PDA

View Full Version : I need some of that Kool-Aid!

Michael82
03-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Seriously! I am usually as optimistic as they come for the Buffalo Bills, but I am depressed right now. It looks like what a lot of people are saying is right...with Buffalo being a loser for the last 9 years and having a lame duck coach that none of us wants, plus the fact that their front office is a joke, no player wants to come here. It's so obvious now and the Bills aren't even willing to overpay like they used to do. They are trying to fill some major holes cheaply.

We started out the offseason with major holes at C, LG, LB, SS, Backup QB, TE, pass rushing DE and even a CB. Sure we filled the C, QB, and CB. But we still have some really big holes to fill. Why isn't Cato June already locked up? They should offer him what he wants and sign him long term. He's a perfect fit here and would replace Ellison easily.

I was really sold on Laveranues Coles in a Buffalo Bills uniform and thought he would love to come here and play against the Jets and Dolphins twice a year to stick it to them. I really thought that they would up their offer a bit and overpay to get him. Now what are they going to do? They better not stand pat! Bring in Holt, offer him a contract that he likes. Bring in Marvin Harrison!

What about a LG? We brought in Simmons and that's it! Are you serious? There's no way we are honestly thinking about having Chambers be the starter. If so, then Russ Brandon is a moron! Oh and don't forget TE. I'm sure we will draft one and a DE, but why can't we trade for one of the available ones? Scheffler would be good for us. So would Daniels.

What the hell are we doing with all this cap money and cash to the cap money? Especially now that we let Greer walk. WTF! :mad: I'm sorry, but today has just ruined what was shaping up to be a promising week if locked up Coles. But now that we didn't and now that there doesn't seem much else out there...what's the point? :sigh:

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Seriously! I am usually as optimistic as they come for the Buffalo Bills, but I am depressed right now. It looks like what a lot of people are saying is right...with Buffalo being a loser for the last 9 years and having a lame duck coach that none of us wants, plus the fact that their front office is a joke, no player wants to come here. It's so obvious now and the Bills aren't even willing to overpay like they used to do. They are trying to fill some major holes cheaply.

We started out the offseason with major holes at C, LG, LB, SS, Backup QB, TE, pass rushing DE and even a CB. Sure we filled the C, QB, and CB. But we still have some really big holes to fill. Why isn't Cato June already locked up? They should offer him what he wants and sign him long term. He's a perfect fit here and would replace Ellison easily.

I was really sold on Laveranues Coles in a Buffalo Bills uniform and thought he would love to come here and play against the Jets and Dolphins twice a year to stick it to them. I really thought that they would up their offer a bit and overpay to get him. Now what are they going to do? They better not stand pat! Bring in Holt, offer him a contract that he likes. Bring in Marvin Harrison!

What about a LG? We brought in Simmons and that's it! Are you serious? There's no way we are honestly thinking about having Chambers be the starter. If so, then Russ Brandon is a moron! Oh and don't forget TE. I'm sure we will draft one and a DE, but why can't we trade for one of the available ones? Scheffler would be good for us. So would Daniels.

What the hell are we doing with all this cap money and cash to the cap money? Especially now that we let Greer walk. WTF! :mad: I'm sorry, but today has just ruined what was shaping up to be a promising week if locked up Coles. But now that we didn't and now that there doesn't seem much else out there...what's the point? :sigh:

Step over to the dark side Mikey and join La Resistance... the Bills are abusing their fans!

Jon

Lone Stranger
03-04-2009, 07:03 PM
What is disconcerting is that the Bills are bringing in all these players and are not signing them. Just what their plan is is a mystery. My guess is that whomever they can get on the cheap they will sign. There doesn't seem to be any other method to their madness.

Bring in a bunch of bums and hope that a few of them can excell. Unfortunately they've tried that in the past and it hasn't worked very well.

I'd be curious as to who is really in charge. Seems that haven't learned from their past mistakes.

Michael82
03-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Bring in a bunch of bums and hope that a few of them can excell.

yup, you just described the Buffalo Bills plan.... :ill:

seanbillsfan
03-04-2009, 07:21 PM
moving a franchise to another city isnt very cheap ya know, they gotta cut corners to save money

tatersalad
03-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Well I am glad they didn't sign Coles (wrong side of 30) and simmons is a yr removed from a serious injury, just curious because you heard of them does that make a good signing? I can equate cato june to Coy Wire same player do you want him back?? Coles is Reed but at 8mil a yr??? the players everyone targets are the second contract guys 25-29 I just don't get caught up in where they spend the money I wish they would spend it in their scouts cause God knows since Polian left and when butler was a scout. their evaluations SUCK

justasportsfan
03-04-2009, 07:31 PM
relax Mikey. This team does not need talent. We have a proven coaching staff that can turn turk, i mean turd into gold.

Romes
03-04-2009, 07:50 PM
You know what the main ingredient in the Kool-Aid is this year?

Trent Edwards. Seriously, if he bounces back from his second half/sophomore slump this team could make the playoffs. Its a QB driven league and his play could mask deficiencies in the OL and most of the rest of the team.

Believe in Trent's emergence and you have yourself some Kool-Aid.

(notice the size of the "if")

HHURRICANE
03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Edwards is going to have the same problem he had last year. No one to throw to. Not signing Coles is a big mistake.

evol4276
03-04-2009, 08:15 PM
bengals need a wr much worse than we do after losing TJH yes we could have used him and woulda liked him (still do) he just doesnt really fit what we need

tat2dmike77
03-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Edwards is going to have the same problem he had last year. No one to throw to. Not signing Coles is a big mistake.

So was making Edwards the starting QB.

WR's can be drafted and this year the draft class is full of them. Just what would Coles do here? Besides make you happy.

billsfanone
03-04-2009, 09:23 PM
On paper, the Bills are worse now than they were at the end of the season.

jpdex12
03-04-2009, 09:41 PM

Trent Edwards. Seriously, if he bounces back from his second half/sophomore slump this team could make the playoffs. Its a QB driven league and his play could mask deficiencies in the OL and most of the rest of the team.

That's because IF is a big word! Really!

jpdex12
03-04-2009, 09:42 PM
The sad thing is that history has a habit of repeating itself. For us it has been 9 years in a row.

topher180
03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm drinking Kool Aid right now.

Well actually Crystal Lite but it's fantastic.

Ingtar33
03-05-2009, 12:15 AM

Edwards could be the 2nd coming of Joe Montana... and we won't make the playoffs with this lineup and that schedule we have to play.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-05-2009, 02:35 AM
I'm not prepared to throw in the towel on the season yet. We're not even a full week into free agency, there are a lot of players still out there who can help make this team better, and opening day is still six months away.

Nor am I ready to concede that the team will not ultimately get some deals done with players who can help the team (Has it been reported that C.June has left Buffalo? Remember last year when everyone was so upset about a FA DT being signed and then about not hearing anything about Stroud when, in fact, he was still in town and went to dinner with someone from the team while they were finalizing the details of his contract, which was announced the next day?). The last I heard, the Bills were still negotiating with Foster and June. They have Peterson scheduled for a visit. TO was released and will take some team out of the market for a WR. Holt wants to be released. Waters wants to be traded. Simmons hasn't signed with anyone. Neither has Goff or Kendall (although Washington apparently is interested in bringing Kendall back). Etc., etc., etc.

Fans can and will fall in love with a particular player that they think will help their team. A NFL front office can't afford to and shouldn't--especially when the team has as many holes to fill as the Bills do this offseason and only has so much money to go around (every team has limitations, whether they appear to or not--some have even more limitations than the Bills do, believe it or not). So Coles decided to spurn their offer to sign with Cincy--big deal. Coles isn't and won't be the only veteran WR out there who can potentially help this team and the team needed to add a lot more than Coles (or any other # 2 WR) this offseason.

There are a lot of moves that the Bills can still make, even before the draft, to strengthen their roster. And, they can take a lot of different forms. Some may happen fairly quickly in the free agent market and some might take awhile to happen.

I know everyone (myself included) would like the Bills FO to wave a magic wand and bring in a bunch of players who will give them some hope that the team will be better. It is obvious that the fact that they have not done so has a lot of people angry and upset. But, there are still a lot of things that can happen between now and the opening of training camp that could change the makeup and potential of the team that the Bills will put on the field on Opening Day.

I, for one, am not about to lose my sense of proportion and make judgements about where the team will be going into training camp, let alone on Opening Day, at this point in time. I want to see how things play out between now and then before I jump to any conclusions. I refuse to let myself be drawn into making any premature conclusions by the hysteria and fears of others.

I may not be particularly happy about where the team is now, but that does not mean that I won't feel a lot better about where they are when it really matters. In the meantime, I'm going to give them time to show me what they are going to do. And, one thing that leads me to believe that they may do some things to help this team is the fact that they have brought in some players who can potentially make the team better and they are at least trying to get some of them to sign on with the team. Let's see what they are able to succeed in doing now.

LtFinFan66
03-05-2009, 02:40 AM

What the hell are we doing with all this cap money and cash to the cap money? Especially now that we let Greer walk. WTF! :mad: I'm sorry, but today has just ruined what was shaping up to be a promising week if locked up Coles. But now that we didn't and now that there doesn't seem much else out there...what's the point? :sigh:once again....why would Coles want to stick it to the Dolphins? They didn't do anything to him

Michael82
03-05-2009, 05:03 AM
On paper, the Bills are worse now than they were at the end of the season.
Exactly! And which the same pathetic coaching staff. That's what bothers me. :ill:

Michael82
03-05-2009, 05:04 AM
I'm not prepared to throw in the towel on the season yet. We're not even a full week into free agency, there are a lot of players still out there who can help make this team better, and opening day is still six months away.

Nor am I ready to concede that the team will not ultimately get some deals done with players who can help the team (Has it been reported that C.June has left Buffalo? Remember last year when everyone was so upset about a FA DT being signed and then about not hearing anything about Stroud when, in fact, he was still in town and went to dinner with someone from the team while they were finalizing the details of his contract, which was announced the next day?). The last I heard, the Bills were still negotiating with Foster and June. They have Peterson scheduled for a visit. TO was released and will take some team out of the market for a WR. Holt wants to be released. Waters wants to be traded. Simmons hasn't signed with anyone. Neither has Goff or Kendall (although Washington apparently is interested in bringing Kendall back). Etc., etc., etc.

Fans can and will fall in love with a particular player that they think will help their team. A NFL front office can't afford to and shouldn't--especially when the team has as many holes to fill as the Bills do this offseason and only has so much money to go around (every team has limitations, whether they appear to or not--some have even more limitations than the Bills do, believe it or not). So Coles decided to spurn their offer to sign with Cincy--big deal. Coles isn't and won't be the only veteran WR out there who can potentially help this team and the team needed to add a lot more than Coles (or any other # 2 WR) this offseason.

There are a lot of moves that the Bills can still make, even before the draft, to strengthen their roster. And, they can take a lot of different forms. Some may happen fairly quickly in the free agent market and some might take awhile to happen.

I know everyone (myself included) would like the Bills FO to wave a magic wand and bring in a bunch of players who will give them some hope that the team will be better. It is obvious that the fact that they have not done so has a lot of people angry and upset. But, there are still a lot of things that can happen between now and the opening of training camp that could change the makeup and potential of the team that the Bills will put on the field on Opening Day.

I, for one, am not about to lose my sense of proportion and make judgements about where the team will be going into training camp, let alone on Opening Day, at this point in time. I want to see how things play out between now and then before I jump to any conclusions. I refuse to let myself be drawn into making any premature conclusions by the hysteria and fears of others.

I may not be particularly happy about where the team is now, but that does not mean that I won't feel a lot better about where they are when it really matters. In the meantime, I'm going to give them time to show me what they are going to do. And, one thing that leads me to believe that they may do some things to help this team is the fact that they have brought in some players who can potentially make the team better and they are at least trying to get some of them to sign on with the team. Let's see what they are able to succeed in doing now.
I knew I could count on you to write a novel that would make me feel a bit better. You have quite a few good points, but I'm not going to give the Bills the benefit of the doubt.

Historian
03-05-2009, 05:43 AM
And don't for get the magical 50th anniversary patch, Mike!

It sure looks nice doesn't it?

Michael82
03-05-2009, 05:45 AM
And don't for get the magical 50th anniversary patch, Mike!

It sure looks nice doesn't it?
It's the worst patch they have made. But I'll buy it when I see it on ebay. :up:

Historian
03-05-2009, 05:48 AM
It's tasteful.

And it's going to propel us to a Division Title this yera...I can just feel it.

Players be damned...it's the patch!

Just like in The Natural.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 05:49 AM
It's tasteful.

And it's going to propel us to a Division Title this yera...I can just feel it.

Players be damned...it's the patch!

Just like in The Natural.
I bet you were pissed when they wouldn't sell you the patch without a jersey.... :D

justasportsfan
03-05-2009, 08:17 AM
but I'm not going to give the Bills the benefit of the doubt.

jez ju wheel. Ju be there at camp everyday.

trapezeus
03-05-2009, 08:24 AM
perhaps the bills realize that by keeping jauron, ticket sales were already going to be down. So perhaps they budgeted accordingly.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM
perhaps the bills realize that by keeping jauron, ticket sales were already going to be down. So perhaps they budgeted accordingly.
Could be....

Either way, it looks like the whole Ralph isn't willing to eat Jauron's contract thing will end up costing him more money in ticket sales, box sales, merchandise sales, FA signings than getting rid of him would have..... :ill:

madness
03-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Here's my version of kool-aid although it's more like a shot glass.

1. FA is far from over and Bills are still staying active. Since its start: Fitz>JP, GH>Fowler/Preston, DF>RC/AY

2. Ralph finally broke the trend of firing the whole staff and doing a complete rebuild every 3 years. (will the new standard be every 4?)

3. We are very young team and this is a year were most of our players should show some visible signs of progression.

4. It's definitely a "put up or shut up" season:

Will Jauron finally get this team to play and win consistantly?
If he gets a decent #2 WR and TE, will Trent finally show us he is the face of this franchise?
Will the FO show us that they evaluated the talent correctly and are they competant enough to address areas of obvious need?
Has Marshawn finally learned his lesson and keep "clean" for the rest of the season?
Going into his second year, will Turk blossom into a capable OC?
Can Fewell finally get this defense to do what it's supposed to do? (force turnovers, keep teams in 3rd and longs and actually stop teams on 3rd downs)5. The schedule. The Bills will have to prove themselves against some very good teams and need to go at least .500 in the AFCE to show the world their worth.

I'm excited to see if this team will endure or fold under the pressure of this season. If this team can rise from it's own burnt ashes, it just may be the beginning of something special. After all, success would be against all odds... including their own fans who expect them to fail and fail hard.

raphael120
03-05-2009, 01:37 PM

I dont care how good TE is because we don't have any WR's that get open to throw to.

Commissioner
03-05-2009, 01:53 PM

If Trent had some better coaches, I might believe in his emergence.... but is Turk really going to make him into an elite QB?

Mski
03-05-2009, 01:54 PM
If Trent had some better coaches, I might believe in his emergence.... but is Turk really going to make him into an elite QB? has he made anyone into an eliet qb?

justasportsfan
03-05-2009, 01:55 PM
If Trent had some better coaches, I might believe in his emergence.... but is Turk really going to make him into an elite QB?

Trents was pointing fingers at Turk. Imagine that, a qb in his first year as a starter thinks he knows more more than his OC. One of them has to be right and my money is on Trent.

acehole
03-05-2009, 02:04 PM
I hear you. When they make mistake after mistake...you expect it all the time....hang in we only have to be fans until we die.