PDA

View Full Version : Per rotoworld, Cinci not trying hard for coles

Mitchell55
03-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Coles' decision to forgo a guaranteed $6 million salary in favor of getting his release isn't looking good at all so far. The 31-year-old has received light interest from the Bengals and only made one free agent visit

TacklingDummy
03-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Hopefully he signs elsewhere.

People broke my ball for wanting to trade for Chad Johnson who some say is in decline and had a down year. If so than wtf is Coles?

No thanks, the Bills don't need another midget at WR.

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Except he does not play like a "midget".

People break your balls for wanting to trade Lynch for Johnson, who is a locker room headache and big mouth glory hound.

Big difference.

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Hopefully he signs elsewhere.

People broke my ball for wanting to trade for Chad Johnson who some say is in decline and had a down year. If so than wtf is Coles?

No thanks, the Bills don't need another midget at WR.

i agree that his size is not what we should look for but hardy dropped half the balls thrown to him last year and steve johnson is still really young to depend on week in and week out. besides reed (who has zero speed at all) and evans, we really do not have another solid WR on the roster.

TacklingDummy
03-02-2009, 12:42 PM
People break your balls for wanting to trade Lynch for Johnson, who is a locker room headache and big mouth glory hound.

Big difference.

I've never said Lynch for Johnson that I recall.

Big difference is Johnson is a player teams defense against, Lynch is just another dime a dozen running back.

Johnson makes Evans, Edwards, Jackson, and Lynch better.

Coles will make them about the same as last year.

Mitchell55
03-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Coles, 11 out of last 13 TDs in redzone. Lynch is our best player, why trade him. He is also our best lockerroom guy. Coles also had 7 TDs last year, he is not declinning unlike Chad who had only 4 TDs. Only 2 more than hardy.

Mitchell55
03-02-2009, 12:46 PM

Big difference is Johnson is a player teams defense against, Lynch is just another dime a dozen running back.

Coles is better than Johnson now. All Johnson has is size.

TacklingDummy
03-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Except he does not play like a "midget".

How would you describe 22 Rec, 370 yards, 1 TD?

If he was worth a dime the Jets would have tried to keep him.

TacklingDummy
03-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Coles is better than Johnson now.

I've never made fun of your posts like everyone else does on here but this statement is funny. :lmao:

Mitchell55
03-02-2009, 12:47 PM

Whos stats are those? Defintley not Coles

Mski
03-02-2009, 12:48 PM

i disagree... coles will make the offense better... while he is not the reciever he once was, he is a guy with great hands, decent speed, and very physical... that being said, he is a faster version of josh reed(minus the blocking) who can go over the midle and strech the field @31 he is approaching the decline in his carreer, but he can still produce, and will force teams to respect him in coverage, freeing up evans

Mitchell55
03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
i disagree... coles will make the offense better... while he is not the reciever he once was, he is a guy with great hands, decent speed, and very physical... that being said, he is a faster version of josh reed(minus the blocking) who can go over the midle and strech the field @31 he is approaching the decline in his carreer, but he can still produce, and will force teams to respect him in coverage, freeing up evans

He did have one of his best seasons last year.

jimbohastle51
Coles, 11 out of last 13 TDs in redzone. Lynch is our best player, why trade him. He is also our best lockerroom guy. Coles also had 7 TDs last year, he is not declinning unlike Chad who had only 4 TDs. Only 2 more than hardy.

lynch is our best locker room guy?!?!? i know he is liked, but i dont think he is the "man" in the locker room.

Dr. Lecter

Huh?

http://www.nfl.com/players/laveranuescoles/careerstats?id=COL366580

Those are his stats form 2000 - his rookie year.

Last year was 70 Rec -850 yards -12.2 average -7 TDs

Mr. Pink
03-02-2009, 12:52 PM
I still think there is no way feasible we sign Coles.

A. He thinks he's worth 6 million a year still.

B. He probably wants to play for a contender.

C. He's a better WR than Lee Evans and we all know what he makes.

When you factor all of this in, you're probably looking at at least 8.5 mil per season to get it done here.

I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell we bring him in.

topher180
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Great. So the Bills will get a WR by proxy, only because no one else wants him.

The Coles move, if it even happens, is less and less appealing.

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I've never made fun of your posts like everyone else does on here but this statement is funny. :lmao:

Your's is kinda funny too.

Mitchell55
03-02-2009, 12:55 PM

When you factor all of this in, you're probably looking at at least 8.5 mil per season to get it done here.

This is why your in negetives.

Mitchell55
03-02-2009, 12:56 PM

Look at his stats and hes being single covered.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2009, 12:57 PM
This is why your in negetives.

*you're
*the negative

You're welcome!

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2009, 12:57 PM
At this point of his career, Coles is not better than Evans.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2009, 12:58 PM
At this point of his career, Coles is not better than Evans.

How so?

Coles is a more polished all around WR than Evans will ever be.

mysticsoto
03-02-2009, 01:20 PM

And yet, we are the only team that has pursued him. Miami needs a #1 WR which he is not. Cincy looks like they'll get TJ back and Minn isn't going to want to overspend when they paid alot for Berrian last year. In all likelihood, he either signs with us, or goes back to the Jets with his tail between his legs...

bigbub2352
03-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Any WR that can score 1 TD is better than any WRs on our roster besides Evans
The people out there that think Coles wouldnt help this enimic offense is scary wrong
our WRs suck Coles is better than Reed, Parrish, Hardy and Johnson both rookies so i reserve judgement on them, Jenkins is a bum
So that equals upgrade which is what we need
give him 5.5 mil a yr for 4 yrs

Mitchell55
03-02-2009, 01:27 PM
The people out there that think Coles wouldnt help this enimic offense is scary wrong
our WRs suck Coles is better than Reed, Parrish, Hardy and Johnson both rookies so i reserve judgement on them, Jenkins is a bum

Honestly we cant say Jenkins is a bum when hes never been tested at WR

ct bills fan
03-02-2009, 01:31 PM
No way in the world Coles is a better receiver than Evans right now. That's the funniest thing I've read today.

jimbohastle51
03-02-2009, 01:32 PM

it will probably be a 2 year deal around 10 million and some of it will be incentives based on starts, receptions, snaps played and such.

Mitchell55
03-02-2009, 01:36 PM
it will probably be a 2 year deal around 10 million and some of it will be incentives based on starts, receptions, snaps played and such.

Id say 3 yrs, 18.5 million and 6 million guarenteed.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
How is Coles not a better WR than Evans?

He has just as much speed, just as much size, better route runner, better hands, can be a possession wr or field stretcher, not too mention is about 10x more physical than Evans.

I'm actual hoping the Bills do sign Coles just to watch him put up better numbers than Evans will. Why? Just on the fact that Coles is more physical will allow him to get open more and not be invisible for entire games.

Who had more catches last year? Coles. Who had more TDs last year? Coles.

But yeah, Lee Evans is better than Coles is...only in Bills fans minds.

justasportsfan
03-02-2009, 01:42 PM

yup you wanted that cancer CJ fpr Peters and you kept contradicting yourself.

bigbub2352
03-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Sounds good better than what we got is all i am saying

justasportsfan
03-02-2009, 01:50 PM
How is Coles not a better WR than Evans?

He has just as much speed, just as much size, better route runner, better hands, can be a possession wr or field stretcher, not too mention is about 10x more physical than Evans.

I'm actual hoping the Bills do sign Coles just to watch him put up better numbers than Evans will. Why? Just on the fact that Coles is more physical will allow him to get open more and not be invisible for entire games.

Who had more catches last year? Coles. Who had more TDs last year? Coles.

But yeah, Lee Evans is better than Coles is...only in Bills fans minds.
thats because the jets had Mangini and Farve vs. the bills' Jauron and Trent . Even the blind can see the jets will win that match up.

TacklingDummy
03-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Those are his stats form 2000 - his rookie year.

Last year was 70 Rec -850 yards -12.2 average -7 TDs

Read his stats backwards. :up:

Those stats. are better and may be worth signing him. I'd still rather have CJ or someone taller though.

I've never been a big Coles fan.

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2009, 01:57 PM
We all think you are usually backwards, TD.........

The good news though is that he does not play like your typical 5'11" guy.

3 years, 20 million with 8.5 guaranteed!

Mr. Pink
03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
thats because the jets had Mangini and Farve vs. the bills' Jauron and Trent . Even the blind can see the jets will win that match up.

Coles had Cotchery opposite him who actually caught 1 more pass on the year than him. 70 to 71.

Evans had what? Josh Reed's 56 catches behind him...with only 63 catches for himself.

522 pass attempts in total for Favre. 479 pass attempts in total for Losman/Edwards.

After that Lynch and Jones both had the same amount of catches.

Point is, the Jets receing corps is obviously much stronger than ours and they have a TE, Dustin Keller, who actually made an impact unlike Royal. Plus their back caught just as many passes. So the Jet offense has more people to spread the ball around to and Coles still outperformed Evans.

I've used this example before but Kevin Johnson, the number 1 WR for the expansion Browns, put up similiar numbers to what Evans has done.

When you're basically the only true weapon you should shine head and shoulders above those around you...Evans doesn't do that.

And if Coles were to come here, he'd put up better numbers than what Evans does. Why? He's a more polished WR in general.