Time is ticking and this organization is running out of time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Time is ticking and this organization is running out of time.

Not improving this roster will seal the fate of this team this year and we will once again be watching the playoffs from the outside. Why doesn't this organization understand that this team isn't good enough right now? I hope when I get home tonight from work that I see they actually did something and not just overpaying for another player of their own. Fingers are crossed!
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Time is ticking and this organization is running out of time.

Be specific. What moves, who are they moving, how does it affect the cap next year?

D & S Sports

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

I fully believe they have made all the moves they are going to make today.

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Jesus, it's only 2:00
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
          Jesus, it's only 2:00
          Deadline ends at 3:00pm.
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

I know ... they have a whole 30 minutes!
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

i dont see us doin anything else, neither did Nick mendola, Kevin Adams, Schop and the Bull Dog, Paul Hamilton on WGR
              this organization is a master of munipulation
              Connoly is the big move (sad)
              and a backup goalie
              then they will say we are happy with our roster and wait till offseason to address other needs blah blah blah
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

LOL!

Oh the joy of being a Buffalo sports fan... nothing but pain these days

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

I love the callers on WGR. They are getting ripped to shreds for being ******ed. Sounds like half this board.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    Not improving this roster will seal the fate of this team this year and we will once again be watching the playoffs from the outside. Why doesn't this organization understand that this team isn't good enough right now? I hope when I get home tonight from work that I see they actually did something and not just overpaying for another player of their own. Fingers are crossed!
                    You know, people on this site in both the BZ and the SZ get on me for being negative, but it's situations like this that have made me so negative.

It's FA for the Bills and trade deadline for the Sabres. The Bills have been perfectly mediocre for 3 years. The Sabres finished out of the playoffs last year and are flirting with doing so again. Both teams always take the safe/cheap route and refuse to make bold moves that may help the team win. Certainly throwing money around isn't always the answer, but doing nothing is never the answer.

I don't expect either of these teams to make moves because they never do. Yet, I wake up hoping against the odds to see that something has changed and a move has been made. Yet, it never changes. Nothing is ever different. These teams stick with the same mediocre players and make the same kinds of mediocre moves, then act surprised when they get the same mediocre results. It's maddening.

Bold moves don't guarantee success, but they at least provide a reason for hope and excitement. As a rational person, it's difficult to get excited about the prospect for either of these teams when they look EXACTLY the same as their previous incarnations that have failed so miserably.

These two garbage franchises have practically sucked all the fun out of sports for me. They can't even provide a reason to hope things will improve anymore.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                      then they will say we are happy with our roster and wait till offseason to address other needs blah blah blah
                      it'll be a short wait because 6 weeks from now, this team will be carrying around golf clubs instead of hockey bags.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• snow1989
                        • Sep 2003

I'm surprised they haven't moved more...I was looking for Max and Kotalik to go in a package. I would have taken picks for the sheer fact both seem dead in the water these days, although Max has been known to hit a hot streak. I think they paid too much for Connelly with his history...he's just not on the ice long enough. I would have thought a defensive move might have been in order too *shrug*
                        Last edited by snow1989; 03-04-2009, 01:46 PM.
                        I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by snow1989
                          I'm surprised they haven't moved more...I was looking for Max and Kotalik to go in a package. I would have taken picks for the sheer fact both seem dead in the water these days, although Max has been known to hit a hot streak. I think they paid too much for Connelly with his history...he's just not on the ice long enough. I would have thought a defensive move might have been in order too *shrug*
                          I wished they would have moved Max too but I think the secret is out. Everyone knows he's useless and no one wants him.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            You know, people on this site in both the BZ and the SZ get on me for being negative, but it's situations like this that have made me so negative.

It's FA for the Bills and trade deadline for the Sabres. The Bills have been perfectly mediocre for 3 years. The Sabres finished out of the playoffs last year and are flirting with doing so again. Both teams always take the safe/cheap route and refuse to make bold moves that may help the team win. Certainly throwing money around isn't always the answer, but doing nothing is never the answer.

I don't expect either of these teams to make moves because they never do. Yet, I wake up hoping against the odds to see that something has changed and a move has been made. Yet, it never changes. Nothing is ever different. These teams stick with the same mediocre players and make the same kinds of mediocre moves, then act surprised when they get the same mediocre results. It's maddening.

Bold moves don't guarantee success, but they at least provide a reason for hope and excitement. As a rational person, it's difficult to get excited about the prospect for either of these teams when they look EXACTLY the same as their previous incarnations that have failed so miserably.

These two garbage franchises have practically sucked all the fun out of sports for me. They can't even provide a reason to hope things will improve anymore.
                            Couldnt agree more Op
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• snow1989
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              I wished they would have moved Max too but I think the secret is out. Everyone knows he's useless and no one wants him.
                              I don't know if I'd go as far as useless...he's simply a weak two way player, but I think the biggest factor against him is that he improvises too much. Might work with Crosby or Ovechkin next to you, but not many others.
                              I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

Working...
                              X