• Show
Clear All
  • Don Cherry
    BFZ Hockey Commissioner
    • Oct 2002

On the road and in overtime, Ducks show pluck

NHL Monday, May 12, 2003
    From Associated Press

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- The Anaheim Mighty Ducks are winning the close ones, and they've been nearly unbeatable away from home.

Minnesota must find a way to reverse those two trends to avoid falling behind 2-0 in the Western Conference finals.

The Mighty Ducks improved to 5-0 in overtime games and 5-1 on the road by beating the Wild 1-0 in two extra periods Saturday. Game 2 is Monday night in St. Paul.

"You've got to win a game in their building anyway to advance, so you might as well get it over with early," Mighty Ducks center Adam Oates said after practice Sunday at the University of Minnesota.

Anaheim also got 39 saves from Jean-Sebastien Giguere and a few fortunate bounces to beat the Wild, continuing a trend that developed in the first two rounds. In sweeping defending champion Detroit and beating Dallas 4-2, the Ducks won the first two games on the road in both of the series.

Taking a 2-0 lead back to the Arrowhead Pond would be a huge step toward Anaheim's first-ever trip to the Stanley Cup Finals.

• Demon
    • Mar 2003

This was the MOST boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring game i'v ever seen. I hope and pray tonight its just a little different. Like Howard Simon said today, i don't need 5-4 games, i love 1-0 or 2-0 games, I just need scoring chances and that game had like 2.

Last 3 PP's for Minny counted for 0 shots combined. boooooooring!
    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
    X