PDA

View Full Version : John McCargo

Tatonka
03-02-2009, 05:50 AM
so are we keeping this guy?? why is he still on the roster.

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2009, 05:54 AM
His cap hit is under 2 million and the Bills have no other #4 DT on the roster. There is no reason to cut him now. They might keep him and see if Kollar's replacement can get him to play up to his ability.

Night Train
03-02-2009, 06:06 AM
I agree with the Doc. I don't blame Tatonka for wondering why but now it's a numbers game.

Go look at the depth chart and see how shorthanded we are across the board. It's frightening how many holes we have at starter & backup at various positions.

Get busy, Brandon. This roster is painfully short.

Tatonka
03-02-2009, 06:15 AM
i guess what concerns me is that we have not been linked with ANY defensive tackles so far in free agency. i would love to get a guy like robbins and see them hang on to mccargo to see if anyone will bite on a trade.

or maybe we will get a miracle and like you said, kollars replacement can get him to play.

he is really one of teh guys that shocked me last year.. after 2007 i had really high expectations because he played very well in spot duty.

if we go into the draft, assuming that bj raji is not available, i would love to see a trade down to the low first and grab a guy like ziggy hood, who looks like a perfect fit for what we need.. there is a slight chance he may be there for our second pick, but unlikely now that he has done so well at the combine.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 06:27 AM
I know of nothing personally and have nothing informative, but I would agree with what Lecter said.

He's a #4 DT on the roster who's relatively cheap in regard to the cap. No foul in keeping him around for now. I'd imagine if they eventually sign a DT in FA or draft one semi-early, then he could be gone.

SUcks for McCargo because if he's not in the future plans he'd rather be cut now; but that's the way the NFL works. It's a business.

I'd still rather see the Bills draft BJ Nagi if he's on the board over some of these tweener DE/LB that are supposedly Top 15 prospects.

methos4ever
03-02-2009, 06:29 AM
They let Mace go, so they'll probably look to sign/draft another Nose or 3Tech to be the 5th guy in the rotation.

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 07:27 AM
I wouldnt be opposed to brining in some healthy competition like a CJ Mosley (NYJ), Ellis Wyms (MIN), or Shaun Cody (DET).

Mosley-6'2, 305, 25 years old
17 Tackles, 1.5 Sacks-2008

Shaun Cody-6'4, 310, 26 years old
36 Tackles-2008

Ellis Wyms-6'3, 290, 29 years old
8 tackles, 2.5 Sacks, 1 FF

Tatonka
03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Ziggy Hood.

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Ziggy Hood.

Not a bad option but he may go to high for us. His stock is moving up, he may be a Day 1 selection and Im not sure his talent warrants it.

ddaryl
03-02-2009, 11:48 AM
so are we keeping this guy?? why is he still on the roster.

this is funny

we release Dockery to save a few bucks but create a HUGE hole

we keep McCargo who isn't even a starter and even though we tried to pawn his ass off on Indy last year, and we could upgrade with a few DT's on the market..

the Bills franchise is a puzzling complex

Tatonka
03-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Not a bad option but he may go to high for us. His stock is moving up, he may be a Day 1 selection and Im not sure his talent warrants it.

he is definately going in the 2nd round after his combine workout. i think there is a chance that he goes in the bottom of the 1st round.

i heard an interview with him on XM radio.. he definately came across as a polite and respectful guy who seemed to "get it". Plus he is the type of player that can penatrate and is extremely strong. i just like the guy more every time i hear something about him.

circlethewagons
03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
I know that Mccargo and bill kollar didn't get along - at least according to the Buffalo news. With a new D- line coach this year i wouldn't be surprised if he gets another chance, especially as pointed out above his cap number is relativly low. I still think he can develop into a nice rotation DT based on what i saw out of him two years ago, but its tough to tell

User Manuel
03-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Why not hang onto him? Maybe Kollar was part of the problem. He has as much upside as any other free agent clown we would bring in anyways and we can always release him at camp.

bigbub2352
03-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Its a joke he is still on the roster
Igor Olshansky is out there
Mark Wright is out there
these would be upgrades to him
he is horrible and signed for 1st round money
makes no sense he is still a Bill

Bulldog
03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
I know of nothing personally and have nothing informative, but I would agree with what Lecter said.

He's a #4 DT on the roster who's relatively cheap in regard to the cap. No foul in keeping him around for now. I'd imagine if they eventually sign a DT in FA or draft one semi-early, then he could be gone.

SUcks for McCargo because if he's not in the future plans he'd rather be cut now; but that's the way the NFL works. It's a business.

I'd still rather see the Bills draft BJ Nagi if he's on the board over some of these tweener DE/LB that are supposedly Top 15 prospects.

Sucks that the Bills spent a first round draft pick on this slob and he's done nothing to earn more playing time. I feel worse for the Bills than I do for McCargo.

User Manuel
03-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I think we are looking at this wrong. We could still sign Igor Olashansky and keep McCargo, its not like one has to go for the other to come.

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Its a joke he is still on the roster
Igor Olshansky is out there
Mark Wright is out there
these would be upgrades to him
he is horrible and signed for 1st round money
makes no sense he is still a Bill

It makes no sense to cut him now. He can be cut at a later date just as easily.

bigbub2352
03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
It makes no sense to cut him now. He can be cut at a later date just as easily.
i dont care about him being cut, we should try and trade him or leave him and sign different better players, McCargo is a bum
Coaching is not the problem when u cant make a single play last year