X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

I need some of that Kool-Aid!

Seriously! I am usually as optimistic as they come for the Buffalo Bills, but I am depressed right now. It looks like what a lot of people are saying is right...with Buffalo being a loser for the last 9 years and having a lame duck coach that none of us wants, plus the fact that their front office is a joke, no player wants to come here. It's so obvious now and the Bills aren't even willing to overpay like they used to do. They are trying to fill some major holes cheaply.

We started out the offseason with major holes at C, LG, LB, SS, Backup QB, TE, pass rushing DE and even a CB. Sure we filled the C, QB, and CB. But we still have some really big holes to fill. Why isn't Cato June already locked up? They should offer him what he wants and sign him long term. He's a perfect fit here and would replace Ellison easily.

I was really sold on Laveranues Coles in a Buffalo Bills uniform and thought he would love to come here and play against the Jets and Dolphins twice a year to stick it to them. I really thought that they would up their offer a bit and overpay to get him. Now what are they going to do? They better not stand pat! Bring in Holt, offer him a contract that he likes. Bring in Marvin Harrison!

What about a LG? We brought in Simmons and that's it! Are you serious? There's no way we are honestly thinking about having Chambers be the starter. If so, then Russ Brandon is a moron! Oh and don't forget TE. I'm sure we will draft one and a DE, but why can't we trade for one of the available ones? Scheffler would be good for us. So would Daniels.

What the hell are we doing with all this cap money and cash to the cap money? Especially now that we let Greer walk. WTF! I'm sorry, but today has just ruined what was shaping up to be a promising week if locked up Coles. But now that we didn't and now that there doesn't seem much else out there...what's the point?
    Last edited by Michael82; 03-04-2009, 06:40 PM.
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: I need some of that Kool-Aid!

Originally posted by Mikey82
    Seriously! I am usually as optimistic as they come for the Buffalo Bills, but I am depressed right now. It looks like what a lot of people are saying is right...with Buffalo being a loser for the last 9 years and having a lame duck coach that none of us wants, plus the fact that their front office is a joke, no player wants to come here. It's so obvious now and the Bills aren't even willing to overpay like they used to do. They are trying to fill some major holes cheaply.

We started out the offseason with major holes at C, LG, LB, SS, Backup QB, TE, pass rushing DE and even a CB. Sure we filled the C, QB, and CB. But we still have some really big holes to fill. Why isn't Cato June already locked up? They should offer him what he wants and sign him long term. He's a perfect fit here and would replace Ellison easily.

I was really sold on Laveranues Coles in a Buffalo Bills uniform and thought he would love to come here and play against the Jets and Dolphins twice a year to stick it to them. I really thought that they would up their offer a bit and overpay to get him. Now what are they going to do? They better not stand pat! Bring in Holt, offer him a contract that he likes. Bring in Marvin Harrison!

What about a LG? We brought in Simmons and that's it! Are you serious? There's no way we are honestly thinking about having Chambers be the starter. If so, then Russ Brandon is a moron! Oh and don't forget TE. I'm sure we will draft one and a DE, but why can't we trade for one of the available ones? Scheffler would be good for us. So would Daniels.

What the hell are we doing with all this cap money and cash to the cap money? Especially now that we let Greer walk. WTF! I'm sorry, but today has just ruined what was shaping up to be a promising week if locked up Coles. But now that we didn't and now that there doesn't seem much else out there...what's the point?
    Step over to the dark side Mikey and join La Resistance... the Bills are abusing their fans!

Jon

Comment

• Lone Stranger
      • Sep 2002

What is disconcerting is that the Bills are bringing in all these players and are not signing them. Just what their plan is is a mystery. My guess is that whomever they can get on the cheap they will sign. There doesn't seem to be any other method to their madness.

Bring in a bunch of bums and hope that a few of them can excell. Unfortunately they've tried that in the past and it hasn't worked very well.

I'd be curious as to who is really in charge. Seems that haven't learned from their past mistakes.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by fmr60
        Bring in a bunch of bums and hope that a few of them can excell.
        yup, you just described the Buffalo Bills plan....

Comment

• seanbillsfan
          • May 2007

moving a franchise to another city isnt very cheap ya know, they gotta cut corners to save money

Comment

• tatersalad
            • Apr 2008

Well I am glad they didn't sign Coles (wrong side of 30) and simmons is a yr removed from a serious injury, just curious because you heard of them does that make a good signing? I can equate cato june to Coy Wire same player do you want him back?? Coles is Reed but at 8mil a yr??? the players everyone targets are the second contract guys 25-29 I just don't get caught up in where they spend the money I wish they would spend it in their scouts cause God knows since Polian left and when butler was a scout. their evaluations SUCK

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

relax Mikey. This team does not need talent. We have a proven coaching staff that can turn turk, i mean turd into gold.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

You know what the main ingredient in the Kool-Aid is this year?

Trent Edwards. Seriously, if he bounces back from his second half/sophomore slump this team could make the playoffs. Its a QB driven league and his play could mask deficiencies in the OL and most of the rest of the team.

Believe in Trent's emergence and you have yourself some Kool-Aid.

(notice the size of the "if")
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Edwards is going to have the same problem he had last year. No one to throw to. Not signing Coles is a big mistake.

Comment

• evol4276
                    • Oct 2005

bengals need a wr much worse than we do after losing TJH yes we could have used him and woulda liked him (still do) he just doesnt really fit what we need

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                      Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Edwards is going to have the same problem he had last year. No one to throw to. Not signing Coles is a big mistake.
                      So was making Edwards the starting QB.

WR's can be drafted and this year the draft class is full of them. Just what would Coles do here? Besides make you happy.

Comment

• billsfanone
                        Majored in Home Economics
                        • Sep 2008

On paper, the Bills are worse now than they were at the end of the season.

Comment

• jpdex12
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Romes
                          You know what the main ingredient in the Kool-Aid is this year?

Trent Edwards. Seriously, if he bounces back from his second half/sophomore slump this team could make the playoffs. Its a QB driven league and his play could mask deficiencies in the OL and most of the rest of the team.

Believe in Trent's emergence and you have yourself some Kool-Aid.

(notice the size of the "if")
                          That's because IF is a big word! Really!
                          Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• jpdex12
                            • Jan 2005

The sad thing is that history has a habit of repeating itself. For us it has been 9 years in a row.
                            Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• topher180
                              • Sep 2008

I'm drinking Kool Aid right now.

Well actually Crystal Lite but it's fantastic.

inĀ·ept
                              Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

Working...
                              X