PDA

View Full Version : Buyers or Seller???

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2009, 09:44 AM
http://www.wgr550.com/Dishing-on-Deadline/3951010

Jim Kelley has been around the game, and the Sabres, for a while, but even his vast experience can't produce a true read on Buffalo's intentions for Wednesday's trade deadline.

"Every day that changes," Kelley said during a Tuesday appearance on The Howard Simon Show. "So many clubs have to do a straight dollar-for-dollar match... In the Sabres scenario, there are a couple things. I think we might have a hint from Lindy Ruff today on the injury of Ryan Miller."

Earlier in the morning, Ruff had answered one of WGR's question regarding the trade deadline by saying Miller's injury status is one of the things they'll consider.

SI.com's Kelley has heard that the Sabres have made inquiries into "every" goaltending possibility out there.

"I've heard every name from Nikolai Khabibulin in Chicago to Manny Legace, who is playing out his career (in the AHL)," Kelley said, adding that Darcy Regier may have a special issue making a trade.

"Any deal of any consequence in Buffalo, they've been trying to link Maxim Afinogenov into the deal," Kelley said. "There doesn't seem to be much of a taker. You look at the team without the goaltending scenario, even with Thomas Vanek coming back, you think they'd be a buyer. A great number of their young players, and even some of their veteran young players, have not been scoring in a consistent pattern."

RockStar36
03-03-2009, 09:49 AM
I think Miller is going to be back fairly soon.

Trading for a goalie would be completely ******ed at this point. Lalime isn't losing the games, the Sabres lack of goal scoring is losing the games.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2009, 09:53 AM
I think Miller is going to be back fairly soon.

Trading for a goalie would be completely ******ed at this point. Lalime isn't losing the games, the Sabres lack of goal scoring is losing the games.

Carey Price had the same injury earlier in the season and was out for awhile but even worse he came back and it hindered his play so badly he is no longer the starter.

RockStar36
03-03-2009, 09:55 AM
I think Price only missed 8 games. And I was under the impression that it wasn't the injury that kept him out, but that he really isn't that good.

Miller said from day one the swelling wasn't as bad as most ankle injuries and they have been saying that since day one.

On WGR this past Saturday Paul Hamilton said he was walking without any limp and looked really good.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Well I hope you are right Dev! :hi5:

RockStar36
03-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Well I hope you are right Dev! :hi5:

On a side note, I might be coming up to watch a game later this month with a few friends. We don't all have the extra $$ for tickets so we're thinking Pearl St again if you're interested.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2009, 10:01 AM
On a side note, I might be coming up to watch a game later this month with a few friends. We don't all have the extra $$ for tickets so we're thinking Pearl St again if you're interested.
Yeah man let me know!