• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

I gotta say this about the Bills FO right now

though nobody in the front office is ever going to come out and admit it, from what I'm starting to gather, there are a lot of free agents that the Bills tried contacting to get in for a visit, and the players decided they didn't want to come here.

While Jason Brown is the only name I can actually get confirmed, it's starting to really sound to me like a lot of players simply don't have any desire to play here.

Someone I talked to said that a very unstable coaching situation has a lot to do with it.

It's unfortunate, but the reality is looking like no player is going to come here unless they get above market value or no interest anywhere else.

As much as I don't like Ralph Wilson, from what I get it's not that he's being cheap; it's that guys won't come here unless he overpays them, and that's something Wilson obviously doesnt want to do.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: I gotta say this about the Bills FO right now

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    though nobody in the front office is ever going to come out and admit it, from what I'm starting to gather, there are a lot of free agents that the Bills tried contacting to get in for a visit, and the players decided they didn't want to come here.

While Jason Brown is the only name I can actually get confirmed, it's starting to really sound to me like a lot of players simply don't have any desire to play here.

Someone I talked to said that a very unstable coaching situation has a lot to do with it.

It's unfortunate, but the reality is looking like no player is going to come here unless they get above market value or no interest anywhere else.

As much as I don't like Ralph Wilson, from what I get it's not that he's being cheap; it's that guys won't come here unless he overpays them, and that's something Wilson obviously doesnt want to do.
    And who's fault is it that we have an unstable coaching situation? And why is it that he kept him..oh yeah, because he didn't want to pay him to go away. So, yes, it does, in the end, come down to Ralph being cheap.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      And who's fault is it that we have an unstable coaching situation? And why is it that he kept him..oh yeah, because he didn't want to pay him to go away. So, yes, it does, in the end, come down to Ralph being cheap.
      Well, I think if I've ever made one opinion of my clear in my years at BZ, it is that I am not a fan of Ralph Wilson. I'm not defending him, I think he's a coward.

I was just making the point that there are definitely FA's the Bills contacted that had no interest in coming here.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Well, I think if I've ever made one opinion of my clear in my years at BZ, it is that I am not a fan of Ralph Wilson. I'm not defending him, I think he's a coward.

I was just making the point that there are definitely FA's the Bills contacted that had no interest in coming here.
        I understand, I wasn't trying to state you were sticking up for this guy, but as is always the case with this organization, it always comes back to mismanagement.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2005

i can understand being careful about the coaching situation, if you sign here and jauron tells you how your going to be used and then you move your family and everything only to be cut next season for salary cap reasons or a new coach doesnt see your role on the team, that is a very true thing that happens. but, this is the price you pay for going 10 years without seeing the playoffs, or 7-9 3 years in a row. if we would have finished just 10-6 last year and even lost in a wildcard game more players would want to come here, that is just a fact.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

guess what this offseason would be like if Ralph wanted to win and we had hired Bill Cowher

thats the reason why nobody is going to come here and play its because the franchise doesn't go out and bring in proven winners...

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Ralph has no idea how that poor 2nd half of the season looked to the outside world.

He made the decision to retain Jauron and it's biting him in his boney backside. You can't bargain shop for GM & Coach and fool anyone. It hurts in FA.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• methos4ever
                • Apr 2004

Coward Pat? That's pretty strong words...from what do you gather that opinion?

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

it will change though as free agency gets deeper and less openings are available and players like marlon greenwood and mike peterson and such are forced to either come to buffalo to compete for a starting job or go to dallas to play special teams. i know alot of you will say you dont want players here that buffalo isnt where they want to be but its the money and playing time they want in the end.

Comment

• soapman
                    • Jan 2008

I said the same thing and everybody wanted me gone!

Comment

• billsburgh
                      • Jul 2003

can you really blame these players for not wanting to come here? I dont. The people running the team are a joke. The head coach is a joke. Honestly, the only type of player that is going to want to come here is someone like Hangartner who is getting his first chance to be a starter.

Comment

• elltrain22
                        • Sep 2003

Either way, it's that cheap, old, selfish terds' fault. I wouldn't wanna come here either. We are a joke
                        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

You can add a qb situation that is at best unstable.

Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

It's the FO's responsibility to make the team an attractive place to play. If players don't want to come here, it's the team's fault. Incompetence has consequences beyond just sucking on the field. The Bills have a bad reputation.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

That is our HoF owner Ralph C. Wilson. God bless him and keep him.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X