PDA

View Full Version : Who gets benched for Moore?

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Max and Paille played hard tonight.

Hecht take a seat

Nighthawk
03-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Hecht! Ok, Lindy doesn't have the balls to do that...it will be McCarthur.

hydro
03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Was Hecht in Lindy's dog house this season? I can't remember.

Either way he needs to go the way of Tallinder, Paille and Max, healthy scratch time for him.

Nighthawk
03-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Was Hecht in Lindy's dog house this season? I can't remember.

Either way he needs to go the way of Tallinder, Paille and Max, healthy scratch time for him.

I don't think so...I don't know why? I'd sit him in a heartbeat and make him think about his crappy play.

chernobylwraiths
03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
It will be McArthur or Mair. Not that they deserve it.

Dr. Lecter
03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
MacArthur deserves it as much as Hecht and will probably get it.

Nighthawk
03-04-2009, 09:32 PM
MacArthur deserves it as much as Hecht and will probably get it.

That's true, but somebody like Hecht not getting benched for his poor play is a major reason this team seems to take games off. No fear of punishment for certain players on this team and that falls on Lindy's shoulders.

JD
03-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I'd say Pominville to send a message. But it will most likely be Macarthur.

Did Ellis play tonight? I doubt we'll see him play any more in a Sabres uniform, and that includes Peters.

Dr. Lecter
03-04-2009, 09:39 PM
That's true, but somebody like Hecht not getting benched for his poor play is a major reason this team seems to take games off. No fear of punishment for certain players on this team and that falls on Lindy's shoulders.

He has been benched, just not scratched.

Dr. Lecter
03-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I'd say Pominville to send a message. But it will most likely be Macarthur.

Did Ellis play tonight? I doubt we'll see him play any more in a Sabres uniform, and that includes Peters.

Pominville is still 3rd on the team in points. On a team that can struggle to score, you don't bench him.

Ellis was sick, but I agree. He will not play unless there are injuries up front. Peters might get into a game against a team like Ottawa, but other than that is done.

User Manuel
03-05-2009, 06:39 AM
MacArthur, Ellis and Peters

pcnorth22
03-05-2009, 07:42 AM
its got to be macarthur...

rbochan
03-05-2009, 08:28 AM
With Max back too, bench Hecht and Pominsqueef. Make them re-earn their spots.

hydro
03-05-2009, 08:32 AM

There is only one guy coming in. They need to bench one person that was playing last night...

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2009, 08:35 AM

Pominville is being bashed way too much. Playing up to his ability? No. Not close.

Playing bad enough to be a healthy scratch? No way.

THATHURMANATOR
03-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Pominville is being bashed way too much. Playing up to his ability? No. Not close.

Playing bad enough to be a healthy scratch? No way.
He has scored 1 goal in 26 games and is making 5 mil a year

How are we being too tough on him?

Prove a freaking point to this guy.

I am not advocating a long term thing but a game to get his head out of his ass.

mchurchfie
03-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Pominville has been playing a lot harder recently even though it doesn't show on the scoreboard. McArthur has been playing very hard too. Hecht needs to be hooked up with Max and Roy. He is very good at setting up plays when he has snipers to get the puck to as when he was with Briere. This is a tough one but I would say that McArthur is the odd man out.

Nighthawk
03-05-2009, 12:24 PM
He has been benched, just not scratched.

Spin it brother...spin it...you know what I meant.

Mski
03-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Spin it brother...spin it...you know what I meant. im sure he did, but the point is, there is a big difference from being benched for a period, vs told to go sit in the box for a game

chubluv
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Lindy might rotate a few of the guys in and out of the line up. He did it earlier in the year. Mcarthur & Paille might be the first 2 guys in and out unless some one really pissses him off on fri night.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Mac and Peters sit

lines looked like this without Moore he had a problem with his Visa,

UPDATE II: The lines on the ice look like this: Vanek-Connolly-Stafford, Hecht-Gaustad-Pominville, Paille-Roy-Afinogenov, Ellis-Mair-Kaleta. The spares are MacArthur and Peters. Not having Moore here is a difficult problem. Now he'll have to be slotted on a line during tomorrow's morning skate, not the best proposition. Will be interesting to hear what Ruff has to say about this one afterwards.

UPDATE III: Ruff said he may use Moore at center and move Derek Roy to left wing. Ruff also said Patrick Lalime is going too well and he will start Friday but that Tellqvist definitely has a chance to play Saturday in Ottawa
http://buffalonews.typepad.com/sabres/