PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, do you think this team can win more than 5 games?

The Juice Is Loose
02-28-2009, 06:20 PM
2009, the schedule gets harder.

Tom Brady comes back (not that we can do worse than the 0-6 division record we sported last year)

Our line sucks and we did nothing to improve it.

Our receiving crop sucks and we did nothing to improve it.

We aren't going to find a magical tight end that leads a team to a Super Bowl in the draft.

Furthermore, we aren't going to find a 10+ sack guy in the draft either.

We're gonna be lucky to find a couple more Kyle Williams to go out and "bring their lunch pale" to the loss every week.

This team can't even score, at home, against San Francisco. We aren't winning 5 games next year.

The Juice Is Loose
02-28-2009, 06:23 PM
We have a terrible coaching staff, pretty much 100% intact from last year.

We have a California quarterback who doesn't even have to practice in the cold.

Our best player will probably be suspended

Even if Lynch dodges this bullet, anybody have any confidence he won't get caught for use of marajuana sooner or later?

Honestly, we're gonna be drafting in the top 5 next year.

The Juice Is Loose
02-28-2009, 06:28 PM
2009 Opponents
Home: Dolphins(LOSS), Jets(LOSS), Patriots(WHOOPIN), Buccaneers(LOSS), Colts(LOSS), Saints(LOSS), Texans(LOSS), Browns(WIN, MAYBE)
Away: Dolphins(LOSS), Jets(LOSS), Patriots(INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH WHOOPIN), Falcons(LOSS), Jaguars(LOSS), Panthers(LOSS), Titans(LOSS), Chiefs(WIN)

There you have it, folks. 2-14 in 2009

yordad
02-28-2009, 06:51 PM
It hurts because it sounds so true right now. :(

FlyingDutchman
02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
its less than 48 hours into FA......

Ebenezer
02-28-2009, 07:00 PM
I can see three wins

Nighthawk
02-28-2009, 07:05 PM
As it stands right now, it will be tought to win 5 games with this team. Sad, but true.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-28-2009, 10:30 PM
If we win only 3-4 games that will be good because then Dick will only get an 8 year extension rather then the 12 year one RW will give him for the normal 7 win season

Pinkerton Security
02-28-2009, 10:39 PM
i say we go winless. we dont even have enough players to field a team right now!!! god help us!!!! may he have mercy on our mentally handicapped souls for rooting for a perennial loser!! woe is me! help me tom cruise!

Dont drink the water
02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
It was pretty cold in Denver game.

If someone offered me even money regarding Bills winning at least 5 games I'd take the over if I was sure I'd get paid and bookie would not disappear.

Bert102176
03-01-2009, 02:12 AM
I see maybe, MAYBE 2 wins

tat2dmike77
03-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Did the FA signing period end or something?

Bert102176
03-01-2009, 02:41 AM
the way the Bills are going it may as well have.

Night Train
03-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Well, there you have it.

We'd like to thank the Final Word Think Tank for participating in this discussion...

Jan Reimers
03-01-2009, 06:39 AM
i say we go winless. we dont even have enough players to field a team right now!!! god help us!!!! may he have mercy on our mentally handicapped souls for rooting for a perennial loser!! woe is me! help me tom cruise!
I'm looking for a gun, a noose, or a cliff to jump off right now.

User Manuel
03-01-2009, 06:59 AM
People get a grip. It is early and it is the NFL. The Cards went to the Super Bowl. The Cowboys are looking at JP Losman.

Money and Free agency means nothing. Lets panic when training camp starts not on March 1st.

mybills
03-01-2009, 07:03 AM
"Tom Brady comes back"
BIG DEAL!

Repeat of Peyton Manning -

rusty, rusty, rusty, rusty, less rusty, a little better, even better, ok he's looking like his old self again.

X-Era
03-01-2009, 07:30 AM

Tom Brady comes back (not that we can do worse than the 0-6 division record we sported last year)

We aren't going to find a magical tight end that leads a team to a Super Bowl in the draft.

We're gonna be lucky to find a couple more Kyle Williams to go out and "bring their lunch pale" to the loss every week.

This team can't even score, at home, against San Francisco. We aren't winning 5 games next year.

Right now can we win more than 5 games? NO. The Pats couldnt win 1 game, they dont have a healthy QB. The Jets might be able to win 5 games even though they dont have a QB either. The Fins are the only team that could win over 5 games.

Good news is, we still have many months before we have to win anything.

We have no starters at LG, TE, and OLB. Well, were not done yet either. Give it time.

EricStratton
03-01-2009, 07:43 AM
I have tickets to todays Bills/pats game and I'm hoping we can pull it out.

Oh yea, it's only March 1st.

shelby
03-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Guys, it's been two days. My Lord....relax and wait for things to unfold. The FO isn't done yet. i really dislike the "jump off the cliff" mentality.

Mahdi
03-01-2009, 09:12 AM
I gotta be realistic about this... I see both sides of this argument...

1. we haven't improved SO FAR into FA. As mentioned we have holes at LG, OLB, DE, DT, WR and TE.

2. Its still March 1st and there a ways to go before the roster is filled.

All that being said is it realistic to believe that all our holes will be filled by the time the season starts? You only have so many draft picks that can come in and start or even play in their first season and the FA market is thinning with options, good options anyways. Meanwhile our division is loaded with talent. Brady will be back and healthy, they wouldn't have traded Cassell unless they believed Brady would be ready. Sure the Jets dont have a QB but with the defense they have they wont need to score many points. The Fins already had a pretty solid roster, they retained their own guys and they added a couple of upgrades.

Im finding it hard to see the Bills surpassing any of our rivals in talent at any point in the offseason. They're going to have to play perfect football to win or close to it.

Ingtar33
03-01-2009, 09:13 AM

the only thing that bothers me about your post is you're just realizing this now.

I said the moment the schedule was finalized that we had the look of a 5-11 football team.

thus far nothing has changed between then and now that makes me doubt this...

all that's happened since the release of the schedule is
-we kept our coaching staff
-we lost our 3rd best o-lineman, turning our o-line needs into 2 starting guards and a starting center, rather then 1 starting guard and a starting center
-downgraded our number 2 QB with a guy who's a number 3 on most teams
-lost our number 1 CB.
-might lose our number 1 RB to a disciplinary suspension for 1/4 or more of the season

our list of needs is growing in free agency. not shrinking.

Nighthawk
03-01-2009, 09:15 AM
the only thing i disagree about this post is that you're just realizing this now.

I said the moment the schedule was finalized that we had the look of a 5-11 football team.

all that's happened since is we kept our coaching staff, then we lost our 3rd best o-lineman, downgraded our number 2 QB with a guy who's a number 3 on most teams, and lost our number 1 CB.

Excellent post...how did this team end up with more needs then they had last week? Only Buffalo...

don137
03-01-2009, 09:15 AM
It's way to early to say what the finished product is however I truly don't see how they can improve enough to be above .500. I can see a team with less that 5 wins a lot more realistic than a team with 10 wins. I truly believe the poor coaching staff costs them 2 wins.

The Juice Is Loose
03-01-2009, 09:19 AM
you guys are tools. honestly.

i wasn't expecting a huge free agent signing, because our office doesn't know how to evaluate talent.

every team in our division is leaps and bounds ahead of us. the pat's spanked us twice with matt f'n cassel for crying out loud.

we couldn't score 1 td on san fran at home late in the year. we've lost 2 offensive starters. we are a worse team.

if they sign coles, it just perpetuates what's been going on here for years. we may as well bring back peerless price.

our offense can't score, no rookie tight end is going to make a team win 3-4 more games than the previous year.

our schedule is twice as hard as it was last year.

the jets got a real coach, miami got a real coach, i don't need to mention the pats. we still have dick.

our best player is facing suspension.

this team is worse than the 2003 team.

madness
03-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Guys, it's been two days. My Lord....relax and wait for things to unfold. The FO isn't done yet. i really dislike the "jump off the cliff" mentality.

Yet, they don't jump. I'm tired of it too but I think it's all part of some tragic comedy.

It's foolish to base a record off the schedule at the beginning of the year, but we still manage to take it one step further so we can be the first to predict doom and gloom. If only that step was saved for the cliff.

kelly2reed4six
03-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by shelby

Two Words; NINE YEARS!
After 9 years of what feels like watching peewee league football with the bills and this FO, it is extremely difficult to have ANY feeling of excitement! It is finally beginning to sink in that we are in the likes of the Detroit Lions.....

shelby
03-01-2009, 09:50 AM
And yet, here we are. Funny, isn't it?
:D

kelly2reed4six
03-01-2009, 09:55 AM
It's like an addiction, ya know! We hope SO BADLY that they will change things, but all the time we are only in denial; hoping that one of these days we will read a post stating something like "Bills land T.J. Housh" rather than "Bills sign useless back up QB on first day of free agency." Maybe we need to start a buffalo bills fans rehab program

TacklingDummy
03-01-2009, 09:59 AM
19-0 here we come.

HHURRICANE
03-01-2009, 10:00 AM

Sadly, you might be right. We have a backup center replacing our...backup Center. We cut our starting RG in favor of?????

We could have moved Hamden to the #2 spot and still improved our backup QB situation so Fitzpatrick is basically a minor improvement.

Pinkerton Security
03-01-2009, 11:18 AM

i wasn't expecting a huge free agent signing, because our office doesn't know how to evaluate talent.

every team in our division is leaps and bounds ahead of us. the pat's spanked us twice with matt f'n cassel for crying out loud.

we couldn't score 1 td on san fran at home late in the year. we've lost 2 offensive starters. we are a worse team.

if they sign coles, it just perpetuates what's been going on here for years. we may as well bring back peerless price.

our offense can't score, no rookie tight end is going to make a team win 3-4 more games than the previous year.

the jets got a real coach, miami got a real coach, i don't need to mention the pats. we still have dick.

and you sir are an *******. go be a lions fan if you think we're so awful.

don137
03-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Sadly, you might be right. We have a backup center replacing our...backup Center. We cut our starting RG in favor of?????

We could have moved Hamden to the #2 spot and still improved our backup QB situation so Fitzpatrick is basically a minor improvement.

Hangartner is an upgrade over Fowler/Preston.

Pinkerton Security
03-01-2009, 11:26 AM
the only thing that bothers me about your post is you're just realizing this now.

all that's happened since the release of the schedule is
-we kept our coaching staff
-we lost our 3rd best o-lineman, turning our o-line needs into 2 starting guards and a starting center, rather then 1 starting guard and a starting center
-downgraded our number 2 QB with a guy who's a number 3 on most teams
-lost our number 1 CB.
-might lose our number 1 RB to a disciplinary suspension for 1/4 or more of the season

-our coaching staff does not make me all that happy
-we lost a mediocre lineman who, if we sign kendall simmons, will not be missed. and hangartner is already signed : how much worse than fowler/preston can he really be? If I'm being realistic I'd say hes a slight upgrade over fowler, a slight downgrade from preston (though i think hes better than both)
- fitzpatrick has been on some god awful teams, worse than ours for sure. so how do we know hes no good? this being said, yes we got worse at our #2 qb spot for the time being.
- lost our best man-cover corner, but still have our best overall corner, our most potential-filled corner who most can see will be very good soon, and have youboty who played at a high level before getting hurt.
- theres no way we will lose lynch for more than 4 games, and i'd say it'll only be 2.

Its all how you look at things. I choose to wait until right before the season starts to start prognosticating about how we are going to do, because a lot can happen between now and then.

trapezeus
03-01-2009, 11:06 PM
i don't understand this, "calm down it's only two days of FA" mentality. If we aren't getting players who have been coached well in the NFL, then we are getting college kids who are getting coached by our band of idiots. and they'll be selected from our front office who hasn't nailed a pick in a very long time. Marshawn has been the best, yet he seemingly can't stay out of trouble.

In fact, i think the fact it's only march means there is a better chance marshawn will get in more trouble before training camp.

BuffaloRanger
03-01-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm not hysterical about FA. The best players were out of our price range AND at positions that weren't priority. We all hoped the Bills would make a big splash, but deep down we knew they wouldn't.

Yes, FA has just started, but there's not much out there. Yes, trades are still possible, but how much can that help?

I really wanted the Bills to make a move for Winslow. But I knew they would find a away to dick that up. Yes you can say he's injury prone (and staph infection prone!) and that he has character issues, but he would have solved our TE issues and allowed the team to draft differently.

Predicting a bad year for the Bills isn't overly negative - it's just realistic. They are not even a good team. They lost 8 of their last 10 games last season. The schedule is measurably more difficult. They may be able to fill the holes with slightly better players, but that's not going to make them a playoff team.

Even the fans that think the Bills should win 5 games next season will be hard pressed to think 9 wins is possible.

If they get some breaks and good calls (for the 1st time!) I think they could win more then 5 games. No more then 7. Last place in the AFC East...again.

tat2dmike77
03-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Nice way to open your arguement calling everyone a tool. If you can't handle the differences of opinion then i can tell you this calling people a bunch of tools will make your stay here that much shorter.

What do big names get you? Nothing but a big contract and old guy pretendin he can still play. I have said it before and i will say it again. Haynesworth was and is not worth the money he was signed to. And if the Bills had signed him and he was stinking it up in week 7 ot 8 people would be in here saying "See Buffalo over pays players". You are entitled to your opinion and i do respect it but big names don't always translate into automatic improvement. Just ask any fish fan about the Cullpepper experiment.

Last time i checked Cassel pretty much spanked everyone he played against.

Really was Royal and Dockery the guys who held this team together? Come'on man even you had to laugh a little when you typed this.

The difference between Coles and Price is Coles produces while Price just strokes his ego. Coles developed a good relationship with Pennington he could do the same with Edwards. And he is a threat whether people want to admit it or not he still has a couple of years left in him.

You already said this. No rookie TE will come in and make a impact. But not every TE is going to A.Gates or T.Gonzalez those guys are greats. But if you can get a TE who can catch 4 to 5 balls a game and still block i think that is productive. TE is not a superstar position so don't have dreams of seeing a HOF'er at TE right now.

Waaaah and i'm twice as broke so what. Complaining about the schedule is a loser mentality (I am not calling you a loser). You play who play and every week it's tough to win in the NFL. Ask any player from any era and they will tell you the same thing. This is not NCAA where you have tough games folowed by two too three weeks of cupcake games. Every week is a tough game some are just more harder then others.

The Jets got a Coordinator who has yet to coach one game a HC. Yeah i know how great he was at Baltimore but may i remind you of Mike Mularky, Romeo Crennell and Cam Cameron all great Coordinators all crappy HC's will Ryan fail i dunno. Miami got a real coach for last season now in year two is when the league will catch up too him. Let's see how he plays out this year. Yeah i know we have dick and i like everyone else am not happy about it. But he is the only HC we got right now so i better learn to deal with it for one more year.

Do you even watch the games. If you have no faith in Fred Jackson then there is something wrong with you. Jackson can run the ball just as well as Lynch. Even if Lynch is suspended it will be for four games and he could possiblly get that shortened if he is not charged with anything. Again stop jumping ahead of yourself.

The difference is that team has already played this one has yet to play. And i highly doubt this team will be worse then the '03 disastor.

I'm not sure what your trying to do with all your the Bills suck talk on Mar first. Fans like you i just shake my head at. Did you not live through the 80's? Now those were tough years.

This league is funny and one year you can be up and the next down. You never know. But i know i am not going to throw in the towel because the Bills have not been throwing money around.

All the holes that have to be filled are more important then signing one big name. Besides everyone will tell you the first three days of FA are the days when players are usually overpaid. What has been one of the problems with the org? Overpaying for players. But now that nobody has been signed to a large contract people want to throw in the towel and say this team sucks. I just don't get it.

topher180
03-02-2009, 06:47 AM

I agree. Most of Juice's points are well taken. While it's pretty clear the Bills can't fill all their holes with the route they are taking, it's only a few days into free agency. Let's at least wait until after the draft.

trapezeus
03-02-2009, 11:14 AM
with a capable coaching staff that knows how to get the most out of players, i would trust our low money approach. but it's clear we need all the talent we c an get to overcompensate for the crappy coaching that will keep young promising guys on the bench (read:Fred Jackson, Steve johnson, etc.) and the timeouts they plan on burning in the first half.

feldspar
03-02-2009, 01:58 PM
2009 Opponents
Home: Dolphins(LOSS), Jets(LOSS), Patriots(WHOOPIN), Buccaneers(LOSS), Colts(LOSS), Saints(LOSS), Texans(LOSS), Browns(WIN, MAYBE)
Away: Dolphins(LOSS), Jets(LOSS), Patriots(INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH WHOOPIN), Falcons(LOSS), Jaguars(LOSS), Panthers(LOSS), Titans(LOSS), Chiefs(WIN)

There is no way in hell the Bills get swept in the AFC East again next year. The Dolphins and the Jets are WAY overrated right now.

We have a very difficult schedule, but so does everybody else in our division.

I predict over 5 wins definitely, but I think that, with our division's schedules, the Bills are going to have to win the division to make the playoffs...this means beating the Patriots, which I don't see happening...it could happen, but I don't see it.

psubills62
03-02-2009, 02:00 PM
2009 Opponents

Well gee, why do we need to play the season then when we've got the predictable genius here?

I'm sure that's what people were saying about Atlanta last offseason too. And let me clarify - I'm not saying we'll do as well as they did in 2008. But nothing's impossible. Our young players might actually (gasp!) develop into very good players!

ddaryl
03-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I beleive 5 wins is a stretch.. I'm thinking 3-13 with our present roster.

but what's sad is NOBODY here is even thinking playoffs

The Juice Is Loose
03-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Well gee, why do we need to play the season then when we've got the predictable genius here?

I'm sure that's what people were saying about Atlanta last offseason too. And let me clarify - I'm not saying we'll do as well as they did in 2008. But nothing's impossible. Our young players might actually (gasp!) develop into very good players!

ok if you want to compare us to atlanta

they changed qb's, we have the same qb

they changed coaching staffs, we have the same coaching staff

my point is this: there are no question marks on our team. we know what all of our players and coaches are going to do next year. underachieve.

and until a person or coach or player comes in, and changes the team, its going to be more of the same.

we've been 7-9 three years in a row, and have changed nothing.

they say insanity is defined as repeating the same action over and over and expecting different results.

we still have lousy coaches, an unproven quarterback, a running back in trouble, a disgruntled under talented offensive line. (Who's best player, Peters, is dramatically over rated and soon to be over paid) Lee evans, who I think would be a 1 if he had a 2 or a 3, has 5 #4 receivers behind him. coles would be another scrub, who won't make a bit o difference, not that he wants to play here anyway.

players don't want to sign with this team. and its not cuz of the weather. its because they want to win. and they want to get rich. neither of which will happen here. not until we have someone, IDK WHO, but someone who knows what their doing running the show.

we don't have that.

we won't have that, at least for a year.

therefore the buffalo bills will suck ass next year.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Yes we can.