OK, Signing Connolly means we are now buyers...so who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

OK, Signing Connolly means we are now buyers...so who?

Any thoughts?

The resigning of him throws all my scenarios out the window.
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: OK, Signing Connolly means we are now buyers...so who?

I really don't know if they are working on any other deals. They get Vanek back tonight as well and before the injuries to Vanek and Miller, they were definitely a playoff team.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

really? Definitely? Before the injuries they were barely hanging on to the 7th/8th spot. That hardly constitutes a "definite" playoff team. It's not even a "likely" playoff team, especially since we kept giving away points to teams like Carolina.

But I agree- they probably aren't working on other deals. What you see is what you get. For some strange reason, the FO believes in these guys.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• tat2dmike77
        Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
        • Dec 2005

Just got this a e-mail from WGR

The Sabres have traded a 4th round draft pick in 2009 to the Phoenix Coyotes for G Mikael Tellqvist.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

I think I speak for everybody Op when I say we are SO glad you weren't eaten by a lion.

Comment

• RockStar36
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
            really? Definitely? Before the injuries they were barely hanging on to the 7th/8th spot. That hardly constitutes a "definite" playoff team. It's not even a "likely" playoff team, especially since we kept giving away points to teams like Carolina.

But I agree- they probably aren't working on other deals. What you see is what you get. For some strange reason, the FO believes in these guys.
            Yes, they were definitely a playoff team.

They are 2 and 3 points behind Carolina/Pittsburgh with 2 games in hand on each. They will be fine if they remember how to start scoring.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
              I think I speak for everybody Op when I say we are SO glad you weren't eaten by a lion.

sorry, I didn't mean to let facts get in the way of RS's opinion.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                • Sep 2004

I've watched a ton of hockey this year, not just the Sabres.

They were definitely a playoff team before the injuries.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

This team is average at best and have showed us this the past two years. They're not good enough and have also showed us this the last two years. I don't see how that is even a point to argue.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    This team is average at best and have showed us this the past two years. They're not good enough and have also showed us this the last two years. I don't see how that is even a point to argue.
                    What ****ing point am I arguing?

I said they were definitely a playoff team before the injuries. That is a fact.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                      Well, if Miller and Vanek didn't get injured, we'd be barely clinging to the 8th playoff spot. That's plenty "good enough". If you don't think so, you're just a negative nancy.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36

No, that wasn't a fact because just because they happened to be in a playoff spot, doesn't mean they would have stayed there even with Miller and Vanek. That is an assumption, not a fact. A fact is that basically the same team last year was not good enough to make that playoffs...that's a fact.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          • Sep 2004

Well, if Miller and Vanek didn't get injured, we'd be barely clinging to the 8th playoff spot. That's plenty "good enough". If you don't think so, you're just a negative nancy.
                          They were in 7th for about a month. Not clinging to 8th. Jesus Christ. Why don't you actually watch games and follow the team before opening your ignorant ass mouth up. You are by far the most annoying person I know.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36

You need to look up the definitions of "fact" and "opinion." A fact is something that can be objectively proven and repeatedly observed. Before the injuries, the Sabres were barely clinging to a low playoff seed. There is no way to prove that they would- or wouldn't- have made the playoffs if the injuries didn't happen. Therefore, by definition it cannot be a fact.

You can sit there and say you've watched more hockey than me or Nighthawk, and that certainly lends credibility to your opinion. But it doesn't make it fact.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

You need to look up the definitions of "fact" and "opinion." A fact is something that can be objectively proven and repeatedly observed. Before the injuries, the Sabres were barely clinging to a low playoff seed. There is no way to prove that they would- or wouldn't- have made the playoffs if the injuries didn't happen. Therefore, by definition it cannot be a fact.

You can sit there and say you've watched more hockey than me or Nighthawk, and that certainly lends credibility to your opinion. But it doesn't make it fact.
                              Sorry, I just don't check the standings, I actually watch the games. Comparing to the teams I've watched, the Sabres were a playoff team for sure. God forbid I actually know what I'm talking about.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X