PDA

View Full Version : WOW!

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2009, 06:35 AM
In many years I don't think I have seen so many free agents coming to visit Buffalo. This has to be one of the most active off seasons the Bills have ever had. It started out sort of slow with just Fitzpatrick, then Florence signed, Coles is rumored to be close, now Kevin Jones, Pat Thomas, Cato June, Mike Peterson. Damn!

Maybe Ralph really does want to give it one last go before he croaks!

:bf1:

mybills
03-04-2009, 06:40 AM
I always grow a thousand gray hairs on my head before anything happens.

Luisito23
03-04-2009, 07:00 AM
I'll take 1 superstar instead of 10 meh players any day of the week...

Commissioner
03-04-2009, 07:01 AM
I'll take quality over quantity....

The Bills are going for cheap guys that can't sign anywhere else.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 07:06 AM
I'll take quality over quantity....

The Bills are going for cheap guys that can't sign anywhere else.
They are still upgrades.. Let's say for now we sign June and K. Jones, who knows, right?

Center: Upgraded. Hangartner isn't a world beater, but he's at least better than Preston and Fowler, we can agree on that?

Backup QB: Upgraded. Fitzpatrick isn't the best, but JP Losman was a total trainwreck. Our backup QB literally LOST us football games.. That alone makes Fitpatrick an upgrade.

OLB: UPgraded with June. Though far from dominant, June is a lot better than Keith Ellison.

That's three positions that are improved over last year. Kevin Jones would give us good insurance for a pending Lynch suspension.

If we end up with Coles that's a HUGE upgrade to the WR position.

NOt to mention if we're able to redo Peters we get him for all of camp and hopefuly he plays like 2007 and not '08.

Are there still holes? Absolutely.
We need a LG for sure. Fine shouldn't be starting at TE. But we will still make another move too, especially at LG.. We'll get Simmons and I stand by the fact we're interested in trading with KC for Waters.

a TE can be had in the draft. So could a SS option to groom.

We can still get better without adding Pro Bowlers (though Waters is one)

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Oh yes I forgot Hangartner too.

Don't be so fast to say Fitzpatrick is an upgrade though. Yes JP is a trainwreck, but we can't be sure that Fitzpatrick isn't going to lose us games either. From what I've seen of him I'm not all too impressed. He had what, one good game in St. Louis two years ago? That's it.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Oh yes I forgot Hangartner too.

Don't be so fast to say Fitzpatrick is an upgrade though. Yes JP is a trainwreck, but we can't be sure that Fitzpatrick isn't going to lose us games either. From what I've seen of him I'm not all too impressed. He had what, one good game in St. Louis two years ago? That's it.
he played decent last year in extended starting time for a WOEFUL Bengals team.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Yes, he sucked last year.

Luisito23
03-04-2009, 07:16 AM

Was about to say the same thing....

X-Era
03-04-2009, 07:16 AM
They are still upgrades.. Let's say for now we sign June and K. Jones, who knows, right?

Center: Upgraded. Hangartner isn't a world beater, but he's at least better than Preston and Fowler, we can agree on that?

Backup QB: Upgraded. Fitzpatrick isn't the best, but JP Losman was a total trainwreck. Our backup QB literally LOST us football games.. That alone makes Fitpatrick an upgrade.

OLB: UPgraded with June. Though far from dominant, June is a lot better than Keith Ellison.

That's three positions that are improved over last year. Kevin Jones would give us good insurance for a pending Lynch suspension.

If we end up with Coles that's a HUGE upgrade to the WR position.

NOt to mention if we're able to redo Peters we get him for all of camp and hopefuly he plays like 2007 and not '08.

Are there still holes? Absolutely.
We need a LG for sure. Fine shouldn't be starting at TE. But we will still make another move too, especially at LG.. We'll get Simmons and I stand by the fact we're interested in trading with KC for Waters.

a TE can be had in the draft. So could a SS option to groom.

We can still get better without adding Pro Bowlers (though Waters is one)

June is signed?

Sorry, my bad, need to learn to read everything not scan.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Yes, he sucked last year.
Did he suck worse than Losman?

I"m not a big Fitz guy either.. I'd rather have had Kitna or Garcia.

But Losman was the absolute WORST so anything is an upgrade.. Hamden is probably an upgrade.

Losman is pure addition by subtraction.

He doesnt even have a team interested in him right now as a backup.

mybills
03-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Did he suck worse than Losman?

no, he sucked as much. Hence the words, not an upgrade.

Philagape
03-04-2009, 07:33 AM
CHAMPIONSHIP!

TigerJ
03-04-2009, 07:45 AM
When a QB plays for a bad offense, it's sometimes tough to tell whether he suck or not. I admit, I did not watch Bengals football last season, but I'm assuming that Fitzpatrick, who is genuinely bright, makes better decisions about what to do with the ball and when to get rid of it than Losman.

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 07:50 AM
I'll take 1 superstar instead of 10 meh players any day of the week...
1 superstar is NEVER the answer for a team with many holes.

casdhf
03-04-2009, 07:50 AM
I'll take 1 superstar instead of 10 meh players any day of the week... What superstar is currently on the market, Luisito?

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Too bad Tony Gonzalez doesn't want to play for us. He would have been a great fit here.

Luisito23
03-04-2009, 08:06 AM
What superstar is currently on the market, Luisito?

None now, but that's because we waited too long...

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 08:08 AM
None now, but that's because we waited too long...
Who do you advocate we SHOULD have signed?

Luisito23
03-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Too bad Tony Gonzalez doesn't want to play for us. He would have been a great fit here.

We could of had KW...That would've been a smart trade that didn't cost too much, and was most definitely worth the risk...

Throne Logic
03-04-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm sorry guys. I just don't see it. Even if Buffalo signs every single one of the FA's in visiting this week, are we really looking at a better Bills team?

I see a couple of washes in the gain / loss department and a minor bump up at LB. That's it.

We've still got a major hole at LG, no starting TE, and the same coaching philosophy as last year.

I'd say this is good enough, with a lot of breaks along the way, to boost us from 7-9 to 8-8.

Not excited.

justasportsfan
03-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Even if some people think that we've gotten better, is it enough to say we're good enough to keep up with the rest of our division rivals? Not.

billsfanone
03-04-2009, 12:40 PM
I'll reserve my wow until we sign anyone significant.