PDA

View Full Version : My Monday FA update thread.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 09:48 AM
10:47 AM: Alright.. Updates are going to be less frequent today. For one, I’m busy working on some Non-NFL stuff (sorry). For another, I don’t have the easy access to a contact I’ve had over the past three days, so info won’t come as freely. I’ll still try to update as much as I can when I can find out some tidbits, and if anything breaks hopefully I will be able to get all over it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Real quick regarding Coles.. The feeling is don’t expect any decision until after TJ signs. Obviously, if you’re a Bills fan who wants Coles, you’d like to see TJ back in Cinci. If TJ signs with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State>, Cinci is definitely in the mix. If TJ goes back to Cinci, and Coles still isn’t a Bill today, then we have some major problems.<o:p></o:p>
And this is another tidbit. Chris Brown commented on his Bills Blog this morning about my Waters report yesterday. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/02/brian-waters-a-trade-target/ (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/02/brian-waters-a-trade-target/)<o:p></o:p>
Rather normal Brown comments. Talks the usual Bills politics, about how the trade would be hard to put together, and money, etc etc.<o:p></o:p>
Funny though.. He’s the Bills guy, and the one thing he did NOT do is refute the report that the Bills are interested.<o:p></o:p>

WeAreArthurMoates
03-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Thanks Pat thanks for hooking us up at work. So basically, it all rests on TJ.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Not necessarily, but I’d say most likely yes.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Unless there is yet another team that is interested in Coles that nobody knows about. Regarding Coles, the only thing we know for sure is that right now <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Miami</st1:City> is NOT interested, and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> has definitely made him an offer after his visit on Friday.<o:p></o:p>
I know nothing about any timetable for him to accept or decline it, as of right now.<o:p></o:p>

don137
03-02-2009, 10:06 AM
My guess is Minnesota could get in the mix for Coles if they do not get TJ

Lone Stranger
03-02-2009, 10:09 AM
I am confused; you said that Miami is interested. When did that revelation come to the front?

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 10:10 AM
I am confused; you said that Miami is interested. When did that revelation come to the front?
Typo.. fixed.. sorry about that.

gggbills
03-02-2009, 10:19 AM
My guess is Minnesota could get in the mix for Coles if they do not get TJ

That is my thought as well. In fact if TJ does go back to Cincy, I would require Coles to sign the contract ASAP. If he does not, then you know his agent is calling the Vikings

realdealryan
03-02-2009, 10:20 AM
10:47 AM: Alright.. Updates are going to be less frequent today. For one, I’m busy working on some Non-NFL stuff (sorry).<o:p></o:p>

Unacceptable lol

Regardless of how hard it would be to get the deal done, we've got to be discussing getting a veteran pro-bowler like Waters in here. Chris Brown has been AWOL on free agency developments, though, so it's surprising to see an opinion show up.

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 10:22 AM
one thing is for sure... no way he would want to go to cincy over us, they have ZERO offensive line, no running game and no defense (there not winning anything or even going to the playoffs this year). i think he knows he is going to sign with us but he wants to see if he can squeeze a million or 2 more out of us. if no teams have called yet then besides cincy no one is going to call. seattle already has alot of money invested in a small coles like receiver in deon branch and minnisota has rice and berrian which are both really good receivers and would pay another number 2 when they already have two number 2 receivers. i think its a matter of time until he signs, and trying to get another million or 2 out of us.

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 10:23 AM
and remember the bucs already committed almost 10million for just this season to antonio bryant and just gave michael clayton 25 million so besides us there really is no team looking for what coles has to offer at around a price he is obviously ok with (or we wouldnt be the only known team linked to him cause he would have turned down a bad offer if it wasnt sufficient)

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 10:24 AM
10:47 AM: Alright.. Updates are going to be less frequent today. For one, I’m busy working on some Non-NFL stuff (sorry). For another, I don’t have the easy access to a contact I’ve had over the past three days, so info won’t come as freely. I’ll still try to update as much as I can when I can find out some tidbits, and if anything breaks hopefully I will be able to get all over it.<o:p></o:p>
Real quick regarding Coles.. The feeling is don’t expect any decision until after TJ signs. Obviously, if you’re a Bills fan who wants Coles, you’d like to see TJ back in Cinci. If TJ signs with <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:place></st1:state>, Cinci is definitely in the mix. If TJ goes back to Cinci, and Coles still isn’t a Bill today, then we have some major problems.<o:p></o:p>
And this is another tidbit. Chris Brown commented on his Bills Blog this morning about my Waters report yesterday. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/02/brian-waters-a-trade-target/ (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/02/brian-waters-a-trade-target/)<o:p></o:p>
Rather normal Brown comments. Talks the usual Bills politics, about how the trade would be hard to put together, and money, etc etc.<o:p></o:p>
Funny though.. He’s the Bills guy, and the one thing he did NOT do is refute the report that the Bills are interested.<o:p></o:p>

also pat, i have been around this forum for years now and its good to see one of our own getting some recognition man! good for you!

Oaf
03-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Agreed.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 10:36 AM
11:33PM: I just had an exchange with a writer from the Buffalo News. He said that if the Bills land Coles, that it would be their biggest free agent signing and they’d be almost done, with the exception of maybe one or two more low-key signings. That of course if true, would squash any chance of landing a Jermaine Phillips or Sean Jones alongside Donte Whitner.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I also think it could be a reason why we’ve been unable to get any news (to this point) regarding potential new visits. I thought for sure the Coles saga would come to a conclusion today, and it still might. But from what I’m hearing now Coles is in no rush to make a decision, and as of now the Bills haven’t placed any deadline on him to accept or decline an offer.<o:p></o:p>

realdealryan
03-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Rotoworld is reporting that Housh flew home last night, so I'm guessing that no decision is imminent. Which would mean that LC will wait. And so the board waits.........

Forward_Lateral
03-02-2009, 10:43 AM
What the hell are the Bills going to do about the LG spot?

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 10:44 AM
This bothers me to be honest, why are we sitting and waiting on one guy? Let's at least bring in other players for visits, we cannot let Coles hold us hostage because he wants to wait on the TJ thing to play out.

yordad
03-02-2009, 10:45 AM
This is Bryant Johnson all over again. Give him a deadline, and move on.

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 10:51 AM
What the hell are the Bills going to do about the LG spot?

I guess draft a replacement...

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 10:58 AM
I guess draft a replacement...
I'm 100% sold on Brian Waters based on two things.

1- I 100% trust my source that said the Bills are interested.

2- Chris Brown did nothing to flat out refute it in his Bills Blog this morning regarding my story. If it was off-base he'd deny it.

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm 100% sold on Brian Waters based on two things.

1- I 100% trust my source that said the Bills are interested.

2- Chris Brown did nothing to flat out refute it in his Bills Blog this morning regarding my story. If it was off-base he'd deny it.

Bills may be interested, but why would the Chiefs be? And at what cost? Im not denying you or the source but a lot still needs to happen before I consider it a realistic option at this point.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 11:02 AM
12:00 PM- The Bills have no free agent visits scheduled for today, per a report.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Bills may be interested, but why would the Chiefs be? And at what cost? Im not denying you or the source but a lot still needs to happen before I consider it a realistic option at this point.
He doesnt want to be there, and could become a distraction.. We saw our OL falter when Peters was a distraction.

I dont know how realistic it actually is, but I know the Bills are interested in him.

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 11:04 AM
He doesnt want to be there, and could become a distraction.. We saw our OL falter when Peters was a distraction.

I dont know how realistic it actually is, but I know the Bills are interested in him.

Is that a confirmed report of Walters saying that though? Im all for speculation and rumors, but until things are confirmed I can't rely on them as actual fact or anticipate our future based on those.

clumping platelets
03-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Chiefs are rebuliding. New coaching staff/FO. That alone makes it a possibility

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Is that a confirmed report of Walters saying that though? Im all for speculation and rumors, but until things are confirmed I can't rely on them as actual fact or anticipate our future based on those.
From the KC Star, Here are a few excerpts.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Link: http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/1057650.html (http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/1057650.html)<o:p></o:p>
Chiefs Pro Bowl guard Brian Waters asked the organization Thursday to release or trade him this offseason, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.<o:p></o:p>
Waters asked for his release two days after a brief meeting with new head coach Todd Haley and after being told by first-time general manager Scott Pioli that he had no interest in meeting with Waters, the source said.<o:p></o:p>
Waters, according to the source, was offended and shocked by what he perceived to be the arrogance of Haley and Pioli. Waters’ meeting with Haley and follow-up phone conversations confirmed in the nine-year vet’s mind that the negative reports about Haley he heard from Arizona Cardinals players while at the Pro Bowl were accurate, according to the source.<o:p></o:p>
The Cardinals players told Waters and tight end Tony Gonzalez that Haley, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Arizona</st1:place></st1:State>’s offensive coordinator, was aloof, condescending and ignored by veterans, the source said. Anquan Boldin, Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald Jr. — <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Arizona</st1:place></st1:State>’s offensive stars — were all members of the NFC Pro Bowl team.<o:p></o:p>
Waters’ dissatisfaction is surprising given his reputation as a locker-room leader and his dedication to the organization. Waters is heavily involved in charitable activity in the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kansas City</st1:place></st1:City> community and was a finalist for the NFL’s 2008 Man of the Year Award.<o:p></o:p>

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 11:15 AM
11:33PM: I just had an exchange with a writer from the Buffalo News. He said that if the Bills land Coles, that it would be their biggest free agent signing and they’d be almost done, with the exception of maybe one or two more low-key signings. That of course if true, would squash any chance of landing a Jermaine Phillips or Sean Jones alongside Donte Whitner.<o:p></o:p>
I also think it could be a reason why we’ve been unable to get any news (to this point) regarding potential new visits. I thought for sure the Coles saga would come to a conclusion today, and it still might. But from what I’m hearing now Coles is in no rush to make a decision, and as of now the Bills haven’t placed any deadline on him to accept or decline an offer.<o:p></o:p>

i believe you and have zero reason to doubt you but man that would be disappointing. i mean we still have a glaring need on the o-line, pass rush and LB depth. no way we bring in a cheap guy that can actually help the pass rush. even a guy like paul spicer (old but a decent 4-3 D end would cost 3 million a year) no i am sure we can get a cato june or marlon greenwood reasonably cheap but no way we fill our O-Line position or get a reasonable pass rusher on the cheap. i just pray they do not reach for a pass rush at 11 and expect him to be the guy that turns around our pass rush because on guy isnt going to fix it.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Wow man.. This piece is picking up steam everywhere. Some <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kansas City</st1:place></st1:City> boards got a hold of it too.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/3/1/776728/report-bills-interested-in (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/3/1/776728/report-bills-interested-in)<o:p></o:p>
This is my top priority right now. I am digging around and I want to try and find out if we’ve made any offers regarding Waters (I reported interest) and I am also going to do some research and contact some people in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kansas City</st1:place></st1:City>.<o:p></o:p>
I’ll say this though. It’s not easy to get to Brain Waters. Because like I said yesterday, I learned that Brian Waters is represented by.. Brian Waters.<o:p></o:p>

clumping platelets
03-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Kelsay and a draft choice for Waters and Gonzo :nod:

Mahdi
03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Kelsay and a draft choice for Waters and Gonzo :nod:
Got a feeling Pioli wont trade a pro-bowl guard to the Bills. He just got a franchise QB and a Pro-bowl OLB from the Pats for a 2nd round pick (favor). Does anyone really think he will go ahead and give a division rival of the Pats one of the best Guards in the league?

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 11:49 AM
12:47PM: I’m hearing whispers that JP Losman may be headed to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City>, but I want to get more complete and accurate information before anything like that gets reported.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

ddaryl
03-02-2009, 11:56 AM
11:33PM: I just had an exchange with a writer from the Buffalo News. He said that if the Bills land Coles, that it would be their biggest free agent signing and they’d be almost done, with the exception of maybe one or two more low-key signings. That of course if true, would squash any chance of landing a Jermaine Phillips or Sean Jones alongside Donte Whitner.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

this horrifies me.

Spend the friggin money dumbasses and get us the best of whats left in here.

psubills62
03-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm kind of surprised that they'd consider signing Coles essentially the end of what they want to do in FA. There's no way we can fill all those holes in the draft...unless they're that confident they can trade down and get more picks or something.

Lone Stranger
03-02-2009, 12:28 PM
A disturbing trend to wait on Coles while there may be other FAs who we could use. There are other holes to plug; it would seem practical to devote our attentions there. Unless the Bills have been rebuffed by other potential FAs, which might be the case.....disturbing.

mysticsoto
03-02-2009, 12:29 PM
This bothers me to be honest, why are we sitting and waiting on one guy? Let's at least bring in other players for visits, we cannot let Coles hold us hostage because he wants to wait on the TJ thing to play out.

I agree completely...you gotta push him or else he's just going to hold out forever! What about bringing in Amani Toomer. Yeah, he's 34, but he's experienced and 6'3". He's starting to slow down, but we don't need a speedster - that's Evan's position. In the last 2 yrs he still averaged over 12 yds a catch. I'd say he might push Coles to think about signing soon...

trapezeus
03-02-2009, 12:30 PM
12:47PM: I’m hearing whispers that JP Losman may be headed to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City>, but I want to get more complete and accurate information before anything like that gets reported.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

is this just to make cutler feel a whole lot better that he is indeed their man. No one signs losman, especially a former patriot coach, unless they are trying to show their starter that they are sorry for mentioning him in trade talks.

EDS
03-02-2009, 12:38 PM
this horrifies me.

Spend the friggin money dumbasses and get us the best of whats left in here.

I have to agree. If Coles is all the Bills can do this off-season then the team is in trouble - particularly along the offensive line with a now gaping hole at left guard.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
1:53PM: Man, slow day so far with the Bills and the league in general. I got Nothing!!!! Hopefully some good stuff comes about later today.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

HHURRICANE
03-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Sounds like Coles would rather play in Russia than Buffalo.

How sad is it that he'll accept any other bid.

Griz78
03-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I think the economy is a factor also. Just like anything, the top wants get all the initial cash and now the middle tier players will get medium contracts to scraps.

topher180
03-02-2009, 01:25 PM

Sad but true.

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 01:28 PM

i dont think it is that as much as it is buffalo gave him a offer and a deadline and he is just trying to use the deadline to his advantage as leverage to try to get a couple more million out of us or some other team. he knows this is probably his last contract so i dont think he cares if it is the raiders he just wants as much money as possible.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 01:40 PM
I do not believe there is a deadline. I believe the Bills have a timeframe after which they will move on, but I do not think they have given Coles any hard-line stance on a deadline. In fact, I’m willing to bet they aren’t.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I think that other article was either worded improperly, or is wrong all together. The Bills want Coles badly and they have been willing to wait for an answer. Of course, there will come a time, and maybe soon that if he doesn’t sign we will move on and take the offer off the table, but there isn’t a hard deadline, at least from everything I’ve been told.<o:p></o:p>
I still predict we’re going to sign him regardless, and if TJ chooses the Bengals, which I’ve heard is an extremely realistic possibility, then I think the deal could be done today.<o:p></o:p>

Slim
03-02-2009, 01:41 PM
I do not believe there is a deadline. I believe the Bills have a timeframe after which they will move on, but I do not think they have given Coles any hard-line stance on a deadline. In fact, I’m willing to bet they aren’t.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I think that other article was either worded improperly, or is wrong all together. The Bills want Coles badly and they have been willing to wait for an answer. Of course, there will come a time, and maybe soon that if he doesn’t sign we will move on and take the offer off the table, but there isn’t a hard deadline, at least from everything I’ve been told.<o:p></o:p>
I still predict we’re going to sign him regardless, and if TJ chooses the Bengals, which I’ve heard is an extremely realistic possibility, then I think the deal could be done today.<o:p></o:p>

What's the timeframe you're hearing for TJ?

Mr. Pink
03-02-2009, 01:44 PM

Are you hearing anything rumored on contract details? Any hypothetical numbers tossed about?

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 01:45 PM

profootballtalk.com just reported that his decision is coming today

Mudflap1
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM
is this just to make cutler feel a whole lot better that he is indeed their man. No one signs losman, especially a former patriot coach, unless they are trying to show their starter that they are sorry for mentioning him in trade talks.

:rofl:

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 01:51 PM
UPDATE 2:49PM: I just got a message, and it says that the Bengals are looking like the choice for TJ “Hous”. The deal they believe is for five years.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Two questions:

Is Coles waiting on TJ to see if the Bengals or Vikes would be interested if they lose out...

Or...

Is Coles waiting on Housh to set the standard by which his new demands may stem from?

WeAreArthurMoates
03-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Im guessing he's waiting to see what housh gets. Both are around the same age but Housh is better. If housh get say 9 mil. then Coles most def will be looking for 8 mil but I don't see TJ getting that loot.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Two questions:

Is Coles waiting on TJ to see if the Bengals or Vikes would be interested if they lose out...

Or...

Is Coles waiting on Housh to set the standard by which his new demands may stem from?
While I dont have any source on this.

I will go ahead and say ABSOLUTELY to part one and very likely to part two.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 02:16 PM
This will be Cole’s last “big” contract, so I’m sure he’s getting the best deal he possibly can, and I’m certain that guaranteed money and signing bonus are the two big factors. He knows its now or never, which is why he left $6 million on the table with the Jets to become a free agent.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
It’s real simple for the Bills. If they covet him the way I’m hearing they do, they are going to have to outspend a team if necessary to get it done. To my knowledge, no other team besides Cinci has shown any interest, and that will end if TJ is back there. I’m just not ready to count on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Seattle</st1:City> or <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State> as players.<o:p></o:p>
I don’t know what the Bills are offering, but perhaps if they up their offer right now, it will get done.<o:p></o:p>

Michael82
03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
This will be Cole’s last “big” contract, so I’m sure he’s getting the best deal he possibly can, and I’m certain that guaranteed money and signing bonus are the two big factors. He knows its now or never, which is why he left $6 million on the table with the Jets to become a free agent.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
It’s real simple for the Bills. If they covet him the way I’m hearing they do, they are going to have to outspend a team if necessary to get it done. To my knowledge, no other team besides Cinci has shown any interest, and that will end if TJ is back there. I’m just not ready to count on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Seattle</st1:City> or <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State> as players.<o:p></o:p>
I don’t know what the Bills are offering, but perhaps if they up their offer right now, it will get done.<o:p></o:p>

what are they waiting for? I hope the waiting game that they are doing doesn't end up screwing us.... :ill:

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Just today, like we're all hearing.

But I have a feeling the decision is already made, and just not announced yet.. and I have no proof, but I think he's going back to Cinci.

psubills62
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
what are they waiting for? I hope the waiting game that they are doing doesn't end up screwing us.... :ill:

I would bet at this point the Bills are also waiting to see who else will be major players for Coles. If they don't have to try and outbid anyone, why bother increasing the contract size now? If they're willing to try and outbid someone, they can certainly let Coles know that when he's visiting other teams.

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Just today, like we're all hearing.

But I have a feeling the decision is already made, and just not announced yet.. and I have no proof, but I think he's going back to Cinci.

i agree, chad johnson and him have been best friends since they went to college together and him and palmer are tight, not too mention the amount of success he has had there. i would think if they paid him the same as another team he wouldnt leave, he just wants to get paid, not leave cinci.

Michael82
03-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I would bet at this point the Bills are also waiting to see who else will be major players for Coles. If they don't have to try and outbid anyone, why bother increasing the contract size now? If they're willing to try and outbid someone, they can certainly let Coles know that when he's visiting other teams.
I think that you are giving to much credit to the morons in our front office. :ill:

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 02:25 PM
3:24PM: I came across this in the NY Daily news, from Rich Cimini’s blog. Cimini is very close to Coles.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I don't think former Jets WR Laveranues Coles is getting as much action as he expected on the free-agent market. The Dolphins aren't interested, according to the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> Herald. The Bills want him, maybe the Bengals, but no other teams have stepped up - at least none that we know about. The Jets are monitoring the situation, although I think it's a longshot that he returns.”<o:p></o:p>
While I agree its very unlikely he goes back to NY, I’m surprised to hear they are even monitoring him. .That’s the first I’ve heard of this.<o:p></o:p>

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2009, 02:28 PM

If he has an offer, it is not the Bills waiting.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
3:30: I got two interviews lined up this week for scout.com. One is with Donte Whitner. The other is Rob Rang. He’s the senior analyst over at Nfldraftscout.com. I’m really looking forward to a conversation with him. He’s a very credible draft coverage writer, and was at the combine at Indy.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
If he has an offer, it is not the Bills waiting.
he absolutely, positively has an offer. .I've just been unable to find out the terms. But i'm a trillion percent certain we've made him an offer, at least one.

Tatonka
03-02-2009, 02:38 PM
i think it would be awesome if the bills went after TJ and coles was left holding his junk.

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 02:47 PM
3:30: I got two interviews lined up this week for scout.com. One is with Donte Whitner. The other is Rob Rang. He’s the senior analyst over at Nfldraftscout.com. I’m really looking forward to a conversation with him. He’s a very credible draft coverage writer, and was at the combine at Indy.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Rang is good, actually one of the best whose name people don't know. Im surprised he can do the interview given their deal with CBS sports on draft info. Make sure you ask him some good questions not the usual BS stuff these guys get about 40 times and crap like that. Go more indepth.

Griz78
03-02-2009, 02:57 PM
You should ask him what TEs can jump in and start on day 1.
As well as OG.

Ickybaluky
03-02-2009, 03:07 PM
It is pretty obvious Coles hasn't signed because he mis-read the market. He walked away from $6M guaranteed with the Jets to get a crack at the FA market. However, now that he is out there, he sees teams aren't willing to invest big money in a guy his age.

So, he is waiting. He may even get a new agent, considering the guy that let him walk away from that guaranteed money looks like he was wrong right now.

psubills62
03-02-2009, 03:10 PM
It is pretty obvious Coles hasn't signed because he mis-read the market. He walked away from $6M guaranteed with the Jets to get a crack at the FA market. However, now that he is out there, he sees teams aren't willing to invest big money in a guy his age.

So, he is waiting. He may even get a new agent, considering the guy that let him walk away from that guaranteed money looks like he was wrong right now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a bit of a Jason Brown situation, where teams want him, but not at his asking price. And the one team that will overpay is one of the few teams he doesn't want to go to (the Bills). We'll see, I'm really hoping he ends up signing with the Bills, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Forward_Lateral
03-02-2009, 03:15 PM
As well as OG.

Guarantee he says Pettigrew. :ill:

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 03:19 PM
As well as OG.

No don't do that, I can give you those names if you want them. At least the ones in my opinion. I want more in depth analysis. Like what does he think of Crabtree's trasitional skills to the NFL based on him playing in a wide open Texas Tech offense that allowed him to wander and didn't rely on percise routes, like he will be asked to run in the NFL.

As a follow up (depending on his answer) does he think that him not working out for scouts so that they can get a 10 yd split, 20 yd shuttle, and 3 cone drill time will also affect his status, since a lot of WR's games relies on percise routes, agility and acceleration in order to create seperation on crossing routes and deep?

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 04:01 PM
5:00 PM: WTF, did this team take Monday off? What I mean by that is I literally and figuratively haven’t been able to hear a single worthwhile thing today, and I’ve had someone in close all day!!! Either something is going on very quietly, or the front office is just “chillin” today. This sucks. I need a bone man.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

yordad
03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
This sucks. I need a bone man.<o:p></o:p> What is a "bone man"? Is that like a voodoo doctor?

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
5:00 PM: WTF, did this team take Monday off? What I mean by that is I literally and figuratively haven’t been able to hear a single worthwhile thing today, and I’ve had someone in close all day!!! Either something is going on very quietly, or the front office is just “chillin” today. This sucks. I need a bone man.<o:p></o:p>

i here ya man, i thought we would at least get a couple visits in today. i definately never thought we would do nothing at all today.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 04:09 PM
5:05PM- Finally something, sorta. Jeez. I’ve just been told that the Bengals have offered the most money for TJ “Who’s Your Mercenary” and he’s still giving the competition one more chance to beat it. Translation= suck every penny out imagine. I’m sure this will be public shortly. And as you could imagine, the Bills have great interest in the outcome, and are obviously hoping he goes back to Cinci.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I expect him to be signed somewhere by 8pm ET, and I expect it to be Cinci-- though he is obviously giving Seattle and Minny a chance to beat an offer that's allegedly currently highest by the Bungles. So nothing with this situation would surprise me.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 04:21 PM
alright im gone til at least 6:30, so if anything good happens later hopefully I'll be back.

Actually, by 6:30 maybe we'll know TJ's destination so other things can start to fall into place.

homeslice5484
03-02-2009, 04:23 PM
i cant take this anymore! lol

X-Era
03-02-2009, 04:23 PM
5:05PM- Finally something, sorta. Jeez. I’ve just been told that the Bengals have offered the most money for TJ “Who’s Your Mercenary” and he’s still giving the competition one more chance to beat it. Translation= suck every penny out imagine. I’m sure this will be public shortly. And as you could imagine, the Bills have great interest in the outcome, and are obviously hoping he goes back to Cinci.<o:p></o:p>

I expect him to be signed somewhere by 8pm ET, and I expect it to be Cinci-- though he is obviously giving Seattle and Minny a chance to beat an offer that's allegedly currently highest by the Bungles. So nothing with this situation would surprise me.

I want you to know, I really appreciate your level of dedication this weekend and even now... Your a credit to your proffesion.. just dont go Carruci on us. Man, what the hell happened to that guy? I used to be a huge fan when he would stop by on the Empire Sports Network, now hes really gone down hill.

Anways, nice job man, nice job.

:clap:

:posrep:

scartown
03-02-2009, 04:43 PM
The National Football Post is reporting TJ will sign with the Seahawks.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/03/breaking-housh-headed-to-seattle/

homeslice5484
03-02-2009, 04:59 PM
saw that, UGH!

mikemac2001
03-02-2009, 05:01 PM
TJ called me a hippie was hoping we would get him

homeslice5484
03-02-2009, 05:11 PM
that hurts us with coles doesn't it?

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 05:11 PM
actually i see this as the best scenario, cinci isnt going to out bid us for coles. the biggest reason they wanted him is because he is from there system and highly productive in it, and a fan favorite. they are not going to just pay coles to have another expensive receiver to match up with chads 8 million a year. they will lick there wounds and probably play there 2nd year guys.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-02-2009, 05:19 PM
11:33PM: I just had an exchange with a writer from the Buffalo News. He said that if the Bills land Coles, that it would be their biggest free agent signing and they’d be almost done, with the exception of maybe one or two more low-key signings. That of course if true, would squash any chance of landing a Jermaine Phillips or Sean Jones alongside Donte Whitner.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The Bills obviously have identified a # 2 WR as their top need that has to be filled in free agency--if they can get a guy like Coles to fill that need.

They have two young WRs in Hardy and St.Johnson, but probably feel that neither will be ready to start and take the pressure off of Evans right from the beginning of the season. Coles will.

For his part, Coles wants to get the most he can and is willing to wait to see if he can get more than has been offered. The Bills won't pressure him to make a decision to satisfy their impatient fans if they feel that they have a chance to get Coles. If they feel that they don't or that he doesn't want to be a Bill, they will move on. But, at least so far, they haven't.

Don't expect them to bid against themselves to sign Coles when there is little indication that there are teams out there that will offer him more than they are offering. He may be the best option still out there for them, but he isn't the only one.

i believe you and have zero reason to doubt you but man that would be disappointing. i mean we still have a glaring need on the o-line, pass rush and LB depth. no way we bring in a cheap guy that can actually help the pass rush. even a guy like paul spicer (old but a decent 4-3 D end would cost 3 million a year) no i am sure we can get a cato june or marlon greenwood reasonably cheap but no way we fill our O-Line position or get a reasonable pass rusher on the cheap. i just pray they do not reach for a pass rush at 11 and expect him to be the guy that turns around our pass rush because on guy isnt going to fix it.

1.) There are no real pass rushers out there. Paul Spicer--are you kidding? At his age, Spicer is good for 4-6 sacks, tops, for 1-2 years. With the 11th pick in the draft the Bills are in position to draft one of the top 3 pass rushers in the draft--all of whom have the potential to match that total as a rookie and surpass it as as time goes on.

The Bills are going to figure that they can get better production out of a rookie DE and C.Ellis--who they will expect to come back stronger and much better in his second season--both in the short- and long-term than they will get out of a Spicer-type FA

2.) Unless they trade for Waters, the Bills will fill their need for a LG with one of those "one or two low-key signings" that Pat mentioned in his post: Kendall Simmons, Goff, C.Carlisle, etc. Any one of those three could give the Bills at least as good, if not better, play than Dockery did last season, but all would qualify as "low-key signings".

The Bills know that they have a hole at LG that they have to fill. And, they are going to fill it. But, any of the free agent guards that they sign to fill that hole will be a "low-key" free agent.

And, if they truly are interested in Waters and think that they have a chance to trade for him, they are not going to go out and give the money that they could use to make Waters happy to one of the free agent guards. They are going to wait and see if they can get Waters first. Especially since teams have not exactly been beating down the doors to sign the free agent offensive linemen (there are still some pretty good OTs out there in free agency as well).

Keep in mind that, if the Bills do make a run at Waters, it will take some time to get a deal done. As has been pointed out, negotiating a deal with KC, which has just made a very favorable arrangement with the Pats (could an unwritten part of that deal be that KC not trade certain players to other AFC East teams?--it wouldn't be the first time that such plausibly deniable understandings have been part of trades in NFL history) could take a considerable amount of time. So could negotiating a new deal/extension for Waters--who will undoubtedly want one: the Bills aren't going to make a trade for Waters without knowing that he will want to come to Buffalo (think what they had to do to satisfy Marcus Stroud last offseason).

The fact that the Bills haven't run out and immediately signed someone to fill their need at LG does not mean that they won't do so before the draft. But, why should they spend money on someone who might be their second choice to fill that hole before finding out if they can get a guy that they think would be better?

3.) Having tendered K.Ellison, OLB is obviously a lower priority that the Bills feel that they can address after they have filled some of the other holes that they have to fill. They know that they are not going to be any worse at the position than they were last year and, with nobody really beating the doors down to sign the likes of D.Brooks, M.Peterson, C.June and F.Keiaho, they probably figure that they may be able to pick up an upgrade later in free agency, again, as one of those "low-key signings".

4.) I agree with Pat that, if the Bills ante up for Coles, they are probably not going to spend a lot to bring in a J.Phillips, let alone a S.Jones (who they may not feel is a fit in their system).

Safety is a position that they would probably like to upgrade, but don't see as a top priority. And, really, if you look at their roster, it shouldn't be a top priority: the team has far too many other much more pressing needs. An upgrade would be nice, but isn't absolutely necessary--there are other positions where the need is dire.

5.) The Bills' approach to free agency shouldn't be surprising to anyone. They are not going to sign a DE, pass catching TE, or too many interior offensive linemen because there wasn't much quality depth at those positions in this free agent class and these happen to be positions where there is quality and, in the latter two instances, depth in the draft class.

As many have anticipated, the Bills are going to address their needs at these positions by drafting a DE--probably in Round 1--a TE (possibly in Round 2, no later than Round 3), and an interior lineman (possibly a center who can also play OG or one of the top OGs in Round 2, if they can get one of the best ones on their board, or Round 3). It doesn't take a genius to figure out that that is how the Bills are going to address their needs at those positions.

If they can get a Coles to be their # 2 WR, they will sign a cheap, blocking TE (which is pretty much all that is left in free agency) to work with D.Fine and D.Schouman in 2 TE sets until the rookie that they draft is ready to step in and will go with Evans, Coles and Reed in three WR sets and add Parrish or Johnson for 4 WR sets (unless Hardy recovers quickly and takes a big step up in his route-running, which could happen but they aren't counting on).

5.) Like a number of other teams, including the Pats, Indy, SD, etc., the Bills are obviously looking a the offseason and free agency as a marathon and not the sprint that a lot of the fans here expect it to be.

I know that a lot of you want something to hang your hat on and are upset that the Bills haven't rushed out and brought in every big-name player on your free agency scorecard. But, unless your team has only one or two holes and you think that one big-name signing or two can push your team over the top, a good approach to free agency is more like playing poker than blackjack. Just like buying a house, you have to be willing to walk away from a player if you can't get him at the right price.

If they haven't dropped already, the price for a lot of the free agents still out there is going to drop in the next few days and continuing on into the next few weeks. At this point, there really isn't a whole lot of difference between a lot of the players who are still out there in free agency (in a few cases, yes, but not really at a lot of positions).

And, if you have been paying attention, there have been a lot of teams--a LOT--that have prefered to spend their money on resigning their own players or making trades than spending tons of money on free agents. Yes, the top few players (most of whom weren't fits for the Bills) got gobs of cash from a handful of teams, most with immediate SB aspirations. But, there haven't been a lot of teams throwing a ton of money around this year.

A lot of teams are making one or two big moves (if that) and concentrating on "low-key signings". A lot--including the Pats, who have had a lot of visitors, but not a lot of signings, despite the fact that they are SB favorites--haven't done much of anything at all and seem to be waiting for the prices to come down before signing free agents. Many are focusing on re-signing their own players. Which, in bringing back a lot of their role-players and making offers to Greer and talking contract with Peters, is what the Bills have been trying to do as well.

Other than Greer--a slightly above average CB, as attested to by the interest and offers that he has gotten in free agency--the Bills haven't lost anybody that will be greatly missed this offseason: Dockery? A big name because of the big contract who never played up to the money the Bills gave him and was no better than the guys the Bills are looking to replace him with. Crowell? The Bills didn't like his lack of discipline and weren't going to bring him back even before he opted for surgery after the preseason last year. Royal? A guy who never blossomed. Fowler? Couldn't even keep Preston from taking his starting spot. Preston? Got four years and every opportunity in the book and couldn't cut it. JP Losman? All the physical talent in the world, but utterly lacking in the poise needed to produce under pressure in the NFL. Other than Greer, who the Bills are still trying to get back, and maybe Dockery, we're not talking about much here.

The Bills don't have to do much to replace the players they are losing with guys who can do at least as good, if not a whole lot better. Hangartner might not have been able to win a starting job in Carolina, but he showed a whole lot more in the starts that he got than Fowler or Preston. Fitzpatrick may not be better than some of the older back-up QBs out there, but he actually has shown some improvement (not much to be sure) in his career, which is more than the other young free agent QBs (Orlovsky, Losman, Boller) have.

The Bills don't have to make a lot of big signings to be better than they were last season. They need to fill a number of roster spots with players who are better than the ones that they had and lock up the young players that they have got who show that they can actually be top quality players in the NFL, like Peters. And, they can still do that with one solid signing, perhaps a solid acquistion through trade (as in Waters), and some "low-key" signings.

Now, that's not going to make a lot of fans happy--especially the ones who think that the Bills should make a big splash every year in free agency. But, it is obviously the way that they are going to approach things this offseason and may be the most prudent thing to do.

PS: Mike Francesa was just talking on WFAN and YES in NYC about how most teams have to go into the season with some question-marks and that it is unrealistic to expect a team not to have question-marks. That what teams need to do in the offseason is try to address the holes in their roster. Pretty much what I have been trying to get across in my posts--only using fewer words and a lot more vocal sarcasm.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 05:31 PM
5:05PM- Finally something, sorta. Jeez. I’ve just been told that the Bengals have offered the most money for TJ “Who’s Your Mercenary” and he’s still giving the competition one more chance to beat it. Translation= suck every penny out imagine. I’m sure this will be public shortly. And as you could imagine, the Bills have great interest in the outcome, and are obviously hoping he goes back to Cinci.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Yep. TJ to the Hawk's.
Dont know what this will do with Cinci.

X-Era
03-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Yep. TJ to the Hawk's.
Dont know what this will do with Cinci.

I just made the post... hes headed to Cinnci on Tuesday

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Im just getting home literally now.
So I have no clue whats up.. This is all brand new to me.

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Son of a *****!

camelcowboy
03-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Coles doesn't want to come here, f-him.

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
LifetimeBillsFan (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=3936)
i dont know how much of that post was directed at me, but i was stating that even a guy on paul spicers (a older vet that is serviceable) level would cost 3 million a year and you wouldnt get that production out of him. and seriously i dont know how much you watch college football, but EVERY one of the top pass rushers coming out have HUGE problems as far as playing in an NFL 4-3 goes. even though maybin put on 15 pounds he isnt big enough or pollished enough, orakpo (who i like but not at 11) is known very well to be lazy(he seems to be the work out worry vernon gholston of this draft). and everett brown is said to transition better as a outside pass rusher in a 3-4. there is no pass rusher that you can draft at 11 and he is not a "bigger than usuall" risk. there is no mario williams or even terrell suggs in this draft that you know when you draft, at worst your getting an 8 sack a year guy. i agree about the LB position as i said. i believe we will fill it in free agency and agree with the guys you stated, that there will be someone there later in the week after we either get coles or move on. also i agree about simmons (they obviously like the guy, they flew him in for a physical) i think he is our backup plan to a possible brian waters trade.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 05:58 PM
I really need to dig and try to find what the Bills offered COles.

Finding the dollar amount will be near impossible, but I should be able to find out the years.

And btw, as of 6:30pm, the Bills haven't announced any visitors for tomorrow either.

X-Era
03-02-2009, 05:59 PM
I really need to dig and try to find what the Bills offered COles.

Finding the dollar amount will be near impossible, but I should be able to find out the years.

And btw, as of 6:30pm, the Bills haven't announced any visitors for tomorrow either.

Think Marvin Harrisons phone will ring?

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 06:01 PM
If Coles signs with Cinci? Absolutely it will ring.

Will he answer? I dont know.

X-Era
03-02-2009, 06:02 PM

Im kind of pissed.

I just cant understand why our luck is so bad.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Why would anyone have any interest in Marvin Harrison at this point?

He's old, his knees are shot and now his character isn't what it used to be.

I don't see what he brings to the table anymore in terms of on field skills.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 06:04 PM
I think there is a very short list of teams Harrison would play for at this stage of his career.. And that is 100% my opinion and I dont know that for a fact.

I said a few days ago that Marvin Harrison would be on the Bills list should they not land Coles.. That, per my report is a fact.

What' also a fact is I've heard several people say recently that Harrison just flat-out doesnt love the game of football anymore and he's not a very happy person in general.

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I dont see what value Harrison adds to our team to be honest. Id call San Diego about seeing if you can get Malcom Floyd for a 4th and 2010 conditional. He's young, big and has good hands.

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Why would anyone have any interest in Marvin Harrison at this point?

He's old, his knees are shot and now his character isn't what it used to be.

I don't see what he brings to the table anymore in terms of on field skills.
Because (and now draftboy has my concious about reporting vs opinion) he would be a stop gap to give Hardy and/or Johnson another year to develop.

Personally, if it were me, I would rather have Toomer short term before Harrison (opinion)

But I was told that if Coles signed elsewhere we would be putting a call out to Harrison (not opinion)

But I dont think he'd be interested in coming here (opinion, a strong one)

Confused like I just confused myself?

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
And no Tom, my source isn't Clip Smith!

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I dont see what value Harrison adds to our team to be honest. Id call San Diego about seeing if you can get Malcom Floyd for a 4th and 2010 conditional. He's young, big and has good hands.
The only way I'm trading a draft pick in the first four rounds is for a OL like Waters or a TE like Sheffler, if I were the GM anyway.

Goin by the way we're starting off this FA period, we're going to need all our draft picks,and then some.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Because (and now draftboy has my concious about reporting vs opinion) he would be a stop gap to give Hardy and/or Johnson another year to develop.

Personally, if it were me, I would rather have Toomer short term before Harrison (opinion)

But I was told that if Coles signed elsewhere we would be putting a call out to Harrison (not opinion)

But I dont think he'd be interested in coming here (opinion, a strong one)

Confused like I just confused myself?

Not confused.

I've also heard that Harrison's love for the game wasn't what it once was either, but I didn't include that in my reasoning because it could be opinion.

I don't think a player of his stature would have any thought or want to come to a team who has zero shot of competing in the immediate future.

I also, obviously, don't think he has much ability left and would add next to zero for the team.

I agree a player like Toomer would be better to pursue at this time.

Dr. Lecter
Marvin Harrison and Marshawn Lynch should not be on the same team.

I agree Toomer before Harrison and I would see what it would take to get Floyd from the Chargers.

Mr. Pink
And no Tom, my source isn't Clip Smith!

I fired him!

patmoran2006
03-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Just wrong man..

Mr. Pink
03-02-2009, 06:11 PM
But, it's true.

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 06:16 PM
The only way I'm trading a draft pick in the first four rounds is for a OL like Waters or a TE like Sheffler, if I were the GM anyway.

Goin by the way we're starting off this FA period, we're going to need all our draft picks,and then some.

Walters maybe, Ill pass on Sheffler better TE's available in the draft. Sheffler is nothing special imo.

We need to gain more draft picks imo but landing a guy like Floyd could be a big get, the kid is ready to really come on at the big stage.

Luisito23
03-02-2009, 06:17 PM
I agree Toomer before Harrison

I disagree with whoever agrees that....They're both slow, and washed up, but if I had to choose one I would always take Harrison....I hope none of them come here though.

homeslice5484
03-02-2009, 06:18 PM
what about going after Toomer? I think id take him over harrison. Im done with Coles, move on. You mean to tell me there is no one else out there who can start and play consistant than Harrison and Coles?

What about Holt?

DraftBoy
03-02-2009, 06:20 PM
I disagree with whoever agrees that....They're both slow, and washed up, but if I had to choose one I would always take Harrison....I hope none of them come here though.

Toomer is a better team player and leader. That's why Id take him over Harrison.

homeslice5484
03-02-2009, 06:21 PM
what about Holt? Chris brown says he can prob be had for a 5th round pick

X-Era
03-02-2009, 06:21 PM
what about going after Toomer? I think id take him over harrison. Im done with Coles, move on. You mean to tell me there is no one else out there who can start and play consistant than Harrison and Coles?

What about Holt?

I just posted about Holt.

The guy is as durable as it gets and is 32. Hes got a few years left as a #2 for sure, add in that hes bigger than Coles and a better deep option... I like it.

X-Era
03-02-2009, 06:22 PM
what about Holt? Chris brown says he can prob be had for a 5th round pick
With Crhis talking about him, I have to believe hes on our radar.

The rmor is that they may just release Holt, so we may wait for that... I will check on his contract.

From Rotoworld:

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Rams are unlikely to find common ground with regard to restructuring Torry Holt and Orlando Pace's contracts.
There is increasing speculation that Holt will be cut. Pace also appears unlikely to return, but St. Louis should be able to get a draft pick for him. Holt is due a $1.25M roster bonus in mid-March and a decision will likely come before then. Other teams figure to wait it out to see if the Rams pay up.

The mid-march bonus may mean he gets cut just before that. Nothing may happen until he gets released. Why trade a pick when you may not have to.

Luisito23
03-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I just think Harrison is going to go out and prove many wrong, I'm not sure if he could do it, but they said the same about Rice.

acehole
03-02-2009, 06:26 PM

We have passed cici in places FA want to be....

This my friends would be a sad day...

If you were a FA WR would you want C Palmer throwing to you or T Edwards.

Honestly.

acehole
03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
We could move pace to guard and that will extend his NFL life.
I am not sure T Holt is the answer.

The rmor is that they may just release Holt, so we may wait for that... I will check on his contract.

From Rotoworld:

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Rams are unlikely to find common ground with regard to restructuring Torry Holt and Orlando Pace's contracts.
There is increasing speculation that Holt will be cut. Pace also appears unlikely to return, but St. Louis should be able to get a draft pick for him. Holt is due a $1.25M roster bonus in mid-March and a decision will likely come before then. Other teams figure to wait it out to see if the Rams pay up.

The mid-march bonus may mean he gets cut just before that. Nothing may happen until he gets released. Why trade a pick when you may not have to.

Saratoga Slim
03-02-2009, 07:02 PM
I just posted about Holt.

The guy is as durable as it gets and is 32. Hes got a few years left as a #2 for sure, add in that hes bigger than Coles and a better deep option... I like it.

I'd definately take Holt over Coles.

Saratoga Slim
03-02-2009, 07:06 PM

From Rotoworld:

If we are truly putting an emphasis on getting an upgrade at #2 WR, and Coles does not sign here, I'd trade a 5th to St. Louis in a heartbeat to avoid having bid for his services if and when he gets released. If Holt is released, I think there will be much broader interest and therefore a lesser chance that he chooses us.

X-Era
03-02-2009, 07:07 PM
If we are truly putting an emphasis on getting an upgrade at #2 WR, and Coles does not sign here, I'd trade a 5th to St. Louis in a heartbeat to avoid having bid for his services if and when he gets released. If Holt is released, I think there will be much broader interest and therefore a lesser chance that he chooses us.

:clap:

Unfortunately, for the Bills, this is the best way to compete.

homeslice5484
03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
GET HOLT, GET HOLT, GET HOLT any chance pat? Can you look into it?