PDA

View Full Version : MIA and NYJ secondaries........uh-oh!

Coach Sal
02-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Miami:
S - Gibril Wilson
S - Yeremiah Bell
CB - Will Allen
CB - Andre Goodman

Jets:
S - Kerry Rhodes
S - (in talks with Jim Leonhard)
CB - Darrelle Revis
CB - Lito Sheppard
**Also targeting Corey Ivy as nickel back.

The Pats don't have this kind of talent. But, let's face it. They're the Pats.

Our offense couldn't score points last year. How the hell is Trent gonna find open guys in the end zone now?

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Upgrade our Center and LG, Peters shakes off the rust, bring in Coles, Steve Johnson gets another year of experience, and Hardy gets healthy.

That's how.

Coach Sal
02-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Upgrade our Center and LG, Peters shakes off the rust, bring in Coles, Steve Johnson gets another year of experience, and Hardy gets healthy.

That's how.

Love the optimism. But man we're gonna have to battle even harder to get points through the air in division games.

Dr. Lecter
02-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Love the optimism. But man we're gonna have to battle even harder to get points through the air in division games.

And let's talk about the Bills pass rush.

I am sticking by my 3-13 prediction.

This is depressing. The Bills need their running game to step up.

Oh wait, the #1 RB is going to miss 4 games.

jimbohastle51
02-28-2009, 10:39 PM

have to agree with you, we are going to have to get every yard we can out of jackson and marshawn (hopefully it is only a 2 games suspension since it was misdemeanors)

LtFinFan66
02-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Miami:
S - Gibril Wilson
S - Yeremiah Bell
CB - Will Allen
CB - Andre Goodman

Jets:
S - Kerry Rhodes
S - (in talks with Jim Leonhard)
CB - Darrelle Revis
CB - Lito Sheppard
**Also targeting Corey Ivy as nickel back.

The Pats don't have this kind of talent. But, let's face it. They're the Pats.

Our offense couldn't score points last year. How the hell is Trent gonna find open guys in the end zone now?Andre Goodman is a FA

Mitchell55
02-28-2009, 10:49 PM
The only one that scares me is the Jets. Goodman is a FA, Allen is beat able, Bell is good but we have had success against him, Wilson is with his 3rd team in 3 years.

nateodoms'bff
02-28-2009, 11:16 PM

That's how.

If they bring in Coles, how do Hardy and Johnson see the field?

This coaching staff doesn't play unproven players.

The starting lineup will be Evans and Coles (money), and Reed, Parrish (experience). There is no room for Johnson or Hardy.

A case could be made for Hardy in the Redzone, but with his poor route running ability, he won't get open on any of those guys. He will have to depend on his size, which a good CB like Shepard or Revis can take away with their own ability.

Some serious moves need to be made in order to improve this Wide Receiver Corps, and I just don't see it happening.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-01-2009, 01:08 AM
[QUOTE=Dr.Lecter]And let's talk about the Bills pass rush.

I am sticking by my 3-13 prediction.

This is depressing. The Bills need their running game to step up.

Oh wait, the #1 RB is going to miss 4 games.

Way too early to be calling out 3-13 buddy still lots of FA and a entire draft so have faith if you can.

Coach Sal
03-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Andre Goodman is a FA

Thanks. I looked that up, but must have missed him.

But pairing Wilson with Bell looks good. Both are head-hunting safeties. I'm sure Parcells will find someone very competent to fill the other corner.

don137
03-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Yea, but they don't have Ko Simpson....Oh, never mind...

X-Era
03-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Neither of those lineups scare me at all to be honest. Id actually rather have our secondary than either.

As far as how do you beat that? You bring in a quality #2 WR, and you get a receiving TE... DONE!