PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else worried that this is like the Bryant Johnson situation last year?

Michael82
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
The Buffalo Bills really wanted a veteran receiver and our choice appeared to be Bryant Johnson. So they gave him an offer and then waited around, meanwhile other good FAs and WRs were scooped up. I'm just worried that if the TJ thing gets done today and he goes to the Bengals, that the Seahawks and the Vikings are going to pursue Coles and take him away from us. We'd then be left sitting there at the alter. What would be the next step? Would we try to convince Marvin Harrison to come over? Or what?

yordad
03-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Yes. Same thing. Hopefully they learned there lesson and set a time/date to recind the offer.

User Manuel
03-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Maybe that is a good thing Mikey. Johnson was HORRIBLE last year.

That being said i wanted him as bad as anyone.

I don't get a good feel about the whole Coles being a Bill thing. It just doesn't seem right. Sort of like Thurman as a Dolphin.

Tatonka
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
i think coles comes here as a last option. but i dont really care.

Michael82
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Yes. Same thing. Hopefully they learned there lesson and set a time/date to recind the offer.

Exactly! If pat is right (and his track record gives me no reason to suggest otherwise), then they are going about this the wrong way. If they let that offer sit on the table forever, they are going to lose our on other players that they need to make the team better or at least fill holes.

circlethewagons
03-02-2009, 02:45 PM
It does have a lot of parallels to bryant johnson from last year. Personally I have a feeling that once TJ gets signed, some other team that was interested is going to go after coles and out bid us. i guess we'll have to see though.