View Full Version : Cato June and Deshaun Foster in Buffalo

Slim
03-03-2009, 05:00 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/03/former-eagles-te-smith-has-options/
Tomorrow.
SIGN HIM.

Slim
03-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Get him inked Buffalo. He knows the cover two.

HHURRICANE
03-03-2009, 05:03 PM
The Lawyer Milloy of LBs.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Jue huh?? Get er done

Slim
03-03-2009, 05:04 PM
The Lawyer Milloy of LBs.

I don't see June helping us beat the Patriots 31-0.

Mudflap1
03-03-2009, 05:04 PM
He's better than what we have, and he knows the stupid defense.

Jon

TonyBlack
03-03-2009, 05:07 PM
get it done bills, i think i see this happenin cato 2 bills. is goin be poz, mitchell and cato woh.

SquishDaFish
03-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Sign him

BILLSROCK1212
03-03-2009, 05:10 PM
how'd he do w/ the Bucs??

psubills62
03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
This is interesting that they're being active now instead of two to three days ago. Maybe Coles has decided at this point as to where he's going?

Philagape
03-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Instant upgrade over Ellison

TonyBlack
03-03-2009, 05:13 PM
how'd he do w/ the Bucs??

he aint ray lewis but he did pretty good

Nighthawk
03-03-2009, 05:14 PM
June would be a very nice addition to this team. He's not a stud, but he is better then Ellison or anybody else currently on the roster who'd be starting in that spot.

acehole
03-03-2009, 05:15 PM
he aint ray lewis but he did pretty good

More like Jerry Lewis...

Seriously....I hope this is a depth move and not a starter.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Jue would start on this Team

rcd333
03-03-2009, 05:17 PM
an upgrade over ellison but definitly not what he used to be with the colts

raphael120
03-03-2009, 05:19 PM
June would be the new Crowell.

But main question...whose better...June or Crowell?

raphael120
03-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Played a hell of a lot better in Indy than he did in Tampa.

Slim
03-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Played a hell of a lot better in Indy than he did in Tampa.

He played weak side in Indy and strong side in tampa. Unless Mitchell moved to strong side, June would play strong side here was well.

X-Era
03-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Tomorrow.
SIGN HIM.

That would be a solid signing!

cpearl
03-03-2009, 05:34 PM

Nighthawk
03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
This has already been posted.

Tatonka
03-03-2009, 05:42 PM
June was excellent in Indy.. as Slim said.. he was playing the weakside there.. which is the position that should be making big plays.. in tampa, it wasnt like he was going to take derrick brooks spot at weakside, so they moved him to strong side.. which in my opinion he is a bit small for. he is plays fast and agressive but is not great at holding up the point of attack, because of his size, which is why i dont know why they put him on SS. I would think that in our situation, he would be much better suited at weakside and move mitchell who is much bigger, to strongside. Cato was also pretty strong in coverage if i remember correctly.

Tatonka
03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
depending on how we used him, i think he would be an excellent addition.

Nighthawk
03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
June was excellent in Indy.. as Slim said.. he was playing the weakside there.. which is the position that should be making big plays.. in tampa, it wasnt like he was going to take derrick brooks spot at weakside, so they moved him to strong side.. which in my opinion he is a bit small for. he is plays fast and agressive but is not great at holding up the point of attack, because of his size, which is why i dont know why they put him on SS. I would think that in our situation, he would be much better suited at weakside and move mitchell who is much bigger, to strongside. Cato was also pretty strong in coverage if i remember correctly.

Well said...June is a good player, not great, but good. This would be an excellent addition to our poor LB corps.

cpearl
03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Sorry, I didn't see it.

Nighthawk
03-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Sorry, I didn't see it.

No problem...it happens.

Mods...please merge.

EDS
03-03-2009, 05:47 PM
depending on how we used him, i think he would be an excellent addition.

I rather Crowell. And for that matter, why not just sign Derrick Brooks? Even at his age he is better then June.

Tatonka
03-03-2009, 05:48 PM
he was a probowler in 2005 as a weakside linebacker. he was a bit injury plagued for the season after that i believe. he was a stud at michigan. i think he is a very solid addition.. again.. as long as he is put in a position to succeed. he is not going to be a stud if you put him at strong side, imho.

Tatonka
03-03-2009, 05:49 PM
I rather Crowell. And for that matter, why not just sign Derrick Brooks? Even at his age he is better then June.

i disagree with that.

at his age.. if they were both playing weak side.. i definately dont think it is a given that brooks is better. and brooks is NOT playing strong side for sure.

DrGraves
03-03-2009, 05:50 PM
hopefully we can actually sign someone who comes to visit

Tatonka
03-03-2009, 05:52 PM

and if we are talking about strong side linebackers specifically, then yeah, i would definately take crowell first.. but that is ASSUMING his knee is ok, which from what i remember, it was a degenerative condition.. so you can always expect him to be on the injury list with a swollen knee.. and that is also assuming that he would have any interest at all in playing here, which i don't think he has.. understandably after the bills ended his season out of spite last year.

FlyingDutchman
03-03-2009, 05:58 PM
this would be way better than ellison who is a special teamer and back up and nothing more. We'd fill a spot and could focus other areas. we better not pull cheap crap here. sign the man.

EDS
03-03-2009, 06:01 PM
and if we are talking about strong side linebackers specifically, then yeah, i would definately take crowell first.. but that is ASSUMING his knee is ok, which from what i remember, it was a degenerative condition.. so you can always expect him to be on the injury list with a swollen knee.. and that is also assuming that he would have any interest at all in playing here, which i don't think he has.. understandably after the bills ended his season out of spite last year.

I don't know the specifics on the injury, but obviously that is an issue. But I agree, he should have no interest in coming to B-lo.

I guess I am disappointed they they seem to be sticking with the Cover 2 and looking at players who only fit that scheme.

jimbohastle51
03-03-2009, 06:04 PM
it is pretty obvious that june is coming here because we have a glaring need and he wants a starting job. there is a reason this is his first visit. he knows he can get in here and his credentials are good enough that an agreement can be made and he can play football and not have to fight too hard for his starting spot. bringing in peterson as well would be a nice addition for depth purposes.

Mad Bomber
03-03-2009, 06:11 PM
I would take him over Ellison in a heartbeat.

The Bills should also at LEAST think about resigning Crow.

....and Greer.

But they probably will not, because they have NO clue as how to make this team a contender.

I have been a Bills fan for over 45 years, and have seen some of the best and the WORST products that we could put on the field.

Our current "brain" trust doesn't seem to think that we need to sign current players who are actually GOOD.

We have become a farm team for real NFL teams.

The very few players with actual talent that are on our team are let go.

After over 45 years of being a Bills fan, I am sad to say that we have become the equivalent of a AAA baseball team.

Syderick
03-04-2009, 02:08 AM
June seems like a decent player, they should take a good consideration in signing him

Night Train
03-04-2009, 04:00 AM
Instant upgrade over Ellison

Even smaller than Ellison. Get's blown out on the sweep.

Oh well. We're beggers, after all.

justasportsfan
03-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I would like to see THe Digi compete for Ellisons spot too.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Even smaller than Ellison. Get's blown out on the sweep.

Oh well. We're beggers, after all

This dude is much, much better than Ellison and was a probowler I believe. If he plays the weakside he is nasty. He is an absolute playmaker in coverage.

raphael120
03-04-2009, 10:42 AM
We're really serious about this backup RB aren't we? Well good. IThe Bills are playing FA like we're actually a team that exists and wants to make a playoff run and be legitimate.

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Merged

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Something is up with Marshawn lynch.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Either the Bills have ZERO confidence in Xavier Omon as a backup to get 5-7 carries for a few games to start the season.. Or there is a lot more to the Marshawn Lynch story than we know.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
You don’t recruit guys like Fred Taylor, Kevin Jones and DeShaun Foster to come in and be a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> stringer for 1-4 games, and a 3<SUP>rd</SUP> RB inactive on Sundays for the rest of the season for no good reason.<o:p></o:p>

raphael120
03-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Are we trading him or do you think we're releasing him or what would we possibly be doing? Or do you think Lynch will be suspended for longer than 4 games? More like 6 or 8?

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Are we trading him or do you think we're releasing him or what would we possibly be doing? Or do you think Lynch will be suspended for longer than 4 games? More like 6 or 8?

I gotta think its going to be a longer than 4 games suspension which will lead to the board blowing up and people claiming more conspiracy theories about how the entire NFL is out to get the Bills.

bigbub2352
03-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Something is up with Marshawn lynch.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Either the Bills have ZERO confidence in Xavier Omon as a backup to get 5-7 carries for a few games to start the season.. Or there is a lot more to the Marshawn Lynch story than we know.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
You don’t recruit guys like Fred Taylor, Kevin Jones and DeShaun Foster to come in and be a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> stringer for 1-4 games, and a 3<SUP>rd</SUP> RB inactive on Sundays for the rest of the season for no good reason.<o:p></o:p>

i have to disagree, alot of teams use 3 Rbs in a game, Turk and Fairchild have horrible offense's here and we never used 3 Rbs, but teams like Balt and Pitt and NE defintly do and it keeps the RBs fresh as well as wears Dfense down

Lynch will get suspeneded for 4 games for being ignorant again, but i really like the idea of bringing in a real number 3 Omon mite have been another blown draft pick by Modrak and the boys, or needs alot more time to adjust from Div II to the NFL

Foster would be nice out of the backfeild, and both him and Jones have good size and speed combo

I like we are looking to add weapons to our **** bag offense
We need it

tat2dmike77
03-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Lynch will be traded in April for draft picks count on it.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 11:03 AM
I have no idea.

Pinkerton Security
03-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Lynch will be traded in April for draft picks count on it.

god I hope not. We finally get a guy with some real, honest-to-goodness talent in here and now everyone wants to get rid of him. He may have had his scrapes with the law but as of right now, at least in my book, hes not a bad person, just slightly misguided.

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 11:07 AM
god I hope not. We finally get a guy with some real, honest-to-goodness talent in here and now everyone wants to get rid of him. He may have had his scrapes with the law but as of right now, at least in my book, hes not a bad person, just slightly misguided.

He hit somebody with a friggin car and then took off from it. No good person or even decent person does that.

Pinkerton Security
03-04-2009, 11:10 AM
He hit somebody with a friggin car and then took off from it. No good person or even decent person does that.

i shouldnt have even brought it up. Im not gonna hijack a thread with talk of whether hes a good person or not.

tat2dmike77
03-04-2009, 11:12 AM

RB's right now are a dime a dozen. The NCAA is a RB factory at this point in time. Lynch can be replaced. And with bringing in guys like Foster and Smith it seems that either Lynch is going to be charge with a felony or two. Or the Bills see a pattern forming with him and don't want to deal with it.

I agree he is talented but he is also a moron. He may not be a bad guy but he knows right from wrong. He watches TV and i am sure at some point he heard about the Plaxico situation. So saying misguided is an excuse. This guy is a moron.

Bulldog
03-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Call me crazy, but I really don't think Lynch is all that great. Good, yes. Great, no. I say he's average at best.

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 11:16 AM
i shouldnt have even brought it up. Im not gonna hijack a thread with talk of whether hes a good person or not.

Im done, we simply disagree is all.

Imo, Lynch's production is replaceable.

raphael120
03-04-2009, 11:20 AM
You know...on the Omon front...I'm sick and tired of our later draft picks amounting to jack ****. You have other teams out there finding the diamonds in the rough, but we're totally incompetent. I mean...did we even need another RB at that point? Why not take a shot at a crappy late round C, DE, SOMETHING in a position of need. RB was not a position of need. Nor was CB such a need that we needed to draft 5 bajillion corners. But whatever.

ParanoidAndroid
03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if a trade offer is made after we sign a RB, but it's all speculation at this point.

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 11:34 AM
You know...on the Omon front...I'm sick and tired of our later draft picks amounting to jack ****. You have other teams out there finding the diamonds in the rough, but we're totally incompetent. I mean...did we even need another RB at that point? Why not take a shot at a crappy late round C, DE, SOMETHING in a position of need. RB was not a position of need. Nor was CB such a need that we needed to draft 5 bajillion corners. But whatever.

Give the kid more than 6 friggin carries before you determine him to amount to jack ****. Holy crap people are out of their ***** minds.

raphael120
03-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Give the kid more than 6 friggin carries before you determine him to amount to jack ****. Holy crap people are out of their ***** minds.

If he was good and gained the coaches confidence, don't you think he would have been given more carries? Same with Dwayne Wright. He sucked and the coaches limited his carries because he was fumbles mcgee.

Tatonka
03-04-2009, 11:48 AM
i have to disagree, alot of teams use 3 Rbs in a game, Turk and Fairchild have horrible offense's here and we never used 3 Rbs, but teams like Balt and Pitt and NE defintly do and it keeps the RBs fresh as well as wears Dfense down

Lynch will get suspeneded for 4 games for being ignorant again, but i really like the idea of bringing in a real number 3 Omon mite have been another blown draft pick by Modrak and the boys, or needs alot more time to adjust from Div II to the NFL

Foster would be nice out of the backfeild, and both him and Jones have good size and speed combo

I like we are looking to add weapons to our **** bag offense
We need it

i agree.. good teams like New England were signing guys like Lamont Jordan to be 3rd/4th string.. and did it again with Fred Taylor.. that is because top notch depth wins games.

i also think that they know lynch is definately getting a 4 game suspension and they are probably also well aware that he is an extreme liabillity to get caught being an ignorant polesmoker again at any time, so they have to protect themselves if they want to have any hope at the post season.

and i dont think this is an indication of anything in regards to Omon.. and i definately wouldnt call a 6th round draft pick "another horrible pick" just because they are looking at more depth. They had low expectations for Jackson and he turned out great.. maybe omon will be the guy that shocks everyone in camp this year.. you never know.

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 11:51 AM
If he was good and gained the coaches confidence, don't you think he would have been given more carries? Same with Dwayne Wright. He sucked and the coaches limited his carries because he was fumbles mcgee.

He's #3 on the depth chart to two really good RB's and was a rookie last year from a DII school, what do you expect exactly? Him to run for 1000 yards?

And are you really putting any faith in this coaching staff?

justasportsfan
03-04-2009, 11:56 AM
And are you really putting any faith in this coaching staff?
you greatly hate Dick too?

guy
03-04-2009, 04:14 PM
If he was good and gained the coaches confidence, don't you think he would have been given more carries? Same with Dwayne Wright. He sucked and the coaches limited his carries because he was fumbles mcgee.we have ml and fj you ja

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 09:08 PM
i have searched everywhere and called a few friends and i cannot find anything else out about June? normally brown will at least say the visit is over or they left town or you can find it somewhere on the net but seriously not a word. a buddy of mine from back home said he was listening to wgr before the sabres game and they said something about him staying in buffalo tonight, and later i saw in a post on BB.com forum that someone heard the same thing, can anyone confirm this?? if so that could be good because he could be getting ready to sign.

Nighthawk
03-04-2009, 09:10 PM
All I've heard was Ed Kilgore on the 6 o'clock news said the Bills were in negotiations with June. Take it for what it's worth, but besides that, I haven't heard a thing.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
All I've heard was Ed Kilgore on the 6 o'clock news said the Bills were in negotiations with June. Take it for what it's worth, but besides that, I haven't heard a thing.

hes got to be still in buffalo then. he is probably waiting at the hotel for his agent to tell him the deal is done so he can do a presser tomorrow. i would figure it would have to be a tricky contract because he is a top LB in a cover 2 defense. he isnt like a brookings that is over his prime or anything so he is going to get incentives and things that could take alittle time to hammer out.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 09:15 PM

thanks man, living in the gulf coast i do not get to see the local news :) its funny how you miss the smallest things when you have been away from home for so long. i was just up there 2 last week for a couple days and was thinking that.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-04-2009, 10:14 PM
that's good hear I really got excited when he said he would play the will here. He would be a great pick up, hope we do this deal.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
that's good hear I really got excited when he said he would play the will here. He would be a great pick up, hope we do this deal.

me too man. he is the perfect fit for our cover 2 system. as good as peterson is i would rather have june because he fits right in at our need position and it doesnt require anyone to move around or anything.

acehole
03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Pass and pass.

BillsWin
03-05-2009, 10:19 AM
It would be a solid signing by the bills.

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
It would be a solid signing by the bills.

i think they'll get this done today, there has been no report about him leaving buffalo yet, and no other teams are interested seeing how indy has no more money after there 2 big resignings and the bucs cut him. we are the only tampa 2 scheme that has a glaring need at his position.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Ya I guess with no Peterson schedueled to visit anytime soon prolly means were getting closer to a deal.