PDA

View Full Version : We May Not Have the Worst Team, but we got the worst website for sure

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Assuming Coles is to Cinci.. Following it makes me realize how freegin AWFUL and useless the Bills website is.

go to bengals.com. They actually have STORIES, Rumors, and in depth stuff on there.

Coles isnt even signed yet, and they are writing about it..

With bills.com, freegin a guy has to be standing there holding a Bills jersey on the podium before Chris Brown will confirm it.

LOL, hypothetically if the Bills signed Coles right this second, there woudl be 9 threads about it, it would be on scout.com, pft, espn and everywhere.

ANd then we'd have this thread from Brown at BB.com
"Bills to sign Coles?"

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
LOL!!!!

The Spaz
03-04-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry but I would rather have facts on an official site rather than rumors and speculation.

cocamide
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm sorry but I would rather have facts on an official site rather than rumors and speculation.

Thank you! If Chris Brown would have reported that Coles was signed last night (which was the prevailing rumor around these parts), and then we found out the Coles wasn't signed, we'd have about 10 threads saying how horrible of a reporter Chris Brown is because he doesn't check his facts. There's already tons of places to go for unsubstantiated rumors, why should we get the same at bb.com?

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Thank you! If Chris Brown would have reported that Coles was signed last night (which was the prevailing rumor around these parts), and then we found out the Coles wasn't signed, we'd have about 10 threads saying how horrible of a reporter Chris Brown is because he doesn't check his facts. There's already tons of places to go for unsubstantiated rumors, why should we get the same at bb.com?
I'm not talking about "rumors"-- rumors to me are a player has been signed, or a trade has been made.

I'm talking about developments. Developments are this player is in Buffalo for a visit. Or the Bills have talked to this team and/or this player.

The Spaz
03-04-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm not talking about "rumors"-- rumors to me are a player has been signed, or a trade has been made.

I'm talking about developments. Developments are this player is in Buffalo for a visit. Or the Bills have talked to this team and/or this player.

Well you have "rumors" in your post.

cocamide
03-04-2009, 01:22 PM

Is it possible that the Bills wouldn't want to divulge that sort of information? Either that, or you're right and the Bills website does suck at keeping us updated on the latest happenings.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Is it possible that the Bills wouldn't want to divulge that sort of information? Either that, or you're right and the Bills website does suck at keeping us updated on the latest happenings.
It's both.

raphael120
03-04-2009, 01:44 PM
We all know about how the Bills treat there fans as far as information comes. It took them 2 months for them to finally announce they resigned Jauron.

venis2k1
03-04-2009, 01:46 PM
We all know about how the Bills treat there fans as far as information comes. It took them 2 months for them to finally announce they resigned Jauron.

wait....we resigned Jauron?? :D:

Buddo
03-05-2009, 06:06 AM
I think my only major gripe with it, being as it is the Official site, is that they could release the news of signings etc. sooner. They always seem to be the amount of time behind that it takes to set up the presser etc. In this day and age, I have a fair measure of sympathy with the approach that says not until the deal is actually signed, do you release the news, but at that moment, you can tell the world. Not another couple of hours after.

mybills
03-05-2009, 06:53 AM
Ralph still has them using telegrams by horse back.

Mr. Pink
03-05-2009, 07:11 AM
I dunno Pat...

The Browns main site has no stories on it's homepage about visits at all.

No information that Royal has signed.

The top story is about corners at the draft.

And in their top 5 stories, the 5th is about Josh Cribbs, a story written 2/22.