X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Pats and Chiefs should be investigated for collusion

There only two possible explanations for this.
    1. Stupidity
    2. Collusion

And we all know Belichick 'aint stupid.

Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Re: Pats and Chiefs should be investigated for collusion

The "we'd rather have a 2nd round pick than #12 overall" defense has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard!
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

They def had a deal way in advance

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

No doubt.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Coach Sal
          The "we'd rather have a 2nd round pick than #12 overall" defense has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard!
          I guess you will have to point out to me exactly where the Pats said that.

This article explains it better:

LINK

The Pats already had an agreement with the other offer came. The idea they would turn down greater compensation is ludicrous.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

They had a deal with Pioli prob when Pioli left. Screw the Pats

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by NE39
              I guess you will have to point out to me exactly where the Pats said that.

This article explains it better:

LINK

The Pats already had an agreement with the other offer came. The idea they would turn down greater compensation is ludicrous.
              Either way, something definitely smells fishy.

Mort and I have exchanged a few e-mails on the subject. Here is how he broke down the proposed three-way deal:
              This one defies logic, but a source I really trust tells me it's true: The Broncos were willing to offer their own first-round pick (12th overall) to the Patriots for Cassel. Obviously, it was conditional upon Cutler being traded and Tampa Bay was the most likely destination, the Bucs willing to part with their first- and third-round picks.
              But Belichick never embraced a trade with the Broncos, even though it was a head-scratcher on the value part (second-rounder versus a first-rounder). It suggests two or three speculative thoughts:
              1. Belichick has always valued second-round picks (he now has three) and didn't want to be stuck at No. 12 financially for whatever reason;
              2. Belichick had an agreement with Pioli all along and wouldn't break his word;
              3. Belichick isn't about to help another former assistant.
              The Broncos sensed resistance all along, which is why they held the Bucs, Lions, Vikings, etc., at arm's length and allows McDaniels his plausible deniability on trading Cutler (and logic supports his denial).
              However, despite intense efforts to keep this run at Cassel under wraps, enough damage has been done that Cutler may now be on the block.
              The Broncos/Cutler aspect of the trade was reported by the Boston Globe. A Patriots' leak? Why? To mess with McDaniels?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Does this really surprise anybody? There definitely was some "old boys" dealing going on with that deal.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

I don't understand how it's collusion. Aren't teams allowed to have trade talks whenever they want?

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Why does anyone care? I'm glad they got a 2nd rounder and not a 1st rounder. Although I'm pissed they were able to trade Cassel at all. I think he'll end up being another Scott Mitchell when all is said and done.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Of course, from the prespective of the Bills, Bill Belichick with and extra #12 overall pick is much more onerous than a Bill Belichick with an extra second rounder. At the same time, if he were to get in trouble for that, so much the better.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Why should we get pissed off about this? The Pats took less for their players. Im happy that it happened this way.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• billogic99
                          • Oct 2008

Is anyone else not amazed at the number of times BB is involved with something that just doesn't seem to be above board?? It's like every 6 months or so we hear BB was involved with something different that makes people question him. BB has already had a lifetime of controversy in just the past 6 years. I'm sick of it.
                          Last edited by billogic99; 03-01-2009, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• billogic99
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Why should we get pissed off about this? The Pats took less for their players. Im happy that it happened this way.
                            It's not about what they took, it's about yet another controversy.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by billogic99
                              Is anyone else not amazed at the number of times BB is involved with something that just doesn't seem to be above board?? It's like every 6 months or so we hear BB was involved with something different that makes people question him. BB has already had a lifetime of controversey in just the past 6 years. I'm sick of it.
                              The allegations of "extra frequencies" were shut-down right quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X