PDA

View Full Version : Afinogenov to Devils?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-01-2009, 11:40 PM
NHLN: On the Fly is reporting

that New Jersey is interested in Afinogenov who has speed and could play on a line with Zach Parise and Patrik Elias which could make that line dangerous. The Sabres would recieve two players from the Albany River Rats in exchange for Afinogenov. Afinogenov hasn't played since injuring his groin and it seems like the Sabres have given up on him. Columbus is also said to be interested in Afinogenov.

If the Sabres trade Afinogenov they would clear 3.5 million off of their salary cap and he is going to be an Unrestricted Free Agent after this season.

Sabres GM Darcy Regier says that the Sabres aren't looking for a rental player, their looking for a player who has years left on their contract.

CuseJetsFan83
03-02-2009, 02:23 AM
NHLN: On the Fly is reporting

that New Jersey is interested in Afinogenov who has speed and could play on a line with Zach Parise and Patrik Elias which could make that line dangerous. The Sabres would recieve two players from the Albany River Rats in exchange for Afinogenov. Afinogenov hasn't played since injuring his groin and it seems like the Sabres have given up on him. Columbus is also said to be interested in Afinogenov.

If the Sabres trade Afinogenov they would clear 3.5 million off of their salary cap and he is going to be an Unrestricted Free Agent after this season.

Sabres GM Darcy Regier says that the Sabres aren't looking for a rental player, their looking for a player who has years left on their contract.

um wrong again, at least partially....

the albany river rats are affiliated with the carolina hurricanes and have been for at least the past 3 years...

the LOWELL DEVILS are the nj aHL farm team.

anywho, columbus i can confirm an interest in there as we in syracuse have the minor league affiliate and it has come up in conversation with our team owner.

clumping platelets
03-02-2009, 04:40 AM
It would only clear the prorated portion of the $3.5 million from the cap this yr

I make this deal in a hillbilly heartbeat

trapezeus
03-02-2009, 01:08 PM
seems a bit extreme to send afinogenov for brodeur, but it is what it is. ;-)

clumping platelets
03-02-2009, 02:44 PM
They can send me a used Zamboni for Max.........it would be a steal

User Manuel
03-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Max would do well with them. NJ has a history of bringing guys like him in and getting them to play well. It would be a great wildcard kind of pickup for the Devils, maybe they catch ligthning in a bottle?

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Knowing Darcy Regier he will trade for the River Rats that were hurt in the bus accident.

CuseJetsFan83
03-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Knowing Darcy Regier he will trade for the River Rats that were hurt in the bus accident.

that would require a trade to carolina....... i dont see that happening

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I wonder who they'd get...likely not Bergfors or Corrente.

Maybe two of Vasyunov (LW), Fraser (D), or Eckford (D)?