that got stomped out. A real fan would respect other fans but not necessarily the bozo's that are running the team.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by psubills62
                  It's interesting how the BillsZone moderators address this "issue," when the more rampant issue is how people make pretty much the exact same threads complaining and whining about the front office. If you're going to merge the "stop complaining" threads, maybe you should do the same to the "OBD sucks" threads. Just to be fair.

Besides, if you're interested in everyone's opinion, why aren't you interested in the opinions that say people sure don't seem like fans? If we're allowed to question OBD, we're certainly allowed to question each other.

This was obviously just posted because most of the mods at this point are *****ing just like everyone else around here. If you don't want your fandom questioned, then don't spam every thread with "OBD sucks" posts. If you don't like OBD, then root for another team. Pretty simple, it seems.
                  Can you be a Bills fan without being a fan one "OBD"? To me, when one refers to "OBD" as if it were a person, they are referring to upper management. And, I believe you can hate hate the owner, the "GM", the coaches, and the ball boys, but still be a fan of the "team". I not saying I hate any of them, just saying ones idea of a "fan" isn't that same as everyone else s.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by yordad
                    Can you be a Bills fan without being a fan one "OBD"? To me, when one refers to "OBD" as if it were a person, they are referring to upper management. And, I believe you can hate hate the owner, the "GM", the coaches, and the ball boys, but still be a fan of the "team". I not saying I hate any of them, just saying ones idea of a "fan" isn't that same as everyone else s.
                    I don't care if people disagree with the management, etc. What bothers me is when 1000 threads appear, and all are supposedly different and creative ways to bash the Bills. Then when some people say positive things, the pessimists jump all over them and ask "how could you possibly think this team could win 5 games," etc.

It just gets sickening after a while. I don't agree with a lot of things the Bills do - e.g. keeping Jauron. But do you see me whining about it every post? No. People need to grow up and deal with it.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
                      I don't care if people disagree with the management, etc. What bothers me is when 1000 threads appear, and all are supposedly different and creative ways to bash the Bills. Then when some people say positive things, the pessimists jump all over them and ask "how could you possibly think this team could win 5 games," etc.

It just gets sickening after a while. I don't agree with a lot of things the Bills do - e.g. keeping Jauron. But do you see me whining about it every post? No. People need to grow up and deal with it.
                      Great post.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

What about band wagon *****es? How should we handle that?

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                          • Jul 2007

This aggression will not stand man!
                          Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

I thought being accused of NOT being a Bills fan was a compliment these days.

Comment

Working...
                            X