PDA

View Full Version : For those of you defending the fact that the Bills do nothing to get better

The Juice Is Loose
03-01-2009, 09:38 AM
We'll go division by division and we'll see who we can beat. This is gonna be painful. Lets start with our own division.

Miami - No - Swept us last year, we've added nothing. Sweep us again

New York - No - They got a real coach, their defense is gonna be sick, we'll be shut out from scoring a td twice.

New England - No - Its been 7 years since we beat them so, NO.

Thats 0 for 3 so far. That represents 6 losses.

AFC North

Baltimore - No - We wouldn't be able to score on them once.

Cincinatti - Maybe - Carson Palmer will be back, they will resign Benson. I personally would pick the Bengals.

Cleveland - Maybe - Mangini is a dumb ass. I don't see them being good, but they beat us at home last year. We've done nothing to get better, so how do we turn around and beat them?

Pittsburgh - No - LOL. This would be a shut out. In Buff or Pitt.

AFC South

Houston - No - They can score, we can't. Nuff said.

Indi - No - Has Peyton ever been beat by the Bills in a meaningful game?

Jacksonville - Maybe - The fact that they kept Del Rio is all we have going for us, as he may be the only coach in the NFL worse than ours.

Tennessee - No - They'd spank us. Hands down.

AFC West

Denver - Maybe - I can't say No since we beat them last year. That said, they'd beat us. It was a fluke last year.

Kansas City - Yes - We beat them good last year so I give you this.

Oakland - Maybe - At our best we beat them by a last second field goal at home. We haven't won at Oakland in forever. We'd lose.

San Diego - No - Granted, we beat them last year. LT was hurt as was Merriman. They'll be good next year, and they'll whoop us.

So there is the AFC. We play Tampa, New Orleans, Carolina and Atlanta next season, all of which will cream us. Easily.

I'm not gloom and doom. I'm realistic. This team was the worst team I've ever watched over the 2nd half of the season, and we are minus players. The only players we've talked to in FA will do NOTHING to help.

Any rookie, will be just that, a rookie. Remember what Hardy was supposed to do last year? This coaching staff is scared to death to play a rookie. Plus they can't coach/develop them for squat, and given that we haven't successfully drafted anybody great in 10 years, i don't expect it to change this year.

I hope you guys are fantasy football fans, cuz thats' gonna be your team this year. Buffalo won't win more than 3 games.

shelby
03-01-2009, 09:39 AM
i think we can beat the Bucs.

Nighthawk
03-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Man, you need to relax. I'm one of the most pessimistic posters on this board, but you make me look like a homer. We all know this team is going to suck next year, we don't need you to tell us that. Have you read the posts on here lately?

nateodoms'bff
03-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Miami- Split. The offense is gimmicky, and as of now, they have no real threats at WR, save Ginn. Teams should know how to plan for the wildcat formation. Their defense is not as good as they played last year, and can be beaten with a commitment to the run game. Passing the ball won't work against this team.

New England- 2 Losses. The Bills have never been able to stop Wes Welker, or their run game. Their defense is getting older, and the loss of Vrabel will certainly not make them better.

Jets- 2 Wins. Just because they brought in Bart Scott, doesn't make their defense unstoppable. For most of these players it will be their second defense to learn in as many years. Kris Jenkins proved that he can disappear from the defense for weeks at a time. They have NO OFFENSE at all. No QB, a pretty good run game, and no receivers. Dustin Keller showed flashes last season, but to be honest, I wasn't really that impressed with his play. Again, with no real QB, and a very bland system, they could be easily beaten.

So thats .500 in the division.

I think people need to be a little more realistic about this teams defense. Just because they didn't bring in a big time FA (btw, there weren't any to be brought in) doesn't mean that they will be bad. They ranked 14th overall last season, missing a SSLB and their starter at RDE. Like him or not Schoebel is a talent, and he almost certainly draws a double team. This defense is centered around the pash RUSH, not sacks. If Schoebel stays healthy, and Ellis emerges as the talent they seem to think he can develop into, then the defense will get better.

The offense needs to get away from the spread, and go with the strengths that this team has, the run game. A power run scheme similar to the one used by Carolina would be a perfect fit for this team, and its current O-Line. It would give the Bills an advantage over the other teams in this division, by keeping the Defense off the field, and forcing other teams off their game plans.

I know those are serious if's, but when you look at the big picture, this team isn't that far off, even in the talent department. Its a lack of offensive identity, and health issues on defense that have held this team back for the past 3 seasons.

The Juice Is Loose
03-01-2009, 11:40 AM
The offense needs to get away from the spread, and go with the strengths that this team has, the run game. A power run scheme similar to the one used by Carolina would be a perfect fit for this team, and its current O-Line. It would give the Bills an advantage over the other teams in this division, by keeping the Defense off the field, and forcing other teams off their game plans.

Do you really see this happening? We have Turk Schonert as an offensive coordinator. This is the same guy as last year. We'll be in shotgun with 4 wide on 1st and 10, get ready for it.

You also mentioned injuries, which brings me to my next issue, if anything how do they not feel they can improve our depth?! They should be collecting players and creating competitions at all positions. There isn't a starter on this team, except for Lynch and Edwards, that I don't think would improve if challenged.

This team is weak. If we have one or two injuries the season is down the tubes. They are arrogant and/or cheap to think that Dockery, right now, wouldn't at least be worth having. He wasn't due that much this year, it cost more to get rid of him, and at the very least he'd add depth and experience.

There is no method to this madness, and that is what people are getting mad about. Its been going on, as long as I can remember. Head scratching decisions, year after year after year. The one thing they've done right was Kawika Mitchell. Do you really expect Stroud to repeat a full, healthy, productive season again? He needs help.

nateodoms'bff
03-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Do you really see this happening? We have Turk Schonert as an offensive coordinator. This is the same guy as last year. We'll be in shotgun with 4 wide on 1st and 10, get ready for it.

You also mentioned injuries, which brings me to my next issue, if anything how do they not feel they can improve our depth?! They should be collecting players and creating competitions at all positions. There isn't a starter on this team, except for Lynch and Edwards, that I don't think would improve if challenged.

This team is weak. If we have one or two injuries the season is down the tubes. They are arrogant and/or cheap to think that Dockery, right now, wouldn't at least be worth having. He wasn't due that much this year, it cost more to get rid of him, and at the very least he'd add depth and experience.

There is no method to this madness, and that is what people are getting mad about. Its been going on, as long as I can remember. Head scratching decisions, year after year after year. The one thing they've done right was Kawika Mitchell. Do you really expect Stroud to repeat a full, healthy, productive season again? He needs help.

Let me say that I have said for a long time, that the problem with this team is Turk Schonert. I understand their desire for continuity, and they want to give Edwards a chance to grow with one coordinator. Sadly, this is the wrong guy for him, just like Mularkey was the wrong guy for JP.

As for injury issues. I think it starts with the training staff. The same injuries occur every season, at the same positions. That seems to indicate a problem with the strength coaches and the physical therapy staff. Our defensive players should not be constantly falling victim to knee and ankle injuries season after season. I don't know if any changes have been made, but I strongly doubt they have. As for depth and competition, I agree at getting better at some positions, but you get that through the draft. Guys like Ellis, Copeland Bryant, Kyle Williams, those are depth guys that fit into a spot on the field, and they fill that role perfectly. With Stroud, I would love to see BJ Raji get drafted, if and only if, the Bills sign a GOOD OLB to replace Crowell. Adding a DT of his size and ability will make this defense a force against the run and the pass, and will certainly lengthen Strouds career. I do expect for him to play at the same level this season as last. The main problem with the defense was injuries. Before Schoebel went down, the defense was playing out of its mind, you can't deny that.

Again, offensively, the Bills need an identity. If its a pass first identity, then bring in guys that fit the system, not guys that fit some kind of mental mold, or athletic ability that they seem to find appealing. The Great Bill Walsh never believed in drafting athletes, he believed in drafting and grooming football players that fit into his system. For all of the talk about him at OBD, you'd think that they would listen to their own rhetoric.

Its not as bad as everyone thinks. Its one problem that needs to be addressed, and thats the offense.