PDA

View Full Version : Guerin has waived his no trade clause on his contract

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-28-2009, 06:37 PM
While Jeanneret was doing a plug for WGR55 "seperate rumors from reality when you listen longer to WGR" then he added

that Bill Guerin was dressed for the pregame skate, he is not injured, he went back into the locker room and he is not playing tonight. Harry Neale then added that Guerin waived his no trade clause in his contract. Trade deadline Wed.

:pray:

BlackMetalNinja
02-28-2009, 06:49 PM
If you'd have listened to the rest of the statement, it's highly doubtful he was traded to Buffalo, since everybody is still on the ice for the Sabres tonight.

DrGraves
02-28-2009, 06:49 PM
except max...

BlackMetalNinja
02-28-2009, 06:52 PM
except max...Well yes, but that would be FAR too good to be true.

Nighthawk
02-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Well yes, but that would be FAR too good to be true.

Although I believe you're right, I don't think you would see a player going to the Islanders in a trade for Guerin...just picks. That being said, if he wasn't in the lineup because he was traded to the Sabres, then he would simply walk across the hall and dress in a Sabres uniform for the game.

chernobylwraiths
02-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Although I believe you're right, I don't think you would see a player going to the Islanders in a trade for Guerin...just picks. That being said, if he wasn't in the lineup because he was traded to the Sabres, then he would simply walk across the hall and dress in a Sabres uniform for the game.

You think they have extra jerseys laying around? I bet that the details would have be to worked out. I think Dallas.

clumping platelets
02-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Confirmed that it's an Eastern Conference Team

chernobylwraiths
02-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Maybe back to the Devils? Could be the Flyers.

Let's see, who needs a big tough leader who can chip in the occasional goal. :scratch:

I'm SURE he won't go THERE!

rbochan
03-01-2009, 08:43 AM
During the 1st intermission, it would have been nice to see him walk out of the Fishsticks dressing room with all his gear and walk into Buffalo's... and see Hecht and Pominfail walk out of Buffalo's and into the Fishsticks' room.

BlackMetalNinja
03-01-2009, 08:55 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/rslover.tsn/185374/

Looks like Montreal, possible New Jersey. Should find out today at any rate.

Nighthawk
03-01-2009, 09:03 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/rslover.tsn/185374/

Looks like Montreal, possible New Jersey. Should find out today at any rate.

Wow, teams in the playoff race actually making trades to help their teams...what a concept! Why doesn't this organziation ever get experienced, character guys to help out this team? How frustrating.

chubluv
03-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Wow, teams in the playoff race actually making trades to help their teams...what a concept! Why doesn't this organziation ever experienced, character guys to help out this team? How frustrating.

We dont want to mortgage the future for today. :ill: , but I'll ask you this when does the future become today? Because there will not be a future if you dont start doing some thing about it today.

Nighthawk
03-01-2009, 09:25 AM
We dont want to mortgage the future for today. :ill: , but I'll ask you this when does the future become today? Because there will not be a future if you dont start doing some thing about it today.

Excellent post! If we all lived by the Sabres philosophy, we'd all live forever and never get old!

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2009, 10:39 AM
The way this is dragging out and the fact that the Islanders are waiting for the trade partner to give final OK to the deal, makes me wonder if it is nor the Sabres. The indecision sounds like Darcy.

chernobylwraiths
03-02-2009, 11:01 AM
The way this is dragging out and the fact that the Islanders are waiting for the trade partner to give final OK to the deal, makes me wonder if it is nor the Sabres. The indecision sounds like Darcy.

It would make sense if we traded someone from Portland or draft picks. Maybe the Islanders agreed not to let him play but Buffalo couldn't take him till after the trade.

But yeah, sounds like Darcy.