PDA

View Full Version : A few FA Guards that would be upgrades...

Mahdi
03-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Here are a few names of Guards that would be upgrades for us from best option on..

#1. Cooper Carlisle - This guy is a great run blocker has good size and is excellent in zone blocking and locating defenders on the move.

#2. Matt Lehr - Another zone blocking guard who moves very well and gets to the second level. Lehr was a starter for the Falcons when they led the league in rushing in 2005.

#3. Kendall Simmons - He would be #2 on my list if it wasn't for injuries. Straight up Mauler type Guard. Mean.

#4. Mike Goff - Another power run blocker. Very strong at the point of attack. One of the reasons LT runs through massive holes every snap. Thing is he is 33, but probably has about 2 more years left in the tank.

Any of these players would be upgrades on the Bills line.

Mahdi
03-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Got a feeling either Lehr or Carlisle will sign with Seattle. With Mora in charge down there now and Greg Knapp joining him as the OC they will need to add a couple of linemen who excel in zone blocking.

Nighthawk
03-02-2009, 11:41 AM
My 3 year old daughter would be an upgrade for the Bills OL at this point. Why would an organization drop their starting guard if they weren't going to get somebody proven to replace him? Granted he didn't live up to the contract, but my God, why create another hole to fill?

Kenny
03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
My 3 year old daughter would be an upgrade for the Bills OL at this point. Why would an organization drop their starting guard if they weren't going to get somebody proven to replace him? Granted he didn't live up to the contract, but my God, why create another hole to fill?

$$$

Plain and simple. Ralph & Co. are extremely cheap bastards.

Tatonka
03-02-2009, 11:46 AM
waters would be the best option obviously, for the right price. followed by a healthy simmons.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2009, 12:34 PM
$$$

Plain and simple. Ralph & Co. are extremely cheap bastards.

Or they made a wise business decision to cut loose from a guy who was getting paid well over what he brought to the table.

Unfortunately these same people made the mistake of bringing this guy in to begin with.

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 12:38 PM
since it has been confirmed that simmons underwent a physical with us, i am pretty sure they are trying to work something out for waters and if it falls through simmons would be our fall back option. if they only since 2 players after coles it will be a guard and a LB probably. we have to have another LB no matter what if anything just for depth. even if we draft a LB in the first round we still need another vet for depth, i wouldnt think they would want to get in a situation again where they have to bring a safety down in the box to play linebacker cause they were not smart enough to have a vet on the roster.

ddaryl
03-02-2009, 12:38 PM
waters would be the best option obviously, for the right price. followed by a healthy simmons.

I take both for the win, and there is little reason for us not to...That is if we can trade for Waters using a low round pick. 32 year old G's aren't worth 2nd rd picks

Simmons can be had for a song, and it won't take much $$$, plus he will need much of 2009 to get his footing back after that surgery.

When he does come back our OL could be pretty damn strong

but as mentioned before this team just will not commit those resources to the team to make them a powerhouse

Mahdi
03-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I take both for the win, and there is little reason for us not to...That is if we can trade for Waters using a low round pick. 32 year old G's aren't worth 2nd rd picks

Simmons can be had for a song, and it won't take much $$$, plus he will need much of 2009 to get his footing back after that surgery.

When he does come back our OL could be pretty damn strong

but as mentioned before this team just will not commit those resources to the team to make them a powerhouse
I definitely wouldn't make a play for both Waters and Simmons because interior linemen are not hard to find in the draft. This year there are quite a few solid ones that will be available throughout the first 4 rounds.

We can draft Jonathan Luigs in the 3rd and play him at LG. Two Razorbacks side by side.