PDA

View Full Version : More Chris Brown Crap

topher180
03-03-2009, 11:15 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/03/leonhard-to-return-punts-against-bills/

Well it will certainly be an interesting special teams reunion when Jim Leonhard is returning punts for the Jets against the Bills this fall (http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/03/new_jet_jim_leonhard_to_return.html). Head coach Rex Ryan said in the press conference to announce the signing of Leonhard that the former Bill will be returning punts for the Jets.
That takes the punt return duties out of the hands of Leon Washington, who also returned kickoffs for New York last season. According to the Newark Star-Ledger, Ryan wants to take some of the return load off Washington next season so he can use him more in the run game.
Leonhard also has a punt return average (11.6) that was double what Washington had last season (5.8).

Gee, thanks Chris. More stellar work. He didn't even play here last year and all you're doing is reminding us of another poor talent assessment by the FO. And why not focus on freaking punt returning, right? It's not like he was in the top 5 in tackles for the Baltimore Ravens last year.

It's not a slow news cycle Chris. I understand the Bills haven't exactly been hyper active, but maybe you should scan your little employee ID card, swipe that SOB to get into the building, and ask some freaking questions. What's the real story with Crowell? Why was Fitzpatrick a better choice that Jeff Garcia or Kyle Boller? Who's comming to visit OBD next, if anyone?

No, you're right Chris. Punt return averages are MUCH better.

No, thank you.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Sounds like you have some resentments on Mr.Brown

The Spaz
03-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Why the bashing for saying what the Jets coach said?

casdhf
03-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Leohnard was our UDFA, so we kinda found him.

TigerJ
03-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Yeah, he was one of those guys who is difficult to deal with. He is small and slow for a safety, but has excellent football smarts and instinctiveness on the field. He's one of those guys about whom you say "He's just a football player." I think he signed the same time Ko Simpson and Whitner were drafted. Simpson kind of teased us with his athletic abiliy before he got injured. It turns out he lacks greatly the qualities that Leonhard has, to the point that we know he's probably never going to be a solid starter. I wouldn't mind having Leonhard back as a backup, but his size and lack of speed are still issues for me. I think we'd always be looking for a starter who has both the measurables and the instincts. We already have solid return men so I guess the Jets can have him.

Thurmal
03-04-2009, 08:44 AM
That Ravens defense made Leonard look better than he is.

ParanoidAndroid
03-04-2009, 12:20 PM
....and the Ravens did what to try to keep him?