PDA

View Full Version : OK, Signing Connolly means we are now buyers...so who?

User Manuel
03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Any thoughts?

The resigning of him throws all my scenarios out the window.

RockStar36
03-04-2009, 12:14 PM
I really don't know if they are working on any other deals. They get Vanek back tonight as well and before the injuries to Vanek and Miller, they were definitely a playoff team.

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 12:17 PM
really? Definitely? Before the injuries they were barely hanging on to the 7th/8th spot. That hardly constitutes a "definite" playoff team. It's not even a "likely" playoff team, especially since we kept giving away points to teams like Carolina.

But I agree- they probably aren't working on other deals. What you see is what you get. For some strange reason, the FO believes in these guys.

tat2dmike77
03-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Just got this a e-mail from WGR

The Sabres have traded a 4th round draft pick in 2009 to the Phoenix Coyotes for G Mikael Tellqvist.

chernobylwraiths
03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I think I speak for everybody Op when I say we are SO glad you weren't eaten by a lion.

:D

RockStar36
03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
really? Definitely? Before the injuries they were barely hanging on to the 7th/8th spot. That hardly constitutes a "definite" playoff team. It's not even a "likely" playoff team, especially since we kept giving away points to teams like Carolina.

But I agree- they probably aren't working on other deals. What you see is what you get. For some strange reason, the FO believes in these guys.

Yes, they were definitely a playoff team.

They are 2 and 3 points behind Carolina/Pittsburgh with 2 games in hand on each. They will be fine if they remember how to start scoring.

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I think I speak for everybody Op when I say we are SO glad you weren't eaten by a lion.

:D

sorry, I didn't mean to let facts get in the way of RS's opinion.

RockStar36
03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
I've watched a ton of hockey this year, not just the Sabres.

They were definitely a playoff team before the injuries.

Nighthawk
03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
This team is average at best and have showed us this the past two years. They're not good enough and have also showed us this the last two years. I don't see how that is even a point to argue.

RockStar36
03-04-2009, 12:34 PM
This team is average at best and have showed us this the past two years. They're not good enough and have also showed us this the last two years. I don't see how that is even a point to argue.

What ****ing point am I arguing?

I said they were definitely a playoff team before the injuries. That is a fact.

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 12:35 PM

Well, if Miller and Vanek didn't get injured, we'd be barely clinging to the 8th playoff spot. That's plenty "good enough". If you don't think so, you're just a negative nancy.

Nighthawk
03-04-2009, 12:36 PM

No, that wasn't a fact because just because they happened to be in a playoff spot, doesn't mean they would have stayed there even with Miller and Vanek. That is an assumption, not a fact. A fact is that basically the same team last year was not good enough to make that playoffs...that's a fact.

RockStar36
03-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Well, if Miller and Vanek didn't get injured, we'd be barely clinging to the 8th playoff spot. That's plenty "good enough". If you don't think so, you're just a negative nancy.

They were in 7th for about a month. Not clinging to 8th. Jesus Christ. Why don't you actually watch games and follow the team before opening your ignorant ass mouth up. You are by far the most annoying person I know.

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 12:37 PM

You need to look up the definitions of "fact" and "opinion." A fact is something that can be objectively proven and repeatedly observed. Before the injuries, the Sabres were barely clinging to a low playoff seed. There is no way to prove that they would- or wouldn't- have made the playoffs if the injuries didn't happen. Therefore, by definition it cannot be a fact.

You can sit there and say you've watched more hockey than me or Nighthawk, and that certainly lends credibility to your opinion. But it doesn't make it fact.

RockStar36
03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
You need to look up the definitions of "fact" and "opinion." A fact is something that can be objectively proven and repeatedly observed. Before the injuries, the Sabres were barely clinging to a low playoff seed. There is no way to prove that they would- or wouldn't- have made the playoffs if the injuries didn't happen. Therefore, by definition it cannot be a fact.

You can sit there and say you've watched more hockey than me or Nighthawk, and that certainly lends credibility to your opinion. But it doesn't make it fact.

Sorry, I just don't check the standings, I actually watch the games. Comparing to the teams I've watched, the Sabres were a playoff team for sure. God forbid I actually know what I'm talking about.

Nighthawk
03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
They were in 7th for about a month. Not clinging to 8th. Jesus Christ. Why don't you actually watch games and follow the team before opening your ignorant ass mouth up. You are by far the most annoying person I know.

Honestly, you need to relax and stop the personal attacks.

RockStar36
03-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Honestly, you need to relax and stop the personal attacks.

Ok, I'll tell a mod about it.

Nighthawk
03-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Ok, I'll tell a mod about it.

Nice...how old are you?

RockStar36
03-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Nice...how old are you?

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 12:43 PM

Sorry, but the Sabres were only in 7th for a brief period. Most of the time they were in 8th with a 2 or 3 point lead on 9th. I check the standings several times a week.

I even posted on here several times that the Sabres were barely clinging to the 8th playoff spot and no one challenged me on it.

You're simply wrong and you calling me ignorant and annoying doesn't change that.

Nighthawk
03-04-2009, 12:44 PM

Well, then stop acting like a two year old.

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Sorry, I just don't check the standings, I actually watch the games. Comparing to the teams I've watched, the Sabres were a playoff team for sure. God forbid I actually know what I'm talking about.

I don't care how much you know. It doesn't matter if you can state the stats for every team and player off the top of your head like Rainman. Your thoughts that cannot be objectively proven are not facts, by definition. Get over yourself.

RockStar36
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Sorry, but the Sabres were only in 7th for a brief period. Most of the time they were in 8th with a 2 or 3 point lead on 9th. I check the standings several times a week.

I even posted on here several times that the Sabres were barely clinging to the 8th playoff spot and no one challenged me on it.

You're simply wrong and you calling me ignorant and annoying doesn't change that.

I'm not wrong. I check the standings daily. They were in 7th. We've had this argument several times and people proved you wrong. But hey, you know everything.

RockStar36
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
I don't care how much you know. It doesn't matter if you can state the stats for every team and player off the top of your head like Rainman. Your thoughts that cannot be objectively proven are not facts, by definition. Get over yourself.

I should tell you the same thing. It's your way or the highway and everybody else sees it. Even when you're proven wrong, you're still not wrong.

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm not wrong. I check the standings daily. They were in 7th. We've had this argument several times and people proved you wrong. But hey, you know everything.

We were in 7th at the exact time we had that conversation. For WEEKS before that we were mostly in 8th. No one EVER proved me wrong on that, because I'm not wrong.

And don't accuse me of claiming to know everything when you consider your own opinions to be facts.

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I should tell you the same thing. It's your way or the highway and everybody else sees it. Even when you're proven wrong, you're still not wrong.

except I wasn't proven wrong. You saying I was proven wrong doesn't make it so.

Oh wait- yes it does. Your opinions are facts.

RockStar36
03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
except I wasn't proven wrong. You saying I was proven wrong doesn't make it so.

Oh wait- yes it does. Your opinions are facts.

Sorry, I wasn't posting to prove you wrong. I wish I could show you, but they were in 7th for a solid 2-3 weeks straight.

chernobylwraiths
03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm with Op on this. Fact, they were in a playoff spot. That is where it ends. I watch games too, and they at times were playing like a playoff team, and at others they weren't, even WITH Vanek and Miller.