• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Coles has NOT signed with the Bills

I don't know who in the world posted that a "source within the organization" says the Bills have reached a deal with Coles; but whomever wrote it is full of ****.. Sorry to tell you.

Coles as of now has NOT signed with the Bills. And as of last night, Coles' agent, Roosevelt Barnes was on the phone with other teams trying to set up more visits for his client

To my knowledge, Buffalo's offer was not acceptable to him. I don't even think Cinci made him an offer after listening to his contract demands, and if they did it was for a small enough amount to have him cut his visit short.

I'm told that Coles is now even considering re-visiting the NY Jets.

Believe me, nobody over the past few days wanted to break a "Coles signs with Buffalo" story more than me. At around 4pm yesterday I know that Brandon spoke with Barnes on the phone. NO deal was reached.

This has been really confusing and I will mostly clear this up now.. Coles gambled on his value by walking away from $6M in guarentees with the Jets, and he lost. He's in no rush to sign anywhere if he feels that its a contract that underpays him (in his estimation). At 31 years old, it's likely his last bigger payday, so he's going to explore all his possibilities.

If his agent doesn't find interest elsewhere and we're the only offer on the table then he will end up signing here. I doubt he would just retire. To my knowledge, the Bills haven't placed a deadline for him to accept an offer. Personally, I think they should, and they may, maybe even today for all I know. But I doubt it. Buffalo will be real busy today hosting free agents.

Speaking of busy, an admin here may want to change the board back to the "busy" server (you know what I mean) because there is going to be a lot of activity today and Im sure a ton of traffic here. I couldn't get on here last night for well over a hour to post some news and I figure it will be busier today?

I think the BIlls expect big time Marshawn to get 4 games. They are bent on getting a quality RB on the roster. and I expect us to land June, he really fits our defense well. Pat Thomas is a lot like Ellison (athletic, but undersized and not very productive). So we'll see what happens. Bringing Peterson in on Thursday shows that the BIlls will at least entertain the possibility of moving Poz outside.

Anyway, regarding Coles.. Resolution can literally come at any minute, but your probably wasting time (like I've been) waiting for it. I dont think he wants to play for Buffalo, at least not for whatever we offered (and nobody can confirm for sure what it was)--- and I'm telling you now I heard rumblings he may revisit the Jets still.

He can drag on for another week, or he could sign with Buffalo or another team today.. Truth is, I really don't know and I think my guess, or even the Bills guess, is as good as anyone else's here.

Sorry..
    Last edited by patmoran2006; 03-04-2009, 07:00 AM.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Coles has NOT signed with the Bills

I could really care less about him right now...This thing has dragged out too long, and he's not even the type of player that deserves this much attention to anyways...
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Dujek
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2008

What's the point in having our own pet junior journalist if he can't tell us anything about Coles? (j/k)

I still think the Bills' best bet at LB could well be to sign a solid MLB and move Poz outside, so Peterson is an interesting option.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dujek
        What's the point in having our own pet junior journalist if he can't tell us anything about Coles? (j/k)

I still think the Bills' best bet at LB could well be to sign a solid MLB and move Poz outside, so Peterson is an interesting option.
        If not Peterson you could see it on draft day with the kid from USC.

Sorry I don't have more and/or better Coles news for you guys right now.. But I"m not going to lie about him to make up stuff.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dujek
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          If not Peterson you could see it on draft day with the kid from USC.

Sorry I don't have more and/or better Coles news for you guys right now.. But I"m not going to lie about him to make up stuff.
          Right now I couldn't give a **** about Coles and his attitude. He obviously has no real desire to play for the Bills.

I liked Maualuga right up to the Rose Bowl, when he looked quite ordinary. Certainly didn't look like a #11 pick anyway. I think I'd prefer someone with a bit of NFL experience in there now.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

I bet the Bills offered him what he left behind in NJ. I bet nobody will entertain what you said he was asking for. I bet he'll go back to the Jets. I bet I'll cry when he does.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Good info Pat!

Ill pas on Rey though, not worth a top 15 selection imo, even though I think he'll go that high. He has issues dealing with traffic and getting off blocks.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Its not like Coles is the only veteran receiver out there. I think the fans and Bills brass have already wasted enough time ont that guy. I say start exporing other options and if something comes up pull the offer immediately.
                Personally, I am moving on...

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

I changed my mind. I don't think he'll go back to the Jets. How can he?

They granted him FA (voiding his final contract)

He (forfeited) a guaranteed base of 6mil.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Luisito23
                    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                    I changed my mind.

Too late, you said it already...
                    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Howard Simon just said there are unconfirmed Internet Message board rumors that Coles is a Bill... LOL

Comment

• homeslice5484
                        • Jul 2008

just move on from coles

Comment

• Dujek
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Good info Pat!

Ill pas on Rey though, not worth a top 15 selection imo, even though I think he'll go that high. He has issues dealing with traffic and getting off blocks.
                          He can take bad angles at times as well, even when he is moving in unblocked on the ball carrier. Though that's something that can be coached into him.

Comment

• billsburgh
                            • Jul 2003

with Coles, you would think that as more time goes by, the less money he is going to get. there doesnt seem to be alot of interest in him, other than the Bills. there's no bidding war going on, so the bills can sit back and wait until he comes crawling back because nobody else want him.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

not just the money, nobody seems to want him "long term" which is what he wants.

Comment

Working...
                              X