Anybody else having a hard time envisioning this team in the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Anybody else having a hard time envisioning this team in the playoffs?

I have to admit that I'm seriously having doubts that this team is good enough to make the playoffs. It wouldn't be this bad if I knew that this FO would actually try to make a trade to address some of the problems, but let's be realistic, that's not this organization's style.
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: Anybody else having a hard time envisioning this team in the playoffs?

I'm starting to. I'm hoping this is one of those slumps and they will pick it back up in a game or two. Maybe when Vanek returns. They sure aren't playing like a playoff team right now.

Comment

• SabreEleven
      • Aug 2002

They picked a very wrong time to go into a slump.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SabreEleven
        They picked a very wrong time to go into a slump.
        No ****!

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

We should have seen this coming, they've been inconsistent for the past 2 years and they just went on a nice run at the beginning of the year. They were do for a slump...it's the Sabre way.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

It reminds me so much of last year. Another depressing end to the season....

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
              We should have seen this coming, they've been inconsistent for the past 2 years and they just went on a nice run at the beginning of the year. They were do for a slump...it's the Sabre way.
              Yeah...a slump...losing the two best players on the team had nothing to do with it.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                Yeah...a slump...losing the two best players on the team had nothing to do with it.
                No...but losing our BEST player did have a lot to do with it.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

so the Sabres are a Vanek and a Miller away from being the worse team in the League? That is pretty sad.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                    • Aug 2002

Oh and don't forget a Afinogenov.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                      so the Sabres are a Vanek and a Miller away from being the worse team in the League? That is pretty sad.
                      as are many teams...take away the best two players from teams and watch them slide in the standings.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

You should play for the Sabres, Eb, You are making excuses for them. Jersey lost Brodeur for over half the season and climbed the standings.
                        Last edited by SabreEleven; 03-01-2009, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X