X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

4 goals

Since Miller was injured I believe the Sabres have scored a total of 4 goals.

That's 3 whole games, one almost whole period and an overtime. And that counts the shootout. Nobody is doing anything offensively. Kotalik got two of them on one times, seems that is all he is good for, but of course he likes to hit the post too. Pomminville is terrible and needs to sit a game, but you could also sit his linemate Hecht. Stafford and Connolly have disappeared (still think Connolly is great and is the Sabres best player and not to be traded?). Roy has been giving it away to the other team trying to look like Max. Spacek and most of our defense for that matter have a knack for hitting the guy directly in front of them. Sekera is more dangerous to us in our zone than he is in the oppositions zone with the puck. Lydman has forgotten how to play hockey. Butler doesn't know who to emulate on the defense. I don't have much good to say about anybody except maybe Gaustad and Lalime. Too bad Gaustad has hands of stone around the net.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: 4 goals

Everybody wants toughness...hitting...fighting...muck it up...grind it out...

give me twelve forward who score an average of 20 goals each and with a goalie like Miller I'll win you a Stanley Cup.

Score more goals. It's all that counts.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
      Since Miller was injured I believe the Sabres have scored a total of 4 goals.

That's 3 whole games, one almost whole period and an overtime. And that counts the shootout. Nobody is doing anything offensively. Kotalik got two of them on one times, seems that is all he is good for, but of course he likes to hit the post too. Pomminville is terrible and needs to sit a game, but you could also sit his linemate Hecht. Stafford and Connolly have disappeared (still think Connolly is great and is the Sabres best player and not to be traded?). Roy has been giving it away to the other team trying to look like Max. Spacek and most of our defense for that matter have a knack for hitting the guy directly in front of them. Sekera is more dangerous to us in our zone than he is in the oppositions zone with the puck. Lydman has forgotten how to play hockey. Butler doesn't know who to emulate on the defense. I don't have much good to say about anybody except maybe Gaustad and Lalime. Too bad Gaustad has hands of stone around the net.
      Really, if you hate it so much, why are you here? Just to gloat? Just to rub it in to everyone? I don't understand the mentality of people who just want to complain to everyone how bad the organization is? I swear that some of you get some perverse pleasure from pointing out failure, or where they made mistakes or pointing out that they were right.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3941156 And this is why I have zero faith in this organization. Had a trade in place, but didn't get the paperwork in on time? Nice...very nice!
      Last edited by Philagape; 03-01-2009, 06:58 AM.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

3 goals on 100+ shots in the past 3 games, nobody in their right mind can hang that on Lalime.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
          Really, if you hate it so much, why are you here? Just to gloat? Just to rub it in to everyone? I don't understand the mentality of people who just want to complain to everyone how bad the organization is? I swear that some of you get some perverse pleasure from pointing out failure, or where they made mistakes or pointing out that they were right.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...0&postcount=17

Hardly the same thing. One is a complete overreaction to NOT signing the best free agents available and one is actually playing. See the difference. But nice try.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Hardly the same thing. One is a complete overreaction to NOT signing the best free agents available and one is actually playing. See the difference. But nice try.
            No, the other thread was about the Dockery/paperwork incident. It's all about incompetent/negative things happening, on or off the playing field, and whining about negativity on a forum.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
              No, the other thread was about the Dockery/paperwork incident. It's all about incompetent/negative things happening, on or off the playing field, and whining about negativity on a forum.
              The other thread that I replied to was an overall thing on the board. It wasn't meant to be about that particular incident, but about how there are so many posters on there just waiting for them to make a move to make fun of it and make fun of management and Ralph. Everybody is real quick to jump on the Bills and the Sabres for any move they don't like to show their incompetance. It was getting old. It is a HUGE reason why many posters don't go on the main board anymore.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

The other thread that I replied to was an overall thing on the board. It wasn't meant to be about that particular incident, but about how there are so many posters on there just waiting for them to make a move to make fun of it and make fun of management and Ralph. Everybody is real quick to jump on the Bills and the Sabres for any move they don't like to show their incompetance. It was getting old. It is a HUGE reason why many posters don't go on the main board anymore.
                is it our complaining or the fact the bills find a way to totally blow it.

In the sabres current bad run, they usually do something worth thinking about. There will be trades. Reiger has a record of doing odd things that work out in the end. The bills don't have that luxury.

So i ask you, is complaining about the Bills a fan's fault or the team's fault.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

more the team's

Comment

Working...
                  X