Drayton Florence remains in talks with Bills....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Drayton Florence remains in talks with Bills....

IF FLORENCE RETURNS, CROMARTIE GOES ON THE BLOCK
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2009, 9:49 p.m.
    At a time when the football world is waiting for an indication as to whether the San Diego Chargers will attempt to trade running back LaDainian Tomlinson, the Chargers could be plotting another move.

According to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, cornerback Antonio Cromartie will be placed on the block if the team manages to re-sign cornerback Drayton Florence, a free agency departure a year ago.

Cromartie, a first-round pick in 2006 whose stock dropped after he suffered a torn ACL in July of what would have been his final year at Florida State, is signed through 2010.

The concern is that Cromatie’s production slid after a solid 2007 season (he won the first PFT Darrell Green Award) that prompted the team to let Florence walk via free agency to the Jaguars.

It remains to be seen whether the Chargers swap out Cromartie for Florence; we’re told that Florence remains in talks with the Chargers and the Bills.

Find all of the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Drayton Florence remains in talks with Bills....

Can this guy play safety? I dont see why we need another corner

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

two 2nd year players, and McGee is a pending FA.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

IMO, not a pressing need...we NEED to address other positions.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          two 2nd year players, and McGee is a pending FA.
          I am more than fine with Leodis,Corner, Mcgee, Youboty.

Can Florence play Safety?

I would rather address another guard, TE, and OLB.

Comment

• DBrown77
            Watching the Bills suck since 1999
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

and we may, most likely 3rd tier guys. Except for TE as there is not a good enough one available. save TE for the draft

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Im glad you are but its apparent the Bills FO is not I guess. Though at this point Id put more stock into your talent eval skills than Brandon and Co.

There was talk of maybe moving him to FS but I dont see it myself. He doesnt have great size or speed. Just average really.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• homeslice5484
                • Jul 2008

we could still keep greer.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Im glad you are but its apparent the Bills FO is not I guess. Though at this point Id put more stock into your talent eval skills than Brandon and Co.

There was talk of maybe moving him to FS but I dont see it myself. He doesnt have great size or speed. Just average really.
                  Ok another question. Do you feel he could or would be a better FS than Simpson?

If so I could be ok with it. He could play FS and be insurance at Corner as well.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Ok another question. Do you feel he could or would be a better FS than Simpson?

If so I could be ok with it. He could play FS and be insurance at Corner as well.
                    Eh, he's got decent cover skills, his tackling skills are sub par. I think he'd be an improvement but probably only because Simpson was that bad, not because he's much better.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Eh, he's got decent cover skills, his tackling skills are sub par. I think he'd be an improvement but probably only because Simpson was that bad, not because he's much better.
                      an upgrade is an upgrade I guess.

Hey what about TEs in the draft?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

an upgrade is an upgrade I guess.

Hey what about TEs in the draft?
                        Deep and athletic. I can name 7 TE's who can come in and start from Day 1 for us, imo. That's including Pettigrew by the way.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Buddo
                          • Mar 2007

It's probably a situation where if Greer re-signs, Florence will go back to the Chargers, but if Greer decides to go elsewhere, then Florence may get a bit more $ from the Bills to come to Buffalo (more than he's so far been offered that is).
                          For all that I like what we do have in the way of Corners, McGee will be a FA next year. Also, we did need the amount we had with Greer, due to the injuries people picked up. We will likely need another decent corner from where we are atm, for this year. Florence or (preferably) Greer, fill that need.
                          IIRC, isn't Youboty going to become a FA next year also?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buddo
                            It's probably a situation where if Greer re-signs, Florence will go back to the Chargers, but if Greer decides to go elsewhere, then Florence may get a bit more $ from the Bills to come to Buffalo (more than he's so far been offered that is).
                            For all that I like what we do have in the way of Corners, McGee will be a FA next year. Also, we did need the amount we had with Greer, due to the injuries people picked up. We will likely need another decent corner from where we are atm, for this year. Florence or (preferably) Greer, fill that need.
                            IIRC, isn't Youboty going to become a FA next year also?
                            I think so, plus he has never played a full season either. So that leaves us with McGee who is good but at times inconsistent and two 2nd year players.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

I think so, plus he has never played a full season either. So that leaves us with McGee who is good but at times inconsistent and two 2nd year players.
                              Bill Belichick loves McGee. He has gone out of his way to praise him many times, and always lists him when he talks about preparing for the Bills.

Belichick loves versatile guys, so McGee's return ability appeals to him. He also likes smaller, athletic CB who aren't afraid to tackle. McGee fits the profile of a lot of CB Belichick has coached, like current Patriot Ellis Hobbs or former Jet Ray Mickens.

Comment

Working...
                              X