PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci live 103.3 Edge Local radio Buffalo....

bigbub2352
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Vic Carrucci
Thinks Hangartner is an ok solid move, may have been the best Center available, he questions how many times in his past has he dealt with monster DTs in the AFC East
He talked to others around the league, he said that he is an average player and most teams dont let good Centers go away, he is also saying that Hangartner is smart and should help him, said from the Bills perspective he is an upgrade but everyone else will have to wait and see...

Thinks possible that Hangartner could move to Guard cause of the available talent in the Draft at Center is best in years

Bills should be looking to resign Peters to see what cap looks like after that...
needs to get contract situation out of the way to repair bad relationship with Front Office
Thinks the Bills will look in the 2nd and 3rd teir Free Agency to fill some other spots, for depth and competiion for the Guard position, also reitterated that the draft is strong in Tackles and Centers and not Guards

Caller called in : asked about Coles situation?
Vic: said we r going after him for experiance and playmaker skills, doesnt think he compliment Evans well, cause we already got the guys like him in Reed and Parrish, bottom line he doesnt think this is a player that we can live without, and Coles has 0 market right now, that only 1 team is going after him and that is us.

Miami defintly not a player, Bills came on radar and Coles thought this would enhance his market, and when Miami didnt show interest it backfired for Coles when we walked away form 6mil, all and all doesnt know if he will help Bills all that much

Talking about Cassell situation said Cheifs got a steal, and throwing in Vrabel is a bonus, he thinks Pioli did a good job and thinks he put the pressure on his former boss Belicheck to free up cap space and this allowed the deal to go thru, Belcheck wanted to get Cassell's contract off the books to sign saftey help....
Confirmed jay Cutler being upset with trade talk... Pioli wanted McDaiels and Cassel in KC and mad him mad that we went to Denver without interveiwing in KC so now he has just Cassell

No update with JP Losman, it is an ongoing joke with Vic and Shred and Regan
thats about it boys and girls....

Griz78
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I like Reed and Parrish but the difference is that Coles catches Touchdowns, they do not. Coles may also take some defensive pressure off of Evans, give him more one on one looks.

mchurchfie
03-02-2009, 03:49 PM
I saw Coles make a hell of a lot more meaningful plays last year than Reed or Parrish.

Goobylal
03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Vic Carrucci
Thinks Hangartner is an ok solid move, may have been the best Center available, he questions how many times in his past has he dealt with monster DTs in the AFC East
He talked to others around the league, he said that he is an average player and most teams dont let good Centers go away, he is also saying that Hangartner is smart and should help him, said from the Bills perspective he is an upgrade but everyone else will have to wait and see...
The Panthers have a good center in Ryan Kalil. So claiming that he's "average...because teams don't let good centers go away" is silly. Not to mention a lot of centers have "gone away" over the years.

Thinks possible that Hangartner could move to Guard cause of the available talent in the Draft at Center is best in years
Hangartner will play center in Buffalo. And the Bills will try to fill LG via FA with either Simmons, or a trade for Waters.

don137
03-02-2009, 04:53 PM
After watching him play many games for the Panthers I think Hangartner is better suited for guard. I would not be surprised to see them draft a center and play Hangartner their for one year and then move him to guard next year.

Don't Panic
03-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Hangartner will play center in Buffalo. And the Bills will try to fill LG via FA with either Simmons, or a trade for Waters.

I think we either fill it with a Simmons or Waters, or we shift him to guard and take a C in the first couple of rounds... which means we need to get a TE in FA.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-02-2009, 06:57 PM
I agree that Hangartner will probably start at center this season and the Bills will try to bring in either Waters or Simmons (or one of the other FA OGs) to play LG, even if they draft a center.

But, it will depend on who they draft and whether they get Waters or a healthy Simmons to play OG.

Right now I think the Bills are looking to draft a TE with their 2nd pick, but if somehow, miraculously, Alex Mack were to fall to them in the 2nd round (not likely), they would almost HAVE to take him. Mack and possibly Unger could potentially beat out Hangartner for the starting center job this season (both are that good). Which would push Hangartner back into the role that he had in Carolina if the Bills get Waters or Simmons.

If the Bills wait until Round 3 to draft a center and end up with Wood, Shipley, Luigs or Caldwell, Hangartner will likely start this season while the rookie develops. The Bills have shown some reluctance to start rookie O-linemen, so I doubt that they would let the rookie start this season, even if he is ready to do so by mid-season.

If the Bills can't trade for Waters or sign Simmons (or aren't convinced that he is healthy), they might try to find a way to insure that they can draft Mack (who was one of the first players they met with at The Combine) or Unger and hold off on signing a veteran free agent OG. In that case, they could move Hangartner to LG with the rookie starting at center and sign a versatile back-up interior lineman who can play both positions as a reserve.

I don't think that this is the way that they would want to go, since it could be very risky--especially for a coaching staff that knows that it has to win this season or they will be fired--but it could be the way that they may end up having to go if things don't go their way. It would be the worst case scenario for the fans and for the coaches, so I think that they will do this only if they can't sign a decent LG in free agency (given the guys that are out there and the lack of interest that they have generated, I think that they will be able to do this, though).

Even though I think that Hangartner will be at least as good as what the Bills got out of Fowler and Preston, I see him as being probably a one year starter (two at most) and then either being cut or ending up back in the same role that he had in Carolina. Now, he could surprise me and wind up developing into a solid, quality starter for years, but that's how I see things working out. The centers in this draft class are just too good and there are too many of them for the Bills to pass on taking one. And all of the top six centers in this draft class have the potential to be very good NFL players.

Mahdi
03-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I agree that Hangartner will probably start at center this season and the Bills will try to bring in either Waters or Simmons (or one of the other FA OGs) to play LG, even if they draft a center.

But, it will depend on who they draft and whether they get Waters or a healthy Simmons to play OG.

Right now I think the Bills are looking to draft a TE with their 2nd pick, but if somehow, miraculously, Alex Mack were to fall to them in the 2nd round (not likely), they would almost HAVE to take him. Mack and possibly Unger could potentially beat out Hangartner for the starting center job this season (both are that good). Which would push Hangartner back into the role that he had in Carolina if the Bills get Waters or Simmons.

If the Bills wait until Round 3 to draft a center and end up with Wood, Shipley, Luigs or Caldwell, Hangartner will likely start this season while the rookie develops. The Bills have shown some reluctance to start rookie O-linemen, so I doubt that they would let the rookie start this season, even if he is ready to do so by mid-season.

If the Bills can't trade for Waters or sign Simmons (or aren't convinced that he is healthy), they might try to find a way to insure that they can draft Mack (who was one of the first players they met with at The Combine) or Unger and hold off on signing a veteran free agent OG. In that case, they could move Hangartner to LG with the rookie starting at center and sign a versatile back-up interior lineman who can play both positions as a reserve.

I don't think that this is the way that they would want to go, since it could be very risky--especially for a coaching staff that knows that it has to win this season or they will be fired--but it could be the way that they may end up having to go if things don't go their way. It would be the worst case scenario for the fans and for the coaches, so I think that they will do this only if they can't sign a decent LG in free agency (given the guys that are out there and the lack of interest that they have generated, I think that they will be able to do this, though).

Even though I think that Hangartner will be at least as good as what the Bills got out of Fowler and Preston, I see him as being probably a one year starter (two at most) and then either being cut or ending up back in the same role that he had in Carolina. Now, he could surprise me and wind up developing into a solid, quality starter for years, but that's how I see things working out. The centers in this draft class are just too good and there are too many of them for the Bills to pass on taking one. And all of the top six centers in this draft class have the potential to be very good NFL players.
The thing about the Centers in this draft is that many of them can play Guard as well. A guy like Luigs can be moved to LG for us right away.

justasportsfan
03-02-2009, 10:49 PM
I saw Coles make a hell of a lot more meaningful plays last year than Reed or Parrish.
watch his nos. drop once he comes here. Nobody wants to come here the minute they realize our OC was nothing more than a qb coach who didn't produce any great qb's.

If Coles can still go deep, he's better off going somewhere else. This team is blackhole for players with talent. Ask Gonzo.

Goobylal
03-03-2009, 06:44 AM
watch his nos. drop once he comes here. Nobody wants to come here the minute they realize our OC was nothing more than a qb coach who didn't produce any great qb's.

If Coles can still go deep, he's better off going somewhere else. This team is blackhole for players with talent. Ask Gonzo.
Unfortunately for Gonzo, so are the Chefs now.

Mahdi
03-03-2009, 06:47 AM
Unfortunately for Gonzo, so are the Chefs now.
Unless something drastic happens... the Chefs offense will be better than ours.

DraftBoy
03-03-2009, 07:06 AM

I dont think the Bills are targeting a TE that highly right now. I think our first three picks are going to be a WR, DE, and LB. OBD has made it clear that #2 WR is their top priority and they have acknowledged issues with the pass rush and defense as a whole. If the draft was tomorrow I see the first 5 rounds for the Bills going something like;

1. WR Jeremy Maclin
2. LB Clay Matthews
3. DE Lawrence Sidbury Jr
4. TE James Casey
5. OC AQ Shipley

Mahdi
03-03-2009, 07:19 AM
I dont think the Bills are targeting a TE that highly right now. I think our first three picks are going to be a WR, DE, and LB. OBD has made it clear that #2 WR is their top priority and they have acknowledged issues with the pass rush and defense as a whole. If the draft was tomorrow I see the first 5 rounds for the Bills going something like;

1. WR Jeremy Maclin
2. LB Clay Matthews
3. DE Lawrence Sidbury Jr
4. TE James Casey
5. OC AQ Shipley
Sidbury is an interesting prospect and I would be all for taking him in the 3rd round provided we take another DE in the first.

Don't agree with a first round WR. WRs can be had later in the draft. I think the Bills were just being opportunists with the Coles interest. He was available and at the right price, why not.

Clay Mathews and Casey are also solid picks.

I would rather see....

1. Michael Johnson

2. Jared Cook

3. Lawrence Sidbury (dont think he will last till the 3rd)

4. Louis Murphy

DraftBoy
03-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Sidbury is an interesting prospect and I would be all for taking him in the 3rd round provided we take another DE in the first.

Don't agree with a first round WR. WRs can be had later in the draft. I think the Bills were just being opportunists with the Coles interest. He was available and at the right price, why not.

Clay Mathews and Casey are also solid picks.

I would rather see....

1. Michael Johnson

2. Jared Cook

3. Lawrence Sidbury (dont think he will last till the 3rd)

4. Louis Murphy

I dont see Johnson as a top 15 pick right now. He had an average combine, and needs to have a really good pro day to really improve to that high. I dont see any DE worth the #11 pick that is currently slated to be there.

Cook is and interesting pick but we badly need an OLB and your draft doesnt account for that. Also it provides no interior OL depth. Granted you did not do a 5th round so maybe you go one of those positions there.

But I do like Murphy though. Good size and speed and is underrated coming out of Florida.

Mahdi
03-03-2009, 07:32 AM
I dont see Johnson as a top 15 pick right now. He had an average combine, and needs to have a really good pro day to really improve to that high. I dont see any DE worth the #11 pick that is currently slated to be there.

Cook is and interesting pick but we badly need an OLB and your draft doesnt account for that. Also it provides no interior OL depth. Granted you did not do a 5th round so maybe you go one of those positions there.

But I do like Murphy though. Good size and speed and is underrated coming out of Florida.
All the NFLN guys at the combine felt Michael Johnson tore it up. They dedicated an entire segment talking about how well he did for himself. He came in at a good weight and he ran well. They also said he looked extremely smooth in all the drills.

The Spaz
03-03-2009, 07:35 AM
All the NFLN guys at the combine felt Michael Johnson tore it up. They dedicated an entire segment talking about how well he did for himself. He came in at a good weight and he ran well. They also said he looked extremely smooth in all the drills.

You can't question Johnson athleticism but the guy is the biggest enigma as far as his intensity and "want to".

DraftBoy
03-03-2009, 07:36 AM

That's not a good combine for him thought thats what he's supposed to do. The guy is an athletic freak, he was expected to do well. So that's not a great showing for him. I know he ran slower than he wanted to and got less reps on the bench than he wanted. This guy is a gym rat and full expected himself to be the biggest, strongest, and fastest DE there. Anything else was a disappointment. He didnt do bad and he helped stabilize his falling stock but I dont see how he improved that much.

Mahdi
03-03-2009, 07:54 AM
That's not a good combine for him thought thats what he's supposed to do. The guy is an athletic freak, he was expected to do well. So that's not a great showing for him. I know he ran slower than he wanted to and got less reps on the bench than he wanted. This guy is a gym rat and full expected himself to be the biggest, strongest, and fastest DE there. Anything else was a disappointment. He didnt do bad and he helped stabilize his falling stock but I dont see how he improved that much.
I dont think anyone expected him to be the biggest or the strongest... He doesn't have a thick build and he has very long arms to expecting him to lift high reps isn't realistic. His quality is his speed, instincts and body control. You can be a gym rat without being the strongest or biggest. He probably has like 5% body fat or something ridiculous like that.

DraftBoy
03-03-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm just telling you what he expected of himself. I think he had a decent combine but he didn't blow me away and I don't think he even did his best.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-03-2009, 02:23 PM
There was a DE--one likely to be available in the second round--who DID tear it up at The Combine--at least in terms of what people were expecting of him: Connor Barwin of Cincinnatti.

He was a pretty productive player in college, but a lot of what I heard questioned his athleticism (as did I). He showed a lot more overall athleticism at The Combine than I think a lot of people thought that he had.

I'm not saying that I would like the Bills to take him (I hope they can do better), but he reminds me a lot of Aaron Schobel. He could end up being a lot more productive player in the NFL than some of the guys that people have rated a lot higher going into the draft.

Cincinnatti had some pretty good players on their defense this past season. Barwin and Mickens. Their MLB and FS. And, a OLB named Smith who probably will be a late middle round pick and might be a fit for the Bills (a bit on the smallish side, but very fast).