PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent signings per team

Yasgur's Farm
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
I was just having a look at each teams free agents signings (from other teams) thus far. Here are a few interesting facts.

1) 50 signings so far
2) 1.56 signings is the average per team.
3) 10 teams have signed 0.
4) 8 teams have signed 1.
5) Buffalo is currently tied for 8th most with 2 signings.
6) Jets have signed 3.
7) Pats have signed 2.
8) Dolphins have signed 1.

See for yourselves... (http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#players-tab-set-1:players-grid-container-team/players-list-dropdown-team:team-ari) Relax and enjoy the ride!

cocamide
03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Wow, a logical, level-headed post. Am I in the right place?

ddaryl
03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
are we a playoff contender right now ???

hell no..

we have major holes but the lack of players coming for a visit is extremly alarming... The fact that we could sing Peters, Coles, Fitzpatrick and still have 20 million left to burn in cash to cap is alarming

there are players out there that would make this team better but we are supposed to be patient... Inactivity at OBD screams way to loud and clear that this franchise is not going to do much more... Why can't they give Phillips or Bernard a call.. What about June or one of the other OLB's or are they waiting for Crowell to come begging back ???

I lost my ability to be level headed when the Bills missed the playoffs for the 10th + year and then kept Jauron, I need to see the Bills just go out and get players in here... We just have to many needs for us to be playing the hunt for a bargain and find the diamond n the rough game

Yasgur's Farm
03-02-2009, 02:48 PM
This is the 4th freakin day of free agency... still months to go.

And for the 10th+ season of no playoffs... It was the 9th. I know it's not a huge difference, but the exaggerations seem to pile on each other around here.

Ickybaluky
03-02-2009, 03:03 PM
To tell the real story, FA's re-signed and players lost should be factored in.

theanswer74
03-02-2009, 03:06 PM
are we a playoff contender right now ???

hell no..

we have major holes but the lack of players coming for a visit is extremly alarming... The fact that we could sing Peters, Coles, Fitzpatrick and still have 20 million left to burn in cash to cap is alarming

there are players out there that would make this team better but we are supposed to be patient... Inactivity at OBD screams way to loud and clear that this franchise is not going to do much more... Why can't they give Phillips or Bernard a call.. What about June or one of the other OLB's or are they waiting for Crowell to come begging back ???

I lost my ability to be level headed when the Bills missed the playoffs for the 10th + year and then kept Jauron, I need to see the Bills just go out and get players in here... We just have to many needs for us to be playing the hunt for a bargain and find the diamond n the rough game

I think only 5 non playoff teams have signed ore than 1 player this offseason. Buffalo is one of the them. KC made trades, which we have tried in the past.

Free agency has proven over the years to not be a way to get better. You have to draft well.

EDS
03-02-2009, 03:21 PM
I think only 5 non playoff teams have signed ore than 1 player this offseason. Buffalo is one of the them. KC made trades, which we have tried in the past.

Free agency has proven over the years to not be a way to get better. You have to draft well.

The problem is the Bills have not drafted well and do not resign their own players. Bills have developed guys like Greer and Crowell into solid players but they don't resign them. Then when you factor in replacing previous bad signings (Dockery, Royal and Fowler) and bad draft picks (Preston, JP) you tend to have a greater need to fill holes, at least temporarily, through free agency.

ddaryl
03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
well you can add the NYG to the more then 2 list

The New York Giants gave new defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan some reinforcements along the line, signing free agents Rocky Bernard and Chris Canty on Sunday. Bernard signed what is believed to be a four-year, $16 million deal on Saturday night, hours after the Giants signed former Atlanta Falcons linebacker Michael Boley.

billogic99
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
The Dolphins have signed 6 FA's.

Barb
03-03-2009, 04:51 AM
The Dolphins have signed 6 FA's.

not true, we resigned 3 of our own guys and signed FA gibril wilson, joe berger and jake grove

so we resigned 3 and signed 3 FA, i hope kevin burnett is next, he weighing our offer still

LtFinFan66
03-03-2009, 04:53 AM
that's 6

Barb
03-03-2009, 05:17 AM
that's 6

well, since Free agency hasnīt begun when we resigned them, no its 3

LtFinFan66
03-03-2009, 05:23 AM
Well some will diagree with you. Technically 3 or 6 could be considered a correct answer

billogic99
03-03-2009, 09:09 AM
well, since Free agency hasn´t begun when we resigned them, no its 3

Doesn't matter that they were signed before FA began they were FA's, if they weren't signed before FA began they could have gone anywhere, bottom line they were still all FA's. I could understand you're point if they were like Peters and were extended, but they were't they all got shiny "NEW" contracts, with guaranteed money. Just like the rest of the FA's who signed after midnight on Friday. And actually the Dolphins also signed Cameron Wake, that would make 7 FA's.

Jeff1220
03-03-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm not normally an alarmist when it comes to this team. I usually take a wait and see approach, but I'm pretty much completely pi$$ed at the way FA has played out so far this year for the team. We're in day 5 now and this team has actually gotten worse.
With the unpopular retaention of Dick and Ralph's own words saying that the team needs more talent, I expect the team to come out and be a player for real players to fill the team's real holes. Hangartner might turn out to be a nice find, but history with that sort of signing by the Bills gives me absolutely no confidence in the move. Here are the facts:
Before FA, the Bills main holes - DE, C, OLB, TE, SS, BUQB, BUInteriorOL
After 5 days of FA - DE, OG, OLB, TE, SS, BUInteriorOL
They've signed a back-up QB and traded downgraded the OL (If you consider Dockery>Hangartner). The rest of the holes are still there. This team that the owner says hasn't got enough talent doesn't appear too concerned with upgrading it's 7-9 (with an easy schedule) team from last year.