PDA

View Full Version : What else does buffalo have to do?

Mitchell55
02-28-2009, 06:05 PM
In your opinion, what players that we could reasonably bring in will make you happy.

For me its, Bernard, Mike Peterson, Simmons, Coles, and make a push for OD trade. I want at least 3 of the 5 players to happen.

psubills62
02-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Bernard, Simmons, Coles. To me, anything really beyond that would be a bonus. Maybe even bring back Crowell or Greer too.

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 06:13 PM
i am pretty sure simmons will be locked up, as far as others, honestly at this point i would bring crowell back and if we loose out on coles i would look at an amani toomer type.

The Juice Is Loose
02-28-2009, 06:18 PM
they need to fire everyone starting with the owner, move to a new city, and pretend this whole disaster of a franchise never happened.

ddaryl
02-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Simmons is a good roll of the dice, but he isn't going to return to form for a season or so... Which means we better hope one of our projects makes the step up next year OR we find another solid OG some place else.

However Simmons is worth rolling the dice on and we'll get him at great price. If he starts to pick up steam by the end of the season it will be really good for us. If we lock him up for 4 or so years he could be a difference maker in 2010 IMO.. or maybe he recovers just fine, but I really feel were going to be easing him back if we sign him.

Bernard would be worth pursuing and would make us even better at DT

We must sign an OLB... and there are a few worth pursuing in the group (Crowell being preferred) ... and if we keep our #11 draft pick we could be picking up another LB there IMO.

TE really needs to be addressed, but trading for one seems to be the only route outside the draft. We need a real TE not a project.

WR.. I'd rather go big and make a play for Housh, but Coles wouldn't make the rest of our WR's better.

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 06:40 PM
if we got a combo of a trade for daniels or scheffler and signed coles that would be nice. the main thing of the offseason should be pass rush and get trent a weapon (Tight End).

yordad
02-28-2009, 06:55 PM
In the very least, sign Crowell, extend Jackson, re-work Peters, draft me an upgrade a DE, find or draft me a pass catching TE, and draft some interior lineman with a future center and OG.

yordad
02-28-2009, 06:59 PM
It would be nice if you could add a second DE, an upgrade at safety, a real FB, a proven #2 WR, a CB to fight with Fox, and for icing on the cake, an impact DT to pair with Stroud.

Ebenezer
02-28-2009, 07:02 PM
In your opinion, what players that we could reasonably bring in will make you happy.

new owner
new GM
new Coach
new RDE
new OLB
new RB
new #2 WR
new TE
new CB
new LG

...oy...now I am depressed.

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 07:17 PM
ya know the one good thing is that if you really look at the players that have signed so far, is there any that you thought buffalo would really sign?? jason brown they were in on until the rams bumped they're head and wrote the wrong check. but really all the OLB's are out there still except boley (who really wasnt impressive last year anyways), we were never going to be in on vilma and brookings doesnt really fit the things we do. our options are still very much open, its just depressing to see all the teams in our division making moves and its bad enough we were last in our division and now we are getting second rate players and trying to pass them off as upgrades.

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 07:19 PM
lets see what happens between now and tuesday when prices go down a bit. it seems there is still a ton of good players out there, i mean i cant believe jermaine phillips is still a free agent!!! that guy is a awesome player and well worth the money gibril wilson got from miami.

DMBcrew36
02-28-2009, 07:41 PM
new owner
new GM
new Coach
new RDE
new OLB
new RB
new #2 WR
new TE
new CB
new LG

...oy...now I am depressed.

I feel similarly. The Bills just aren't willing to do what it takes to get me feeling like they want to improve their team. I've made the mistake before of getting excited during the offseason for acquisitions and the draft - not this year. The front office, the coaching staff, the team - they are all mediochre at best.

So when will I feel better about this team? Beat the Patriots. Beat Tom Brady. That is the measuring stick. It should be the #1 goal besides making the playoffs.