• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Plummer's passes found almost too hot to handle

By Lynn DeBruin and Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News
    May 12, 2003

Ashley Lelie felt the sting, and blamed it on Jake's zing.

Then again, it could have been the chill in the air.

"My hands hurt a little more," the Denver Broncos wide receiver said when asked if new quarterback Jake Plummer had a bit more mustard on his passes than Brian Griese did.

"It might have been the cold, but I can feel a little bit more (zing)."

General manager Ted Sundquist acknowledged that critics have questioned Plummer's arm strength at times. But he believes Plummer showed he can "let it go."

"His velocity picked up as camp progressed," Sundquist said of the team's three-day mini-camp that wrapped up at noon Sunday.

"That's one of the reasons I wanted to get him here, besides his escapability. I thought he could thread it. He guns it in there pretty good, and he's got a snap release. That release, coupled with his footwork, is going to help us make more plays that probably didn't get made last year."

MORE
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Plummer do some work with Favre? I know Freeman and Brooks were always complaining about their hands getting mangled.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
    X