PDA

View Full Version : What is going on at One Bills Drive?

Michael82
02-28-2009, 12:15 PM
It's the 2nd day of free agency and you have yet to hear a word from them today. Hell, I haven't even seen a post from Chris Brown today. I wonder if they are up to something. The last time that they were silent like this, the Marcus Stroud trade was in the works. Anyone else starting to think that they are working on a big trade to make the team better? :feedback:

Slim
02-28-2009, 12:16 PM
It's the 2nd day of free agency and you have yet to hear a word from them today. Hell, I haven't even seen a post from Chris Brown today. I wonder if they are up to something. The last time that they were silent like this, the Marcus Stroud trade was in the works. Anyone else starting to think that they are working on a big trade to make the team better? :feedback:

I'm fine with a trade. As long as we still have the #11 pick.

Mitchell55
02-28-2009, 12:17 PM
I do, this offseason is looking alot like last years. Either a trade for Daniels or Whitten might be in the works.

rcd333
02-28-2009, 12:17 PM
bro i hope so. do we even know who is still in buffalo? didn;t we have like 8 free agents here or something??

Michael82
02-28-2009, 12:19 PM
bro i hope so. do we even know who is still in buffalo? didn;t we have like 8 free agents here or something??
We have no clue who is still in Buffalo. Hell, Kendall Simmons might be working out for the Docs for all we know. Or Laveranues Coles might be at Denny's with Ralph. The place is so secretive lately. What ever happened with all the press conferences with each player? why did Brandon stop doing that? I always looked forward to watching them.

Slim
02-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm fine with a trade. As long as we still have the #11 pick.

Unless it's Peppers.... Which it isn't.

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 12:28 PM
i know alot of you are not high on simmons because of his injury, but remember that injury is not as severe for a 0-lineman as it is for a player that has to run and cut all game. also you would be getting a stud G for pennies compared to his worth if he were healthy (truth be told if he wouldnt have gotten injured he would have signed a monster extension with the steelers, the guy is only a 6 year pro!)

Slim
02-28-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd be pretty happy if at the end of the day Simmons and Hangarnter were Bills. But the Bills CANT be almost done. Two OL will not get the fan base excited.

Nighthawk
02-28-2009, 12:31 PM
I just spoke to my friend who has been a Steelers fan all of his life. He says if the Bills were able to pick up Simmons and he is healthy, then it would definitely be a good move.

Michael82
02-28-2009, 12:31 PM
I'd be pretty happy if at the end of the day Simmons and Hangarnter were Bills. But the Bills CANT be almost done. Two OL will not get the fan base excited.
Exactly! And every year, they always try to get us to buy the jerseys of our new acquisition....who's going to buy a Simmons or Hangartner jersey? No one! But a Coles jersey or maybe even Daniels jersey would sell. :D

Michael82
02-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I just spoke to my friend who has been a Steelers fan all of his life. He says if the Bills were able to pick up Simmons and he is healthy, then it would definitely be a good move.
Yeah, I have watched him quite a bit because I had him on my sim league and was pretty good. If he's healthy, he'd be a very good signing and better than the guy he replaced.

Slim
02-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Exactly! And every year, they always try to get us to buy the jerseys of our new acquisition....who's going to buy a Simmons or Hangartner jersey? No one! But a Coles jersey or maybe even Daniels jersey would sell. :D

Even Mike Peterson, Sean Jones, Jermaine Phillips. People would buy those jerseys. Even though i do kind of like Scott at SS.

Michael82
02-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Even Mike Peterson, Sean Jones, Jermaine Phillips. People would buy those jerseys. Even though i do kind of like Scott at SS.
Exactly! I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that we are done this weekend, until Monday. I still think that we will sign 1 or 2 more of those players that we brought in over the last couple days. I also believe that we will sign a guy like Peterson or Cato June to make our defense better.

TacklingDummy
02-28-2009, 12:37 PM
The last time that they were silent like this, the Marcus Stroud trade was in the works. Anyone else starting to think that they are working on a big trade to make the team better? :feedback:

I could see the Bills talking to Cincinnati about trading Peters for CJ and the Bengals 2nd round pick.

Slim
02-28-2009, 12:37 PM
At this point i'd be happy bringing Cro back.

Michael82
02-28-2009, 12:40 PM
At this point i'd be happy bringing Cro back.
Me too. That would be a solid move. Hell...even bringing Jabari Greer back would make me happy. :up:

Michael82
02-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Either way.....It's so quiet, it's eerie. It hasn't been like this since last year when they traded for Stroud. Something is going on right now. Brandon is a business man and has to know that the fans need to get excited. The players that were brought in so far won't excite us. But if we were trading for Aaron Kampman, Julius Peppers, Shaun Rogers, Jason Witten or even Owen Daniels. It would get us fans excited and make us want to go out and buy a new jersey!

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 12:42 PM
coles and daniels together instantly makes us a better team. and if simmons is healthy you can pretty much guarantee 5 yards a carry running to our left side :)

Slim
02-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Either way.....It's so quiet, it's eerie. It hasn't been like this since last year when they traded for Stroud. Something is going on right now. Brandon is a business man and has to know that the fans need to get excited. The players that were brought in so far won't excite us. But if we were trading for Aaron Kampman, Julius Peppers, Shaun Rogers, Jason Witten or even Owen Daniels. It would get us fans excited and make us want to go out and buy a new jersey!
A Peppers trade would make me move to Buffalo. But Rodgers or Daniels would be GREAT. As long as we don't give up to much.

Michael82
02-28-2009, 12:43 PM
coles and daniels together instantly makes us a better team. and if simmons is healthy you can pretty much guarantee 5 yards a carry running to our left side :)
Exactly! If they finish the weekend and announce all that. I would be estatic! Now all we'd need is to get a pass rushing DE in the draft and an OLB in FA or the draft.

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 12:46 PM
here i go probably putting my foot in my mouth and this is pure speculation but there is this "taxi" driver i know who says the bills have a certain USC linebacker in mind that they are EXTREMELY high on. i never post stuff like this and am probably going to regret saying it but take it for what it is worth, i will just say it wouldnt surprise me if we added coles, simmons, a trade for a TE and ended up with a "MLB" in the first round somewhere in the draft. just cause we may trade our 11th away doesnt mean we cant get back into the first if a guy we like is there in the second half of the draft.

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 12:47 PM
second half of the 1st round that is

Michael82
02-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Hmmm, didn't I hear somewhere that Braylon Edwards is available? I'd jump on that immediately! He'd be an excellent complement to Lee Evans and would give Trent Edwards 2 very good weapons and no excuses.

Slim
02-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Hmmm, didn't I hear somewhere that Braylon Edwards is available? I'd jump on that immediately! He'd be an excellent complement to Lee Evans and would give Trent Edwards 2 very good weapons and no excuses.

I think he may have been available. But i don't see the Browns dumping Winslow and Edwards. How will they move the ball.

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 01:06 PM

after seeing how quick they moved K2, i can totally see them getting rid of braylon, but he needs to work alittle harder in the offseason after so many dropped balls last year. the skills are there though!