• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Relax!

Guys relax, the offseason isnt one day long.

Heres a few things that ought to continue to give you hope:

1) Matt Birk is still unsigned... In fact, teams are backing off on his contract demands... the cheaper he gets the more likely a team like the Bills could get him

2) TJ Housh is still unsigned... again, hes got most if not all teams backing away now... the cheaper he gets, the more possible it is for the BIlls

3) Coles is still unsigned... I have found NO rumor that he flew to Miami. Hes still available

4) Trades dont have to happen on day one of FA. The Bills could easily make a trade for a player like Daniels

5) Simmons may need time to sign due to extensive medical eval, and a more complicated contract that could include verbiage around the risk associated with his injury

6) Hangartner may have not even made it here yet. I thin he signs with us today.

7) We still have a whole draft to go through.

8) The Jets still have a whole new HC, a whole new offensive system to learn, AND NO QB! They can add the whole damn world, but the have NO QB!

If we ended up signing Simmons, Hangartner, Coles, and traded for Daniels would anyone here still be pissed? All of those things are very much in play right now.

• yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Relax!

We have like 17 holes to fill. Time is ticking.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I no longer have patience with this franchise.

relaxing is impossible for me.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I'll "relax" when they do something.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
          • Dec 2008

I'd be happy with Daniels if he came at a reasonable price, not a first.

Coles would be a bad move in my opinion. I think there is young talent at the WR position that needs to develop on the field, not on special teams.

Hangartner would be a great pick up. He played great last season against some very tough defenses, and having two RB's over 1000 yards, both with more than 10 TD's is something to look at. Awesome move, and would actually make me rethink my not so nice opinion of the FO's player evaluation.

Don't count the Jets out. Schottenheimer's offense doesn't require great QB play, just efficient. Its hard to generate turn overs in a passing game that never exceeds 5-7 yards in the air. This team doesn't tackle well enough to force fumbles, and Rex Ryan's defense is no joke.

Miami will get better, and the Patriots will too. The Bills have a longway to go to even think about being competitive in this division.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Notice the common theme in Edwrd's Era's post:

Cheaper....Bills....Cheaper....Bills...

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Well, its been another day and guess what? All of my points still apply.

The only change is #6, we signed Hangartner

Housh, Coles, Birk, Simmons are all still out there. Birk doesnt really make sense now.

The Jets still dont have a QB. The Fins have done about nothing IMO, and the Pats traded away the only guy who can start at QB for them right now.

We still have time...

And thats what I think our plan is now that I think about it.

We are going to wait on FA's that think they are worth more than they are. Housh, and Coles may find they dont have the market that they thought they do (right team for their price). Instead, they may end up taking less to go elsewhere and teams spend their money.

I will be ticked when Housh and Coles are signed with other teams. That doesnt appear close at all, so why be mad now?

Simmons is attracting zero attention elsewhere. If he wants to play in 09, he might have to take our deal.

If it turns out that we save money on a deal for say Coles because we waited wont you all be happy?

Sometimes it takes time... remember Troy Vincent? He kept us waiting for weeks.

Comment

Working...
              X