PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Thomas 'can't stomach' the Bills

Ickybaluky
03-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Thurman Thomas doesn't sound happy.

LINK (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-6-10/Thurman-Thomas--can-t-stomach--the-Bills.html)

"The team I can't stomach the most when I watch them is probably the Buffalo Bills," Thomas said. "I'm serious. They stink."

The Spaz
03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
He speaks the truth...:(

raphael120
03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Im sorry but I think he feels like most of the Bills fans out there who are still Bills fans these days.

circlethewagons
03-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Saw this posted on Tim Grahms blog

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-6-10/Thurman-Thomas--can-t-stomach--the-Bills.html

Thurman Thomas isn't talking proud about his Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf) anymore.
The Hall of Fame running back, speaking at a fundraiser this weekend in Corning, N.Y., sounded quite ashamed (http://www.the-leader.com/homepage/x844649585) of what's been going on with his old team.
Corning Leader reporter John Zick covered the event, during which Thomas fielded questions from the 100 or so folks in attendance.
"The team I can't stomach the most when I watch them is probably the Buffalo Bills," Thomas said. "I'm serious. They stink."

:sadwalk:

raphael120
03-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Just want to know how many people you know who have given up rooting for the Bills? I know quite a few of my friends and family who have stopped torturing themselves and wasting their time watching and spending money on the Bills.

I'd say I know about 5 people off the top of my head. How about you guys?

circlethewagons
03-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Oops NE beat me too it..

The Spaz
03-02-2009, 07:39 PM
If you are a Bills fan you don't give up you just stop hoping...:(

The Juice Is Loose
03-02-2009, 07:49 PM
whats thurman thomas got to do with this?

Nighthawk
03-02-2009, 07:56 PM
He's right and the organization is pathetic.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-02-2009, 07:56 PM
i know right wh is his name even on this thread?

jpdex12
03-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Well, to hear something like that coming from a former Bills Great and Hall of Famer is a wake up call to anyone of you that isn't pissed and still relies on false hope for this team. I'm sick of defending this team when someone is bashing them. I don't plame all of it on the talent or players either. To a certain degree you have to perform as coached but I strongly believe that the old attache of "it all starts at the top" is spot on.
I am clueless right now as to what in the hell this owner and FO are doing. If this were a stock holder owned publicly traded corporation, none of these half wit idiots would hold even janitorial jobs for this team.
I am to the point of just sitting back and watching like some 90 year old on the verge of death sitting in my rocker staring at a blank wall for hours on end. Just plain sad. I'm ready for change no matter what the cost is.

LABillsFan
03-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Me

don137
03-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I could not ever stop rooting for them however I stopped buying Bills merchandise and canceled the NFL ticket (I will go to a Bills bar and watch). I will not spend any more money until I feel the Bills want to win.

Bulldog
03-02-2009, 08:20 PM
I guess Thurman isn't a real fan/sarcasm. This franchise is pathetic!

Slim
03-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Thurman says alot of stuff tongue and cheek. This team does suck and i beleive him when he says that. But the rest is just Thurman having fun.

The last buffalo fan
03-02-2009, 08:25 PM
:bf1:

don137
03-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Can you blame the guy....There is a reason why they have not made the playoffs in 10 years....Everyone is unhappy with the state of the Bills.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Well, to hear something like that coming from a former Bills Great and Hall of Famer is a wake up call to anyone of you that isn't pissed and still relies on false hope for this team. I'm sick of defending this team when someone is bashing them. I don't plame all of it on the talent or players either. To a certain degree you have to perform as coached but I strongly believe that the old attache of "it all starts at the top" is spot on.
I am clueless right now as to what in the hell this owner and FO are doing. If this were a stock holder owned publicly traded corporation, none of these half wit idiots would hold even janitorial jobs for this team.
I am to the point of just sitting back and watching like some 90 year old on the verge of death sitting in my rocker staring at a blank wall for hours on end. Just plain sad. I'm ready for change no matter what the cost is.
No matter what the cost huh???Well if this team gets moved im glad someone will be happy.

billsfanone
03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I agree with Thurman.

raphael120
03-02-2009, 08:52 PM

LINK (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-6-10/Thurman-Thomas--can-t-stomach--the-Bills.html)

Quote:
"The team I can't stomach the most when I watch them is probably the Buffalo Bills," Thomas said. "I'm serious. They stink." -Thurman Thomas

jpdex12
03-02-2009, 09:14 PM
No matter what the cost huh???Well if this team gets moved im glad someone will be happy.

Honestly, if this pathetic product of a team is what we have to root for every year what is there to look forward to? We are getting as bad as the Lions. Yes, we've been to the playoffs and super bowl more than they have in the last 25 years but in the last ten years we are neck and neck with them in the sucking department! Because the Cards made the playoffs this year the Bills and Lions are the only two teams left in the last 9 years that have not been to the playoffs.

trapezeus
03-02-2009, 09:19 PM
thurman speaks his mind...you got to appreciate that.

BillsWin
03-02-2009, 09:23 PM
He's right. We suck. It is SICKENING to watch this franchise.

sdbillsfan2
03-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Hard to argue with the truth ! Today's Bills aren't even close to the Bills we all remember with "PRIDE"

sdbillsfan2
03-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Pure vintage Thurman .......He's see's the hole and slams and dances his way through it. Maybe Ralph will start listening to other HoF alum. I wish more Bills Vets would speak up !

SquishDaFish
03-02-2009, 09:40 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=171069

tat2dmike77
03-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I guess Thurman isn't a real fan/sarcasm. This franchise is pathetic!

Saying the team sucks is one thing. Sayin you are not going too be a fan anymore because the offseason did not go the way you wanted it too is anther.

kelly2reed4six
03-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Who can blame the guy?? He has sat by and watched this ridiculous franchise ruin any sort of positive legacy that he, Kelly, Smith, Reed, and many of the others created in this team when they were so good! We ARE the new detroit lions of the NFL.....and finally someone respected by the organization has grown the balls to call them out on it!

Michael82
03-03-2009, 12:39 AM
I'm a Bills fan. I may be aggravated and pissed off, but I won't give up on the team. That doesn't sound like a true fan. :ill:

jamze132
03-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Thomas is just as aggrevated as we are and what he says is under the microscope more than any of our comments. Everyone of us has said they suck, can't do **** right, can't stomach them, etc. sometime is the last 3 years. I know I have but it doesn't make me any less of a fan. I still watch and suppor them regardless.

Buddo
03-03-2009, 03:39 AM
I've got a feeling that Thurman could, if he so wished, seriously think about suing for that article. There would appear to be quite a few people around who actually were there, who aren't too impressed with what is being reported as said. For sure Thurman isn't happy about a number of aspects of the Bills atm, but there's an awful lot of paraphrasing, and missing off the end, or beginning, of things that were said, to sensationalise what he did say.
I've lost a lot of respect for Graham over this - for all he may have inside info on many things Bills related, he doesn't have a great deal of journalistic integrity.

shelby
03-03-2009, 04:07 AM

Night Train
03-03-2009, 05:20 AM
" Get in my belly ! "

Jan Reimers
03-03-2009, 05:28 AM
I only know of a few on here who seem to have truly quit on the Bills. Most Bills fans I know are like me - they're down on the team right now, but they haven't given up.

zone
03-03-2009, 06:45 AM
0, you never stop rooting for you team no matter how bad they suck.

Isn't Thurman Thomas a Dolphin anyhow? He's been a traitor for a long time.

DraftBoy
03-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Thurman is free to his own opinion, but it will be a cold day in hell before I put any value into it. He's never been the smartest man in the world. I respect him for what he did for this franchise but former players don't come out and blast the teams that made them who they are. Truth or not, I just lost some respect for Thurman.

ddaryl
03-03-2009, 07:25 AM
he's as frustrated as rest of us.. and for the same obvious reason

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-03-2009, 07:37 AM
To answer the question, it is 0.0.

trapezeus
03-03-2009, 08:33 AM
i guess thurman wouldn't exactly be "a player's coach" since he vocally expresses anger and frustration.

not that i'm looking for thurman to be coach, but i would like a coach who knew how to get angry from time to time and demand better.

i know i am going into 2009 with absolutely no expectations. I will not complain when they lose, because i just don't care with the roster they seem to be assembling. A bunch of other teams duke prestons and JP losmans coached by arguably one of the worst current NFL coaches in the league right now. And then they refuse to change the front office.

I wish someone would do the math for Ralph and show him that if you spend a lot of front office GM and coach, the rest of the players seem to be willing to take paycuts. He's spend the same in the end, but he'd at least have a winner.

raphael120
03-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Just because you know people who gave up doesn't make you a lesser fan. It seems most people might be hesitant to admit people have lost interest and stopped paying attention to the Bills.

Typ0
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Honestly, my interest level is about 15% of what it was a decade ago. Ten years ago I lived for the NFL and was a Bills season ticket holder. Today, I'm barely concerned about even missing a game on TV. It's not just the Bills being pathetic. The NFL has also done things to dwindle my interest. Go ahead and attack my fandom but I'm not going to be an enabler. When the NFL cleans up their act & the Bills make the committment they should be making to the WNY community I'll get real excited again.

Bert102176
03-03-2009, 01:59 PM
I agree whole heartedly Ralph wilson hhas drug this organization into the ground he needs to sell the team or die so it goes to someone else, as rutheless as it sounds live by the sword die by the sword ralph was once a great owner had a great fo and coaching staff the he became senile or something and now has killed this organization