• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

My Monday FA update thread.

10:47 AM: Alright.. Updates are going to be less frequent today. For one, I’m busy working on some Non-NFL stuff (sorry). For another, I don’t have the easy access to a contact I’ve had over the past three days, so info won’t come as freely. I’ll still try to update as much as I can when I can find out some tidbits, and if anything breaks hopefully I will be able to get all over it.

Real quick regarding Coles.. The feeling is don’t expect any decision until after TJ signs. Obviously, if you’re a Bills fan who wants Coles, you’d like to see TJ back in Cinci. If TJ signs with Minnesota, Cinci is definitely in the mix. If TJ goes back to Cinci, and Coles still isn’t a Bill today, then we have some major problems.

And this is another tidbit. Chris Brown commented on his Bills Blog this morning about my Waters report yesterday. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/02/brian-waters-a-trade-target/

Rather normal Brown comments. Talks the usual Bills politics, about how the trade would be hard to put together, and money, etc etc.

Funny though.. He’s the Bills guy, and the one thing he did NOT do is refute the report that the Bills are interested.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • WeAreArthurMoates
    • Feb 2009

Re: My Monday FA update thread.

Thanks Pat thanks for hooking us up at work. So basically, it all rests on TJ.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Not necessarily, but I’d say most likely yes.

Unless there is yet another team that is interested in Coles that nobody knows about. Regarding Coles, the only thing we know for sure is that right now Miami is NOT interested, and Buffalo has definitely made him an offer after his visit on Friday.

I know nothing about any timetable for him to accept or decline it, as of right now.
      Last edited by patmoran2006; 03-02-2009, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

My guess is Minnesota could get in the mix for Coles if they do not get TJ

Comment

• Lone Stranger
          • Sep 2002

I am confused; you said that Miami is interested. When did that revelation come to the front?

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by fmr60
            I am confused; you said that Miami is interested. When did that revelation come to the front?
            Typo.. fixed.. sorry about that.

Comment

• gggbills
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by don137
              My guess is Minnesota could get in the mix for Coles if they do not get TJ
              That is my thought as well. In fact if TJ does go back to Cincy, I would require Coles to sign the contract ASAP. If he does not, then you know his agent is calling the Vikings

Comment

• realdealryan
                realdealrex
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                10:47 AM: Alright.. Updates are going to be less frequent today. For one, I’m busy working on some Non-NFL stuff (sorry).
                Unacceptable lol

Regardless of how hard it would be to get the deal done, we've got to be discussing getting a veteran pro-bowler like Waters in here. Chris Brown has been AWOL on free agency developments, though, so it's surprising to see an opinion show up.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

one thing is for sure... no way he would want to go to cincy over us, they have ZERO offensive line, no running game and no defense (there not winning anything or even going to the playoffs this year). i think he knows he is going to sign with us but he wants to see if he can squeeze a million or 2 more out of us. if no teams have called yet then besides cincy no one is going to call. seattle already has alot of money invested in a small coles like receiver in deon branch and minnisota has rice and berrian which are both really good receivers and would pay another number 2 when they already have two number 2 receivers. i think its a matter of time until he signs, and trying to get another million or 2 out of us.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

and remember the bucs already committed almost 10million for just this season to antonio bryant and just gave michael clayton 25 million so besides us there really is no team looking for what coles has to offer at around a price he is obviously ok with (or we wouldnt be the only known team linked to him cause he would have turned down a bad offer if it wasnt sufficient)

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      10:47 AM: Alright.. Updates are going to be less frequent today. For one, I’m busy working on some Non-NFL stuff (sorry). For another, I don’t have the easy access to a contact I’ve had over the past three days, so info won’t come as freely. I’ll still try to update as much as I can when I can find out some tidbits, and if anything breaks hopefully I will be able to get all over it.

Real quick regarding Coles.. The feeling is don’t expect any decision until after TJ signs. Obviously, if you’re a Bills fan who wants Coles, you’d like to see TJ back in Cinci. If TJ signs with Minnesota, Cinci is definitely in the mix. If TJ goes back to Cinci, and Coles still isn’t a Bill today, then we have some major problems.

And this is another tidbit. Chris Brown commented on his Bills Blog this morning about my Waters report yesterday. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/02/brian-waters-a-trade-target/

Rather normal Brown comments. Talks the usual Bills politics, about how the trade would be hard to put together, and money, etc etc.

Funny though.. He’s the Bills guy, and the one thing he did NOT do is refute the report that the Bills are interested.
                      also pat, i have been around this forum for years now and its good to see one of our own getting some recognition man! good for you!

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

Agreed.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

11:33PM: I just had an exchange with a writer from the Buffalo News. He said that if the Bills land Coles, that it would be their biggest free agent signing and they’d be almost done, with the exception of maybe one or two more low-key signings. That of course if true, would squash any chance of landing a Jermaine Phillips or Sean Jones alongside Donte Whitner.

I also think it could be a reason why we’ve been unable to get any news (to this point) regarding potential new visits. I thought for sure the Coles saga would come to a conclusion today, and it still might. But from what I’m hearing now Coles is in no rush to make a decision, and as of now the Bills haven’t placed any deadline on him to accept or decline an offer.

Comment

• realdealryan
                            realdealrex
                            • Nov 2005

Rotoworld is reporting that Housh flew home last night, so I'm guessing that no decision is imminent. Which would mean that LC will wait. And so the board waits.........

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

What the hell are the Bills going to do about the LG spot?

Comment

Working...
                              X