PDA

View Full Version : Who won

northernbillfan
03-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Who do you think came ahead on trade day?

I'd say Phoenix did considerably well. They unloaded some contracts and added a lot of youth.

Calgary did very well also.

Edmonton's trade was a considerable improvement regardless of your thoughts on Kotalik.

Who do you think won?

User Manuel
03-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Wins:

Rangers win.... The added two good deadline players and don't commit any cash beyond this season. Should puch them into playoffs.

Coyotes Win ... They added young talent and picks that will continue to help them grow.

Calgary - Rolled the dice and should give them the offense they need to compete with the Detroits of the world. It will be interesting to see how Jokinen reacts to playoff hockey.

Philly - Love Danny Carcillo, think Chris Neal when he was 22. McLaren, if he can find himself is a good low - risk add.

Chicago - Pahlsson a terrific add.

Buffalo - Didn't hurt themselves, but didnt make a decisive move either. i like Moore, moving a spare winger for a quality 3rd line center a great move. Still hate the Connolly signing due to the financial risk.

Losses:

Bruins - overpaid for Recchi.

Leafs - Expected more. Still being strangled by John Fergeson Jr.s bad contracts.

Tampa Bay - Didn't solve any of their problems, could have made an impact yesterday yet stood pat.

Anaheim - I am not sure what they were doing yesterday. Basically gave a way Moen

Draw:

San Jose - got tougher, but not better.

User Manuel
03-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Edmonton - Got the best player in the huge 4 way deal. Patrick O'Sullivan is a dynamic talent, could thrive in Edmonton's system. Getting him for Cole was a very good move.

The Kotalik deal is great even if all he does is score a couple of shootout goals. Plus, he will likely be a bit more motivated than normal, at least short term. good rental.

THATHURMANATOR
03-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Who do you think came ahead on trade day?

I'd say Phoenix did considerably well. They unloaded some contracts and added a lot of youth.

Calgary did very well also.

Edmonton's trade was a considerable improvement regardless of your thoughts on Kotalik.

Who do you think won?
So you are saying Kotalik is a significant upgrade over Cole?

I just don't see that AT ALL.

Did Edmonton pick up anything else?

Cole is twice the player Kotalik is.

THATHURMANATOR
03-05-2009, 10:50 AM
I see you got osullivan too. He is a good get.

northernbillfan
03-05-2009, 11:31 AM
So you are saying Kotalik is a significant upgrade over Cole?

I just don't see that AT ALL.

Did Edmonton pick up anything else?

Cole is twice the player Kotalik is.Itr wasn't just getting Kotalik that made the trade. It was the acquisition of O'Sullivan and the Oil have him for at least two years. Kotalik was an afterthought.

mchurchfie
03-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Kotalik is what he is. He'll give you 20-25 goals a year, but he isn't one that you would want to count on to go to war with consistently. His personality is too soft.

Mski
03-05-2009, 01:18 PM
i would have to say calgary was the big winner, but the guys on tsn said buffalo was one of the top winners

SabreEleven
03-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Buffalo won just by getting rid of Kotalik.