PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Buffalo now is looked at as less desireable than Cincinnati" thread

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 12:45 PM
One Bills Drive -- you suck!!! The BENGALS are now looked at as a team someone would rather play for. THE BENGALS!

What a joke of a franchise.

Jon

ddaryl
03-04-2009, 12:47 PM
the Bengals are going to offer more money ... this is a money issue.. I'm pretty sure Coles doesn't want otplay for the Bengals as much as the Bills but will go to whoever gives him the most guarenteed money.

Nighthawk
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
the Bengals are going to offer more money ... this is a money issue.. I'm pretty sure Coles doesn't want otplay for the Bengals as much as the Bills but will go to whoever gives him the most guarenteed money.

Maybe true, maybe not. I think you have to factor in that he gets to play with a better QB in Cincy.

Patrick76777
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
You should rename the thread.

Message Board Bills Fans are HUGE Crybabies!

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Please. The Bills are cheap, the team sucks, and everybody knows it. We used to be able to pluck away players from the Bengals and out manuver them always. The only reason Coles didn't sign with Buffalo was because he didn't want to play for them. And I can't blame him.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
One Bills Drive -- you suck!!! The BENGALS are now looked at as a team someone would rather play for. THE BENGALS!

What a joke of a franchise.

Jon
They offered more money. Why is this so hard. We offer more money he would be a Bill.

patmoran2006
Over-reaction? Yes

Valid Point? Yes

I am interested in seeing contract details if this is official. If its near TJ money, I say screw Coles.

But if its like a 3 year deal for around $20 million, we're cowards for not getting this guy.

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 12:51 PM

we have a ton of cap space (especially after the Dock cut) and millions of dollars from Toronto. Money should never be the issue.

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 12:51 PM
You should rename the thread.

Message Board Bills Fans are HUGE Crybabies!
LOL!!!!

:bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2: :bf1: :hi5: :thurm2:

justasportsfan
03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
is it time to start a ," it's more desirable to be a bengals fan than a bills fan." thread?

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
They offered more money. Why is this so hard. We offer more money he would be a Bill.

again: cap space and Toronto money. MOney should not be an issue for this team this year.

justasportsfan
03-04-2009, 12:53 PM
we have a ton of cap space (especially after the Dock cut) and millions of dollars from Toronto. Money should never be the issue.
maybe they don't want to pay him more than he's worth. Even MIami didn't bother texting him.

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 12:53 PM
again: cap space and Toronto money. MOney should not be an issue for this team this year.
That isn't my point. Point is it is all about MONEY. Not the team/city in particular for most cases.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 12:54 PM

Bingo! Nobody wants to come here. Are you telling me the Bills couldn't outbid and outmanuver Cincinnati? The same team that lost the player that has had the most receptions over the last 4 seasons in the NFL a few days ago? Why would they offer Coles a monster contract?

I agree with Pat, let's see the numbers. If the numbers are close to what Pat picked up that the Bills offered, then a firing squad needs to be put together for One Bills Drive.

As Op said (Op, I am about to become your biggest ally), money should not be an issue. The Bills have the money available, and need upgrades. Heck, Ralph Wilson said the Bills need upgrades, ON OFFENSE. WTF?

Jon

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
That isn't my point. Point is it is all about MONEY. Not the team/city in particular for most cases.

That is an ignorant statement. Look back on it. The only players the Bills pick up are 1) players that come from equal or less desireable markets (Cincinnati, Detroit, Cleveland, St. Louis, arguably Jacksonville -- Marcus Stroud via trade, Takeo Spikes, Kevin Jones fit this description); 2) players that nobody else wants (Cato June, Robert Royal fit this description).

Yes, money is a huge object. Maybe even the biggest object. But city and quality of life are up there. I like Buffalo. Some small market teams thrive, but that's because the franchise goes above and beyond to try to win. Pittsburgh and Green Bay fit this description.

Buffalo now has the reputation of being a low-key, small market team that is run horribly and now apparently has a worse reputation than Cincinnati. It's why guys like Toomer (who, by the way, was average at best 2-3 years ago) won't even visit Buffalo. Why go from the Big Apple to a small town whose team is pathetic?

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 01:03 PM
That is an ignorant statement. Look back on it. The only players the Bills pick up are 1) players that come from equal or less desireable markets (Cincinnati, Detroit, Cleveland, St. Louis, arguably Jacksonville -- Marcus Stroud via trade, Takeo Spikes, Kevin Jones fit this description); 2) players that nobody else wants (Cato June, Robert Royal fit this description).

Yes, money is a huge object. Maybe even the biggest object. But city and quality of life are up there. I like Buffalo. Some small market teams thrive, but that's because the franchise goes above and beyond to try to win. Pittsburgh and Green Bay fit this description.

Buffalo now has the reputation of being a low-key, small market team that is run horribly and now apparently has a worse reputation than Cincinnati. It's why guys like Toomer (who, by the way, was average at best 2-3 years ago) won't even visit Buffalo. Why go from the Big Apple to a small town whose team is pathetic?

Jon
THIS is an Ignorant statement.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:05 PM
What desireable free agent have the Bills lured to Buffalo in the past five years that was from a more desireable/larger market than Buffalo?

Name one. Please!

Jon

FlyingDutchman
03-04-2009, 01:07 PM

the dock release didnt really free up much this year

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 01:07 PM
LOL
Kawicka Mitchell....

casdhf
03-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Coles would play for the Argos if they paid the most.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:09 PM
An average linebacker? I didn't see the Giants or anyone else lining up for this guy...

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
Coles would play for the Argos if they paid the most.
WOOOOORD my brother.

THATHURMANATOR
An average linebacker? I didn't see the Giants or anyone else lining up for this guy...

Jon
You are something.... :poop:

casdhf
03-04-2009, 01:10 PM
I like mudflap, but he clearly has accidently put 2 tampons in today.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:11 PM
He's average. He made some nice plays last year, but he was caught out of position, burnt, and missed a lot of big tackles as well.

You're wrong. It's okay to admit it.

The Argos comment was funny. I bet the Bills couldn't outduel the Argos toe-to-toe right now on a deal. They certainly can't outduel the Bengals.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 01:11 PM
This is certainly an emotional "time of the month" for him.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM

I appreciate the half-comment, half-barb. I think I snapped as a fan today. I really do. It'll happen to you guys one day also.

We've all been holding out hopes for Coles for the last several days, a past-his-prime, possibly above average WR who could play the No. 2 spot for the Bills. Ralph Wilson (a Hall of Famer no less) said that the team needed to upgrade, particularly on offense. The Bengals lost their best player because they got outbid by Seattle. Now they outmanuvered the Bills for Coles apparently? Yes, my feathers are ruffled. The Bills can't beat the Bengals to the punch on a player that wasn't that great to begin with but everyone sorely wanted to see on the team. It's pathetic.

I'm going to have a long discussion about this tonight after work with my good friend John Daniels...

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
He's average. He made some nice plays last year, but he was caught out of position, burnt, and missed a lot of big tackles as well.

You're wrong. It's okay to admit it.

The Argos comment was funny. I bet the Bills couldn't outduel the Argos toe-to-toe right now on a deal. They certainly can't outduel the Bengals.

Jon
You are wrong and it is OK for you to admit it. We will accept your apology

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 01:15 PM
I appreciate the half-comment, half-barb. I think I snapped as a fan today. I really do. It'll happen to you guys one day also.

We've all been holding out hopes for Coles for the last several days, a past-his-prime, possibly above average WR who could play the No. 2 spot for the Bills. Ralph Wilson (a Hall of Famer no less) said that the team needed to upgrade, particularly on offense. The Bengals lost their best player because they got outbid by Seattle. Now they outmanuvered the Bills for Coles apparently? Yes, my feathers are ruffled. The Bills can't beat the Bengals to the punch on a player that wasn't that great to begin with but everyone sorely wanted to see on the team. It's pathetic.

I'm going to have a long discussion about this tonight after work with my good friend John Daniels...

Jon
I will never snap as a fan. It is impossible. I will continue my 7 year home game attendance streak right up until I die or the Bills no longer exist!

YAY ME.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
You are wrong and it is OK for you to admit it. We will accept your apology

Never! (dodging butterfly net)

Jon

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:18 PM
I will never snap as a fan. It is impossible. I will continue my 7 year home game attendance streak right up until I die or the Bills no longer exist!

YAY ME.

Right up until the time Ralph dies and the team is sold to L.A. and they move 5 minutes from me in the new stadium...

(Which won't make me happy either)

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Jon Trust me you will feel better if you do!

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Right up until the time Ralph dies and the team is sold to L.A. and they move 5 minutes from me in the new stadium...

(Which won't make me happy either)

Jon
Jon in that scenario I hope the stadium explodes and takes out everything within a 5 minute radius minus you of course.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:20 PM
I appreciate the warm thoughts...

Jon

casdhf
03-04-2009, 01:30 PM
flap, just because we can out bid another team, doesn't mean we should. Sure we could hire the mercenary for $10 million, but why? He won't win us any more games than a guy like Toomer would.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:32 PM
flap, just because we can out bid another team, doesn't mean we should. Sure we could hire the mercenary for $10 million, but why? He won't win us any more games than a guy like Toomer would.

Toomer is way past his prime. I posted his stats in the Wed. FA thread. Coles is still a bit better than him.

The point is... let's see what the final contract terms are. If they are close to 3 years 20 mill, the Bills totally suck, are frauds masquerading as NFL-caliber professionals, and should all immediately be fired, because lowly Cincinnati out-manuevered us. If Cincy offered him a ransom so be it... but if the Bengals were willing to offer Coles a ransom, why didn't they offer it to Houshmanzadeh, who has the most receptions in the NFL over the past 4 seasons?

Jon

casdhf
03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Toomer is way past his prime. I posted his stats in the Wed. FA thread. Coles is still a bit better than him.

The point is... let's see what the final contract terms are.
Jon Flap, thats my point ... you are the one flipping out.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Yes, because since the tail end of last season up through right now... it has occurred to me that the Buffalo Bills will never be a good football team again. They are the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL: cheap, bad management, let all of their homegrown good players go, sign also-rans, and ultimately, suck on the field.

Jon

casdhf
03-04-2009, 01:47 PM
if he signs for 3 years, 30 mill, you will feel like a ******. If he signs 3 for 12, I will.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:55 PM
if he signs for 3 years, 30 mill, you will feel like a ******. If he signs 3 for 12, I will.

Fair enough. Although either way, I think this team is badly mismanaged and is pathetic as a whole.

casdhf
03-04-2009, 03:44 PM
bump

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 04:05 PM
bump

Well, he didn't sign for $4 mill per year and he didn't sign for $10 mill per year, he signed for $7 mill per year and we offered $6 mill. So it's all kind of gray (at least until we see details with the guarantees), but the Bills weren't that far off. I'm curious to see if there are roster bonuses or how concrete that 4th year is.

Jon

tat2dmike77
03-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Four years 28 Mill if he doesn't catch 90+ balls and is a Pro Bowl receiver here then all of you who are *****ing now would be *****ing at the end of the year saying See Buffalo always overpays for players.

Four years at 28 Mill is not money for Coles he just wanted to get paid and went to the highest bidder. Stop over reacting like a bunch of five year olds

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Four years 28 Mill if he doesn't catch 90+ balls and is a Pro Bowl receiver here then all of you who are *****ing now would be *****ing at the end of the year saying See Buffalo always overpays for players.

Four years at 28 Mill is not money for Coles he just wanted to get paid and went to the highest bidder. Stop over reacting like a bunch of five year olds

What's your solution Mr. Six-Year Old?

Jon

psubills62
03-04-2009, 08:56 PM

It's an issue because they want decent value for their money. Because fans will complain that they overpaid Coles or whoever else they give money to.

topher180
03-04-2009, 09:10 PM

Jon

LOL! Zing!

It would've been nice to land someone who more than 5 people have actually heard of on this roster. Coles has some productivity left and I think we all agree.

That said, I think it is short sighted to say that his decision WAS NOT a combination of both the team itself and the pay day. First of all, we don't know what's in dude's head. But you gotta think if he really wanted to play in Buffalo he wouldn't have pinged other teams AS MUCH as he did. I know it is wise to shop around, but c'mon. He wasn't jumping out of his chair to be a Bill.

I also love this attitude of "oh yeah, love to have him" until he signs elsewhere. Then it's "ef him, he's old, his production is slowed, blah, blah, blah" Only in Bills country!

tat2dmike77
03-04-2009, 09:10 PM

Jon

Well first it would be to clean the sand out of your vag. Then it would be for you too not responed with name calling.

The solution is that the draft is heavy with WR this year. Why overpay a 31 y/o receiver on the twilight of his career when you can either pick one up with the 11th pick (Maclin) or you can get one in the second round who will be as much as a play maker. The Bills not wanting to get into a bidding war with cincy says to me they will will look at drafting a WR in the first round.

Just because the money is there you don't throw it around. When you buy a car do you buy the first one you see because you can? No you get the best deal. Cincy needs a WR alot more then the Bills do (some of you forget that Johnson is going to be a good WR) So Cincy was prepared to offer what they offered to TJ to the next WR that came thier way. And let me tell you Cincy is no better as far as quality of life than Buffalo. I have been there and it sucks it's boring there is nothing to do. Coles wanted to be paid alot of money and Cincy jumped on board and said here ya go.

If Coles would of signed here for that money and didn't make the Pro Bowl most of you would be right here saying "See the Bills overpay players". It never stops with you people. You want to spend the money but as soon as they don't live up to the expectations you ***** about the money being spent.

topher180
03-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Well first it would be to clean the sand out of your vag. Then it would be for you too not responed with name calling.

The solution is that the draft is heavy with WR this year. Why overpay a 31 y/o receiver on the twilight of his career when you can either pick one up with the 11th pick (Maclin) or you can get one in the second round who will be as much as a play maker. The Bills not wanting to get into a bidding war with cincy says to me they will will look at drafting a WR in the first round.

Just because the money is there you don't throw it around. When you buy a car do you buy the first one you see because you can? No you get the best deal. Cincy needs a WR alot more then the Bills do (some of you forget that Johnson is going to be a good WR) So Cincy was prepared to offer what they offered to TJ to the next WR that came thier way. And let me tell you Cincy is no better as far as quality of life than Buffalo. I have been there and it sucks it's boring there is nothing to do. Coles wanted to be paid alot of money and Cincy jumped on board and said here ya go.

If Coles would of signed here for that money and didn't make the Pro Bowl most of you would be right here saying "See the Bills overpay players". It never stops with you people. You want to spend the money but as soon as they don't live up to the expectations you ***** about the money being spent.

First, how does more name calling make name calling okay? No need.

Your argument about drafting....so you want another Hardy? Yeah he's a stud. Drafting is way more of a craps hoot than a vet WR. Plus your argument isn't valid since a first round WR will garners a sizable amount of guaranteed money anyhow.

As far as your second point, maybe now is the time to throw a little money around. Clearly the game plan thus far hasn't worked. When there have been big signings, they generally haven't panned out recently. Look no further than Dockery.

Finally, people ***** because they are tired of being loyal and getting S*** on with mediocre teams who squeak out 7 wins a year and with a FO that makes head scratching moves. Frankly, you are equally as mixed up as many of the people you complain about.

tat2dmike77
03-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah i guess Maclin will suck won't he?

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm all for drafting a stud WR like Crabtree and Maclin... and if that has been the plan all along, that's fine (I'll believe it when I see it, but it's possible, didn't someone say recently that the Bills won't pay a WR more than Evans??? If not, it sounds exactly like a policy they would adopt, doesn't it?)... but what about the rest of the team? My question wasn't directed at No. 2 WR. That can be filled. However, there is no offensive line depth right now, Chambers is the starting LG, Hanglider (career backup ala Fowler, Whittle, Preston) is the starting C, and there are virtually no backups. Lynch (arguably best player on offense) is almost guaranteed to get suspended, if not traded. There are no pass rushing DE's, 2 out of 3 of the linebackers SUCK, the 3rd linebacker is average (maybe slightly above average), and the safeties can't cover anybody. Oh yeah, the coaching staff is a collection of bargain-basement castoffs. Other than that, the team is in great shape.

What's the solution for all of that?

Lastly, eye for an eye baby. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Nothing personal, but you fired the first scud.

Jon

SeatownBillsFan21
03-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Yeah i guess Maclin will suck won't he?
the thing is we are not going to Draft a WR that will have the kind of impact that Coles or some other FA WR that is worth a S*** would have

Mudflap1
03-05-2009, 12:15 AM
the thing is we are not going to Draft a WR that will have the kind of impact that Coles or some other FA WR that is worth a S*** would have

And, the more I think about it... I don't think the Bills will draft a WR in the 1st round and pay him more than Evans.

Jon