PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Uncapped Year Q and A for everyone

Coach Sal
02-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I've read a lot of speculation, misinformation, and general curiosity about the 2010 uncapped year and what exactly happens if and when this becomes a reality (it still may not happen if a new CBA is struck).

So, I decided to throw together a question and answer page with most of the info that's relevant to the 2010 uncapped year. All of this comes directly from the NFL media communications department, so it is al completely factual. Not my interpretations.

I'm doing this now because an uncapped next year has direct implications on this year's free agency, in regards to contract numbers, who teams may or may not lose next year according to new rules, etc.

There's some really interesting info in here. Pay close attention to the last two Q and A's about Transition Players and "The Final Eight Plan."

The page is via my website:
http://www.salsports.com/CBAQandA.htm

Feel free to link the page anywhere, but only copy and paste pieces of the text with a link, as well.

Dr. Lecter
02-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks Sal.

One can hope the players and owners are smart enough to get a new deal done before next year.

Coach Sal
03-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks Sal.

One can hope the players and owners are smart enough to get a new deal done before next year.

There aren't many ways either side benefits from all the different rules that kick in, so I don't see why they wouldn't want to strike a new deal before the time is up.

The one thing that really scares me is the fact that Gene Upshaw once said if the league ever gets to an uncapped year they will NEVER again agree to a cap.

Upshaw passed away, so who knows what the new union head will do? It will be interesting to see who gets the gig and what their approach will be vs. Goodell and the owners.