X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Bills reportedly rejected Kitna for Dockery

More stuff being thrown around about the Dockery trade-no trade-release saga.

The latest says the Bills were offered Jon Kitna as part of a proposed deal by the Lions, but rejected it.

Kitna has reportedly been dealt to Dallas.

Lions reportedly trade Jon Kitna to Cowboys

John Niyo / The Detroit News

The Detroit Lions have agreed to trade veteran quarterback Jon Kitna to the Dallas Cowboys for undisclosed draft picks, National Football Post reported Saturday.

The Lions have been actively trying to trade Kitna, who started 36 consecutive games for them from 2006-08 before going on injured reserve last season. He was expected to be released prior to Tuesday, when he is due a $1 million roster bonus.

The Lions are believed to have initially offered Kitna to the Buffalo Bills as part of a proposed trade for Derrick Dockery that fell through Friday, a league source said, but the Bills weren't interested.

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.
    Last edited by Coach Sal; 02-28-2009, 03:07 PM.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Bills reportedly rejected Kitna for Dockery

Kitna is miles better than Fitz.

At the same time, I'm glad i won't have to hear all the people *****ing for Kitna when Trent doesn't have a good game.

Comment

• Mitchell55
      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
      • Feb 2008

So instead of getting a great backup buffalo gets nothing and loses money? Sad.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

I love what Buffalo was going to get, it makes me less upset (a 7th round rookie pick!) Come on! Once we turned down Kitna, the least the Lions could have done was offered us a 5th rounder or something....

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

We couldn't take Kitna because he might be better then Edwards. Why else would we reject it? In the very least he would have been better then Fitz.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
          X