PDA

View Full Version : Angelo Crowell

The Juice Is Loose
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Obviously not drawing interest from other teams...Could be good news.

streetkings01
02-28-2009, 03:45 PM
I think this is what the Bills were banking on. Haven't heard much about Greer either.....teams are trying wait out the storm and sign them on the cheap is my guess.

Luisito23
02-28-2009, 03:46 PM
The way we're going right now I really do hope we end up bringing back AC.

yordad
02-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Man, I really, really hope he comes back.

It would make my day.

lmcshadow
02-28-2009, 04:25 PM
would be nice..he fits right in..

TacklingDummy
02-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Did anyone honestly think the Bills were going to be major players in Free Agency?

Bert102176
02-28-2009, 04:26 PM
I want Crowell back when he is healthy he is damn good

BillsWin
02-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Greer is drawing some good interest. Detroit likes him alot.

psubills62
02-28-2009, 04:35 PM

They just got Anthony Henry from Dallas...are they still interested in Greer?

bflobarry
02-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Crowell is not "damn good". He's been positively average during his time here. I do realize that "average" w/b a huge upgrade over Ellison, and I hope we re-sign Crow. But he ain't all that, IMHO...

nateodoms'bff
02-28-2009, 04:59 PM
two seasons with over 100 tackles is far from average.

yordad
02-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Crowell is not "damn good". He's been positively average during his time here. I do realize that "average" w/b a huge upgrade over Ellison, and I hope we re-sign Crow. But he ain't all that, IMHO...A fun fact:

His last healthy season he led the entire AFC for OLBs in tackles. He had more then Briggs, Hawk, or the reigning D-MVP Harrison.

Also, this wasn't a fluke, he was second in the AFC in '05, his previous healthy year.

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 05:15 PM
A fun fact:

His last healthy season he led the entire AFC for OLBs in tackles. He had more then Briggs, Hawk, or the reigning D-MVP Harrison.

Also, this wasn't a fluke, he was second in the AFC in '05, his previous healthy year.

you are right, if crowell is healthy he is the best available for us, there is no one better out there in UFA fitting for our system than him if his knee is ok. and him and mitchell are very close which will just make him want to play harder with him buddy

Tatonka
02-28-2009, 06:30 PM
no chance crow comes back here after the way that last season went down.

you guys are kidding yourselves if you think it will happen. what the bills did was vindictive.

streetkings01
02-28-2009, 07:31 PM
They just got Anthony Henry from Dallas...are they still interested in Greer?They also signed our former CB Eric King to a 2 year deal.

DMBcrew36
02-28-2009, 07:51 PM

Can't blame em. Greer tries hard for interceptions.

DMBcrew36
02-28-2009, 07:52 PM
no chance crow comes back here after the way that last season went down.

you guys are kidding yourselves if you think it will happen. what the bills did was vindictive.

Can't blame the Bills, though - Crowell shouldn't have waited until the last minute to pull that ****.

Tatonka
02-28-2009, 07:56 PM
maybe not.. but what they did was clearly to spite him and if i was him i would feel that way.. and all we did was ensure that ellison had to start all year which sucked... all to teach him a lesson.

DMBcrew36
02-28-2009, 08:00 PM
maybe not.. but what they did was clearly to spite him and if i was him i would feel that way.. and all we did was ensure that ellison had to start all year which sucked... all to teach him a lesson.

I'm sure there is more to it than we know. It definitely seems the Bills were trying to send a message - you don't pull that crap; nobody pulls that crap.

Bmax
02-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey the recession is going to drive down the market after the week of signings take place . If your smart you sign the first week take the money that's on the table.After the first week thre is no guarantee that the same offer will be there. If Greer thinks he is going to get more than 4 to 5 million a year he's nuts. The market will be dried up by then and teams will start looking toward the draft to fill needs...

Coles do you hear what i'm saying. If the bills offered you 5 million you better take it unless ypou rather play for 3 million in another city. At 31 with this being your last shot you better take the cash unless your going to a super bowl contender.

Last time i checked the Giants, Titans, and Pats weren't knocking on his door.

Bmax

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Hey the recession is going to drive down the market after the week of signings take place . If your smart you sign the first week take the money that's on the table.After the first week thre is no guarantee that the same offer will be there. If Greer thinks he is going to get more than 4 to 5 million a year he's nuts. The market will be dried up by then and teams will start looking toward the draft to fill needs...

Coles do you hear what i'm saying. If the bills offered you 5 million you better take it unless ypou rather play for 3 million in another city. At 31 with this being your last shot you better take the cash unless your going to a super bowl contender.

Last time i checked the Giants, Titans, and Pats weren't knocking on his door.

Bmax

i can agree with that, especially about coles, if he doesnt take a deal with us in the next day or 2, a guy like amani toomer who is alittle taller and only looking for a 1-2 year reasonable deal with swoop in and take half what coles could of had.

nateodoms'bff
02-28-2009, 11:11 PM
i can agree with that, especially about coles, if he doesnt take a deal with us in the next day or 2, a guy like amani toomer who is alittle taller and only looking for a 1-2 year reasonable deal with swoop in and take half what coles could of had.

That's the move this team needs to make.

Bring in a guy with size, and hands. This team has a speed guy, and a more than capable slot guy to run under routes on 3rd down. What it doesn't have is a TRUE possession guy. Someone that can cross the middle, run a route, get some separation from coverage AND still be in position to make a catch. He is the same size as Johnson, and I believe that he could help groom both Johnson and Hardy into quality players. You can't say that Toomer was not a good player, or that he was not an intricate part of the Giants Super Bowl win. When they stopped throwing to him, and focused on Hixon, the passing game suffered greatly.

Toomer still has a year or two left at a high level. He can play in the cold, and can catch everything thrown at him, which can only help a guy like Trent, who needs to develop a repour with someone, anyone, other than Josh Reed.

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 11:13 PM
That's the move this team needs to make.

Bring in a guy with size, and hands. This team has a speed guy, and a more than capable slot guy to run under routes on 3rd down. What it doesn't have is a TRUE possession guy. Someone that can cross the middle, run a route, get some separation from coverage AND still be in position to make a catch. He is the same size as Johnson, and I believe that he could help groom both Johnson and Hardy into quality players. You can't say that Toomer was not a good player, or that he was not an intricate part of the Giants Super Bowl win. When they stopped throwing to him, and focused on Hixon, the passing game suffered greatly.

Toomer still has a year or two left at a high level. He can play in the cold, and can catch everything thrown at him, which can only help a guy like Trent, who needs to develop a repour with someone, anyone, other than Josh Reed.

the best thing about him besides steady play (you know what your getting with him), is he isnt going to break the bank. i mean seriously 2million a year 2year deal 4million total and he would probably be all over it and he would know his role, as far as if next season the young guys were coming up and producing more he would probably gladly slide down the depth chart and help the young guys out, hes 35 now i believe.

nateodoms'bff
02-28-2009, 11:23 PM
the best thing about him besides steady play (you know what your getting with him), is he isnt going to break the bank. i mean seriously 2million a year 2year deal 4million total and he would probably be all over it and he would know his role, as far as if next season the young guys were coming up and producing more he would probably gladly slide down the depth chart and help the young guys out, hes 35 now i believe.

I think he will be 35 during the season, but either way.

Coles is trouble. He made a stink in NY this past season about Favre. He has certainly lost a step, and he will want a lot of money. He has no size advantage, and his hands are questionable. Granted, its an adjustment catching a fastball from Favre after catching the grapefruits that Pennington tosses around, but still.

Adding a veteran "talent" like Coles, doesn't actually improve the team, its more of a lateral move, that adds some quality, but not the right kind.

I think Toomer brings some intangibles, and his willingness to sit when he has to, is one of them.

He wants to play, he wants to compete, but he is a class act. I feel like he would be a huge help in developing Trent and Johnson/Hardy, which ever emerges as the next "#2" in Buffalo.

Philagape
03-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Buccaneers | Expressing interest in Crowell
Sun, 01 Mar 2009 12:44:44 -0800

Jim Flynn, of PewterReport.com, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are expressing interest in unrestricted free-agent LB Angelo Crowell (Bills).

Makes sense