PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Bernard just signed with Giants!

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 06:59 PM
for those bernard fans out there he is still in NY.... the city that is. just announced by schefter on NFL total access

ddaryl
02-28-2009, 07:56 PM
don't think we were even looking that way, but he would have made us a little more stout at DT

Tatonka
02-28-2009, 07:58 PM
that sucks.. he is perfect for the giants too.. he is exactly what we needed.

Mitchell55
02-28-2009, 08:17 PM
This sucks. I hate it when teams sign players they dont even need.

nateodoms'bff
02-28-2009, 11:32 PM
This sucks. I hate it when teams sign players they dont even need.

Be fair. That team is centered on their defense, and running game.

There is a big hole when Strahan left and Osi went down.

Adding Bernard allows them to bring pressure from all over the place, especially when they go to those 5 man fronts. Similar to the "creep" that Perry uses once a season, that always has amazing success. Good defenses bring in variations on every play. Bernard is a great fit for them, I really wish he could have made his way to Buffalo... But that's what winning organizations do, they target players, and don't let them leave without money in hand.

EDS
02-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Be fair. That team is centered on their defense, and running game.

There is a big hole when Strahan left and Osi went down.

Adding Bernard allows them to bring pressure from all over the place, especially when they go to those 5 man fronts. Similar to the "creep" that Perry uses once a season, that always has amazing success. Good defenses bring in variations on every play. Bernard is a great fit for them, I really wish he could have made his way to Buffalo... But that's what winning organizations do, they target players, and don't let them leave without money in hand.

Big hole? I wish the Bills had as "big a hole" and had guys like the Giants do (i.e., Tuck, Kiwanuka, etc.) after losing a top guy for the season like Osi.

nateodoms'bff
03-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Big hole? I wish the Bills had as "big a hole" and had guys like the Giants do (i.e., Tuck, Kiwanuka, etc.) after losing a top guy for the season like Osi.

Imagine if Tuck and Kiwanuka didn't play as well as they had?

There was a lot of speculation about their abilities.

The Giants do things right, they make their team better, by adding quality players that FIT their system.

Bernard is a perfect fit, he is quick and agile, and strong enough to take on two blockers.

He can penetrate the line, and doesn't have to play with both hands on the ground.

It was a need that they had, and they filled it. Unlike the Bills Organization, that fills holes with players that may or may not fit the system, but have high character.