Tight End ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Tight End ideas

The Tight End position has been a glaring need for the Bills since the serviceable Jay Riemersma left. I'm not high on taking one in the first round of this year's draft, as some mock drafts have us doing, but Travis Beckum, a Junior from Wisconsin looks to be the real deal. He has been on the brink of a couple of 1,000 yard seasons in his collegiate career, and looking at a few highlights, he seems to have real good hands. Last year was cut short however with a fractured fibula, or he would deffinitley be going in the first round. People have him projected somewhere in the 2nd round, and if he falls to us, I would'nt hesitate. The remaining free agents out there seem to be older tight ends who are more of the blocking type, than the game-changing type. However, L.J Smith of the Philadelphia Eagles is an unrestricted free agent, and has put together a few good seasons in Philly. Most notably 2005 where he grabbed over 60 catches. I think, other than a trade, he is the only one left out there that would make me a little happier with our Tight End position.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tight End ideas

He's just so injury prone...talented, yes. I just don't see this organization taking a flier on him.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

other than the fractured fibula, what injuries has he had?
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• circlethewagons
        • Dec 2005

At this point i'd take LJ smith... he's certainly injury prone but at this point we've got to fill some holes some how before the draft, and i think smith could be a stop gap so we can concentrate on other things in the draft...

Comment

• jimbohastle51
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2005

tony sceffler in denver would be really nice and a 3rd or 4th would probably get him. he is a great receiving TE

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

Somebody please tell me why KW Jr. is not a Buffalo Bill right now...We had the picks, and we have the need for him yet we didn't make it happen, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Bmax
              • Aug 2003

Stick with the draft and get Nelson,Casey or Coffman.
              in rounds 2 thur 4

Bmax

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Beckum in the 2nd would be a reach. After that injury, he shouldn't be drafted before the 3rd. Besides, we might as well just upgrade the WR position because that's all he is - a glorified WR.

I'd rather get Nelson or Cook.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                X