PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Posters:

BillsZone Moderator
02-28-2009, 05:06 AM
We here at the Zone understand that it's the offseason, and that it's kind of slow. However, a trend has developed that is disturbing, and the Mod staff would like to comment on it.

We value everyone's opinion here. Everyone's point of view is important. Even those who do not agree with the moves the team has made.

Even those that fly in the face of convenional wisdom.

It's okay to disagree. It's okay to provide a counterpoint, but questioning someone's fandom is over the line, and it's happening a lot around here.

We are asking that you refrain from doing that to "win" and argument. Accept it as an axiom that everyone who posts here is a true and loyal fan.

This year will be the 50th year of Bills football. Some of us have followed this team since day one. Some of us have seen a lot of bad football over the years, and the current ten year playoff drought is downright frustrating. The last thing anybody needs is to have their loyalty questioned. So please, follow the guideline, Attack the post, not the poster.

We all want to see the Bills win. We just have different views on how to accomplish that. Don't equate frustration with disloyalty.

Thank You.

nateodoms'bff
02-28-2009, 08:40 AM
HERE HERE!

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 10:54 AM
good post

psubills62
02-28-2009, 11:23 AM
It's interesting how the BillsZone moderators address this "issue," when the more rampant issue is how people make pretty much the exact same threads complaining and whining about the front office. If you're going to merge the "stop complaining" threads, maybe you should do the same to the "OBD sucks" threads. Just to be fair.

Besides, if you're interested in everyone's opinion, why aren't you interested in the opinions that say people sure don't seem like fans? If we're allowed to question OBD, we're certainly allowed to question each other.

This was obviously just posted because most of the mods at this point are *****ing just like everyone else around here. If you don't want your fandom questioned, then don't spam every thread with "OBD sucks" posts. If you don't like OBD, then root for another team. Pretty simple, it seems.

Typ0
02-28-2009, 11:42 AM
ah yes, the old "if you don't wear blinders you aren't a real fan" arguement. It's about time that got stomped out. A real fan would respect other fans but not necessarily the bozo's that are running the team.

Nighthawk
02-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Great post...

BillsWin
02-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Good post.

mybills
03-01-2009, 06:49 AM
ah yes, the old "if you don't wear blinders you aren't a real fan" arguement. It's about time that got stomped out. A real fan would respect other fans but not necessarily the bozo's that are running the team.
:chuckle:

yordad
03-02-2009, 04:26 PM
It's interesting how the BillsZone moderators address this "issue," when the more rampant issue is how people make pretty much the exact same threads complaining and whining about the front office. If you're going to merge the "stop complaining" threads, maybe you should do the same to the "OBD sucks" threads. Just to be fair.

Besides, if you're interested in everyone's opinion, why aren't you interested in the opinions that say people sure don't seem like fans? If we're allowed to question OBD, we're certainly allowed to question each other.

This was obviously just posted because most of the mods at this point are *****ing just like everyone else around here. If you don't want your fandom questioned, then don't spam every thread with "OBD sucks" posts. If you don't like OBD, then root for another team. Pretty simple, it seems.Can you be a Bills fan without being a fan one "OBD"? To me, when one refers to "OBD" as if it were a person, they are referring to upper management. And, I believe you can hate hate the owner, the "GM", the coaches, and the ball boys, but still be a fan of the "team". I not saying I hate any of them, just saying ones idea of a "fan" isn't that same as everyone else s.

psubills62
03-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Can you be a Bills fan without being a fan one "OBD"? To me, when one refers to "OBD" as if it were a person, they are referring to upper management. And, I believe you can hate hate the owner, the "GM", the coaches, and the ball boys, but still be a fan of the "team". I not saying I hate any of them, just saying ones idea of a "fan" isn't that same as everyone else s.

I don't care if people disagree with the management, etc. What bothers me is when 1000 threads appear, and all are supposedly different and creative ways to bash the Bills. Then when some people say positive things, the pessimists jump all over them and ask "how could you possibly think this team could win 5 games," etc.

It just gets sickening after a while. I don't agree with a lot of things the Bills do - e.g. keeping Jauron. But do you see me whining about it every post? No. People need to grow up and deal with it.

mayotm
03-04-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't care if people disagree with the management, etc. What bothers me is when 1000 threads appear, and all are supposedly different and creative ways to bash the Bills. Then when some people say positive things, the pessimists jump all over them and ask "how could you possibly think this team could win 5 games," etc.

It just gets sickening after a while. I don't agree with a lot of things the Bills do - e.g. keeping Jauron. But do you see me whining about it every post? No. People need to grow up and deal with it.Great post.

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2009, 01:00 PM
What about band wagon *****es? How should we handle that?

Wally The Barber
05-26-2009, 08:30 AM
This aggression will not stand man!

feldspar
05-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I thought being accused of NOT being a Bills fan was a compliment these days.