PDA

View Full Version : Props to Lindy

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 08:28 PM
First, both Paille and Afinogenov seem to have benefited from being healthy scratches.

Second, at face value, it seems stupid to hamstring your 2nd best offensive player (Roy) with two guys who have recently been benched, but so far it's worked extremely well.

So, I have to give Lindy his due for these moves.

OpIv37
03-05-2009, 08:18 AM
What the hell is wrong with you people? When I complain about the Sabres, I get 4 pages of arguments. When I compliment the Sabres, no one responds.

rbochan
03-05-2009, 08:26 AM
:lolcry:

hydro
03-05-2009, 08:31 AM
The team made him look like a genius last night. Lets see if they can keep it up. They have done this well in stretches before and we could use a good stretch ending out the season.

I really did like what Max was doing last night but it is most likely based on him knowing that he has to perform to stay in the league. He would have been traded if someone wanted him, yet here he is still on the team.

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2009, 08:32 AM
What the hell is wrong with you people? When I complain about the Sabres, I get 4 pages of arguments. When I compliment the Sabres, no one responds.

We don't know how to respond.

But I agree with you. Lindy seems to have a knack for throwing together line combinations that sound awful on the surface, but that work out in the end. He also makes other odd moves that also produce (i.e. Hank in a shootout???).

Still it worked for one game, when the entire team was flying all over the place and that got a tremendous boost from the goaltender keeping them alive in the first period. Once they weathered that storm, a few questionable calls (Gaustad's hit was interference? wtf???), and had a 1-0 lead at the end of the first Montreal was done and played like it too.

I'll wait until a few more games to say it has worked out too well. But for one game it did.

And if Max plays like he did last night every night, this team is way better.

OpIv37
03-05-2009, 09:54 AM
This is how I remember Max playing 2 or 3 years ago- he coughed up the puck from time to time, but also generated offense and made some things happen, so it was a worthwhile trade-off.

More recently, he's just been a turnover machine who never made anything happen. Either way, I agree he's playing for his job and I think Lindy helped wake him up.

On a semi-related note based on Lecter's comment, I hope Lalime won the team over last night. Going into that game, the team was averaging less than 2 goals a game with Lalime in net, but he kept them in it after a lackluster first period and they came through for him in the 2nd and 3rd. I hope that carries over into subsequent games.