• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Love to see OBD original plan vs. how its actually playing out

Seems to me that the Bills front office still lived under the impression that free agents view the Bills as a middle of the pack team that can get better. But the league consensus amongst the players is that the coaches and the front office are bumbling idiots and have no long term viability. So unless they deal a ton of cash out, it's not worth it because they simply can not win.

i wonder if this is actually humbling the front office and pressuring them into getting rid of Jauron sooner than later.

At this point it seems that unless the Bills experience a total renaissance next year, keeping Jauron will create the exact same situation.

Maybe this offseason will put their idiotic moves into perspective when they have no players and no fans in the stands.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Love to see OBD original plan vs. how its actually playing out

The bottom line is if you really want to improve your team, you have to spend the money, and til this point, we're not.

A guy like Jason Brown or Matt Birk, overpay for him.. You need a great center in this division with the NT's we have to go against.

I wouldnt have paid 28m for Coles either if Im Buffalo, but find someone worthy.

Sorry, its gotten to a point people are excited about Cato June.. Cato June won't be the answer.. Better than Ellison? Yes, but that's not good enough.

Look at how much the Giants improved their front seven? Look at how the Jets improved their defense already.

The Bills had like the 6th most cap room, and this was before we released Dockery and Royal.

Mid Level, 2nd Tier FA's isnt going to get it done, and the reason is we simply do NOT draft good enough.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

someone needs to do the analysis of what the cost is for paying a lot for a stellar GM/Coach and the savings that good players take to play for winners vs the curent bills model.

We are offering coles, a guy in his twilight mm of dollars. We are offering the dockery's of the world exorbinant sums to play average or subaverage. The whole team consists of these bums. And once we sign them, they are unmoveable because no other team in their right mind wants Roscoe "the punt returner" for $3MM a year, or Chris "i sometimes make a difference" Kelsay for $25MM.

Ralph is going to die a loser. And its really a shame because he never even tried in the last 10 years. He just let other people try and do the work and he just wanted to save his family some money.

A truly awful story.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

In both sports, Buffalo is all about mid-level, second tier. Just change the name of the city to Midlevelsecondtieralo.
        Like I've said before, sometimes I wish we just had minor-league teams that could actually contend for championships.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• tat2dmike77
          Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
          • Dec 2005

I'm really starting to think that most Bills/Sabres fans are not happy unless thier *****ing about something.

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
            I'm really starting to think that most Bills/Sabres fans are not happy unless thier *****ing about something.
            What exactly is there to be happy about with being a Bills fan this decade?

Jon

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
              In that case, the Bills and Sabres give us lots and lots to be happy about!!

Between the two teams, they've had two playoff appearances in 15 seasons!! YYEEEAAAHHH!! Happy happy!!
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

But the league consensus amongst the players...
                I would like to see that survey.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  s

Ralph is going to die a loser. And its really a shame because he never even tried in the last 10 years. He just let other people try and do the work and he just wanted to save his family some money.

A truly awful story.
                  Great discussion . ...But .How is Ralph going to die a loser? He's turned an investment of thousands into millions and recently got into the HoF.
                  I don't think he considers himself a loser, but have to wonder how many Bills fans are getting pissed off for spending plenty of $$$$ on the Bills and getting pissed on for years now.
                  We all like to remember the glory days of the 90's . Were those teams planned or was it pure luck all that talent hit town at the same time? hell!!! A broken watch is right twice a day!
                  Ralph is a business man, I'm sure his house isn't going into foreclosure and his families heatlh insurance is paid up. He's a loser ?
                  lol not likely! He's laughin all the way to the bank!

The Bills need people running the operation who KNOW what they're doing!

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Something tells me this was their original plan....

1. Extend LT Jason Peters long term.
                    2. Re-sign CB Jabari Greer, so they can let McGee walk next year.
                    3. Sign WR Laveranues Coles
                    4. Sign TE Owen Daniels
                    5. Sign LG Kendall Simmons
                    6. Sign LB Cato June
                    7. Sign C Geoff Hangartner

Go into the draft and get a speedy pass rusher, and then the best available players.

If they did this, Bills fans would have been much happier. The holes would have been filled and upgraded as most positions, plus we could have spent our cap money.

I'm betting there are two reasons why this didn't happen. First, the Bills tried lowballing the players and pissed them off. Then the players didn't really want to come here to a loser team, especially when the coach is a lame duck and so is the front office.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Who's the last big-time player who chose to come here?

Dockery was paid like one but he obviously wasn't.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• tatersalad
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Philagape
                        Who's the last big-time player who chose to come here?

Dockery was paid like one but he obviously wasn't.
                        TKO

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2
                          Great discussion . ...But .How is Ralph going to die a loser? He's turned an investment of thousands into millions and recently got into the HoF.
                          I don't think he considers himself a loser, but have to wonder how many Bills fans are getting pissed off for spending plenty of $$$$ on the Bills and getting pissed on for years now.
                          We all like to remember the glory days of the 90's . Were those teams planned or was it pure luck all that talent hit town at the same time? hell!!! A broken watch is right twice a day!
                          Ralph is a business man, I'm sure his house isn't going into foreclosure and his families heatlh insurance is paid up. He's a loser ?
                          lol not likely! He's laughin all the way to the bank!

The Bills need people running the operation who KNOW what they're doing!
                          there are two levels to define success. there are plenty of millionaire/billionaire people out there right now, who were utter failures at what they were doing.

Would you rather be one of those guys or one of the guys who made a lot of money and put out a great product? this starts to get into a morality debate, but for me, i'd want to be successful and rich. Ralph's total lack of football knowledge and his inability to let others run the shots has been his downfall.

He fell backasswards into polian...got into a tift with him and canned him after the best run imaginable. Then less than 10 years later, did the exact same thing with butler. Unable to learn from your mistakes is a good definition of being ******ed.

Ralph's legacy will always be that of being a miser who just wanted cash to support his family, but no brainpower to put out a championship team.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by yordad
                            I would like to see that survey.
                            perhaps i exaggerated...but my point is that it seems that this free agency is showing us that players are simply using the bills as a spring board for better offers.

in the banking industry, pre-collapse, there were banks that would offer extra money because they were complete disasters internally. and people would occassionally take it, but most knew that once you went there, you could rarely move to a better place. So most people would go and get an offer and get their place to counteroffer. the bills are the same type of employer.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              Ralph's legacy will always be that of being a miser who just wanted cash to support his family, but no brainpower to put out a championship team.
                              Now on this point ....you and I agree. !!!!

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

Working...
                              X