• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

WOW!

In many years I don't think I have seen so many free agents coming to visit Buffalo. This has to be one of the most active off seasons the Bills have ever had. It started out sort of slow with just Fitzpatrick, then Florence signed, Coles is rumored to be close, now Kevin Jones, Pat Thomas, Cato June, Mike Peterson. Damn!

Maybe Ralph really does want to give it one last go before he croaks!

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: WOW!

I always grow a thousand gray hairs on my head before anything happens.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

I'll take 1 superstar instead of 10 meh players any day of the week...
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Commissioner
        • Dec 2004

I'll take quality over quantity....

The Bills are going for cheap guys that can't sign anywhere else.
        Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Commissioner
          I'll take quality over quantity....

The Bills are going for cheap guys that can't sign anywhere else.
          They are still upgrades.. Let's say for now we sign June and K. Jones, who knows, right?

Center: Upgraded. Hangartner isn't a world beater, but he's at least better than Preston and Fowler, we can agree on that?

Backup QB: Upgraded. Fitzpatrick isn't the best, but JP Losman was a total trainwreck. Our backup QB literally LOST us football games.. That alone makes Fitpatrick an upgrade.

OLB: UPgraded with June. Though far from dominant, June is a lot better than Keith Ellison.

That's three positions that are improved over last year. Kevin Jones would give us good insurance for a pending Lynch suspension.

If we end up with Coles that's a HUGE upgrade to the WR position.

NOt to mention if we're able to redo Peters we get him for all of camp and hopefuly he plays like 2007 and not '08.

Are there still holes? Absolutely.
          We need a LG for sure. Fine shouldn't be starting at TE. But we will still make another move too, especially at LG.. We'll get Simmons and I stand by the fact we're interested in trading with KC for Waters.

a TE can be had in the draft. So could a SS option to groom.

We can still get better without adding Pro Bowlers (though Waters is one)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Oh yes I forgot Hangartner too.

Don't be so fast to say Fitzpatrick is an upgrade though. Yes JP is a trainwreck, but we can't be sure that Fitzpatrick isn't going to lose us games either. From what I've seen of him I'm not all too impressed. He had what, one good game in St. Louis two years ago? That's it.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              Oh yes I forgot Hangartner too.

Don't be so fast to say Fitzpatrick is an upgrade though. Yes JP is a trainwreck, but we can't be sure that Fitzpatrick isn't going to lose us games either. From what I've seen of him I'm not all too impressed. He had what, one good game in St. Louis two years ago? That's it.
              he played decent last year in extended starting time for a WOEFUL Bengals team.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Yes, he sucked last year.

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

Was about to say the same thing....
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    They are still upgrades.. Let's say for now we sign June and K. Jones, who knows, right?

Center: Upgraded. Hangartner isn't a world beater, but he's at least better than Preston and Fowler, we can agree on that?

Backup QB: Upgraded. Fitzpatrick isn't the best, but JP Losman was a total trainwreck. Our backup QB literally LOST us football games.. That alone makes Fitpatrick an upgrade.

OLB: UPgraded with June. Though far from dominant, June is a lot better than Keith Ellison.

That's three positions that are improved over last year. Kevin Jones would give us good insurance for a pending Lynch suspension.

If we end up with Coles that's a HUGE upgrade to the WR position.

NOt to mention if we're able to redo Peters we get him for all of camp and hopefuly he plays like 2007 and not '08.

Are there still holes? Absolutely.
                    We need a LG for sure. Fine shouldn't be starting at TE. But we will still make another move too, especially at LG.. We'll get Simmons and I stand by the fact we're interested in trading with KC for Waters.

a TE can be had in the draft. So could a SS option to groom.

We can still get better without adding Pro Bowlers (though Waters is one)
                    June is signed?

Sorry, my bad, need to learn to read everything not scan.
                    Last edited by X-Era; 03-04-2009, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Yes, he sucked last year.
                      Did he suck worse than Losman?

I"m not a big Fitz guy either.. I'd rather have had Kitna or Garcia.

But Losman was the absolute WORST so anything is an upgrade.. Hamden is probably an upgrade.

Losman is pure addition by subtraction.

He doesnt even have a team interested in him right now as a backup.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        Did he suck worse than Losman?
                        no, he sucked as much. Hence the words, not an upgrade.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

CHAMPIONSHIP!
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

When a QB plays for a bad offense, it's sometimes tough to tell whether he suck or not. I admit, I did not watch Bengals football last season, but I'm assuming that Fitzpatrick, who is genuinely bright, makes better decisions about what to do with the ball and when to get rid of it than Losman.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
                              I'll take 1 superstar instead of 10 meh players any day of the week...
                              1 superstar is NEVER the answer for a team with many holes.

Comment

Working...
                              X