PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Lecavalier

hydro
03-03-2009, 08:10 AM
I would love to see him on the Sabres. But we know Darcy won't go after him. Oh well :(

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2009, 08:36 AM
What got into your Wheaties Charles?

hydro
03-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Just trying to spark up some Sabres talk :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2009, 08:45 AM
You are a grouch.

hydro
03-03-2009, 08:50 AM
You are a grouch.

:rofl:

Dozerdog
03-03-2009, 08:51 AM
OK Darcy junior- put together an intelligent and realistic package and post it.

Who do you give up? Miller, Pominville, and Sekera?

Tampa will consider that

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2009, 08:53 AM
OK Darcy junior- put together an intelligent and realistic package and post it.

Who do you give up? Miller, Pominville, and Sekera?

Tampa will consider that
If I were to offer for Lecavlier.

It would be more like

Stafford, Ennis, Enroth and a pick.

Dozerdog
03-03-2009, 08:55 AM
If I were to offer for Lecavlier.

It would be more like

Stafford, Ennis, Enroth and a pick.And Tampa would laugh at you. They won't sell tickets with those guys.

And where do you clear the salary space?

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2009, 09:06 AM
And Tampa would laugh at you. They won't sell tickets with those guys.

And where do you clear the salary space?
Not sure if they would laugh or not but you do raise a good point about the Salary.

The Sabres could fit him under the cap but they wouldn't

Dozerdog
03-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Not sure if they would laugh or not but you do raise a good point about the Salary.

The Sabres could fit him under the cap but they wouldn'tWen you say "could fit him in" you need to explain.

Is this an off-season trade? If you want him in now, you need to open up a couple million now.

Chew on this- no team was hotter after Vinnie than Montreal-he's their wet dream. The names bandied about there were the Kositsin brothers, Plekanic- they could not land him

Not Ennis and Enroth

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Wen you say "could fit him in" you need to explain.

Is this an off-season trade? If you want him in now, you need to open up a couple million now.

Chew on this- no team was hotter after Vinnie than Montreal-he's their wet dream. The names bandied about there were the Kositsin brothers, Plekanic- they could not land him

Not Ennis and Enroth
I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING DOZER.

Dr. Lecter
03-03-2009, 09:29 AM
You are a grouch.

Dozer is grouchier.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Dozer is grouchier.
Guess so!

chernobylwraiths
03-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Aren't the Sabres about $10 million under the cap? I don't think clearing cap space is necessary.

RockStar36
03-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Aren't the Sabres about $10 million under the cap? I don't think clearing cap space is necessary.

The Sabres have around 6mil in cap space this season.

They have 41mil already committed to next years cap. Max, Timmy, Kotalik, Stafford, Peters, MacArthur, Kaleta, Spacek, Teppo and Sekera are all in a contract year of some sort which isn't counted towards that 41mil.

So it's not really as simple as adding the players this year because you could kill yourself the following year.

SabreEleven
03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
The Sabres have around 6mil in cap space this season.

They have 41mil already committed to next years cap. Max, Timmy, Kotalik, Stafford, Peters, MacArthur, Kaleta, Spacek, Teppo and Sekera are all in a contract year of some sort which isn't counted towards that 41mil.

So it's not really as simple as adding the players this year because you could kill yourself the following year.

Half those players should be gone next year.

Nighthawk
03-03-2009, 12:44 PM
What got into your Wheaties Charles?

You see...I can't post anything without Hydro saying something about it. That is how all of this started today. Ehh...whatever. I believe that was the first time I've ever posted about a player I would like, but I'm sure he overlooked that.

hydro
03-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I am just trying to prove a point. We ask for our favorite teams to do this and that to make us happy then complain that it doesn't get done. Its like complaining that you don't win the lottery.

RockStar36
03-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Half those players should be gone next year.

I agree.

But is the cap going down next year? If so, they have to also keep that in mind when making trades in the next 24 hours.

Nighthawk
03-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I agree.

But is the cap going down next year? If so, they have to also keep that in mind when making trades in the next 24 hours.

I don't think it would take effect next year, but the year after. Don't know why, but I remember hearing that.

Dr. Lecter
03-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Next year the cap is supposed to be about the same (maybe up 1 million). The year after it could fall.

Or so I read somewhere.

Nighthawk
03-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Next year the cap is supposed to be about the same (maybe up 1 million). The year after it could fall.

Or so I read somewhere.

Yeah, I thought that's what I heard.