PDA

View Full Version : Grade this FA/Draft Scenario

jpdex12
03-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Positions still to fill:
OG, TE, Center-depth, Guard-depth, #2 WR, RB, DT-depth, DE-pass rusher, OLB, SS-depth

Grade this:
OG-Trade 2nd round pick for Waters
TE-Trade 4th round pick for Scheffler
Center-depth-Draft Shipley 3rd round
Guard-depth-Resign Preston
#2 WR-Sign Toomer
RB-Sign Foster
DT-depth-Sign Dwayne Robertson
DE-Draft Orakpo 1st round
OLB-Sign June
SS-Sign Jermaine Phillips

Acquired Already:
CB-Florence
QB-depth-Fitzpatrick
G/T-depth-Chambers
OLB-depth-Ellison

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 10:31 PM
What about picks 3, 5, 6, and 7??

The Spaz
03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Not bad really but but I think a 2nd for Waters is a bit much and Shipley could be had in the 4-5th round IMO.

jpdex12
03-05-2009, 06:47 AM
What about picks 3, 5, 6, and 7??

1-Orakpo
2-Trade to KC for Waters
3-Shipley (Caldwell may be available but Woods/Unger & Mack will be gone)
4-Trade to Den for Scheffler
5-Draft DT-depth
6-QB-Project (practice squad)
7-OL-Project (practice squad)

jpdex12
03-05-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm not crazy about trading picks but we need veteran help and Waters and Scheffler are two veterans that can be had for picks as they have both been mentioned to be on the trading block.

Waters would solidify our G spot and Scheffler is exactly the pass catching TE we need to stretch the field along the seams. He's a decent blocker as well IMO. The 3rd round draft pick would be able to swing from G to Center.

Mahdi
03-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Positions still to fill:
OG, TE, Center-depth, Guard-depth, #2 WR, RB, DT-depth, DE-pass rusher, OLB, SS-depth

Grade this:
OG-Trade 2nd round pick for Waters
TE-Trade 4th round pick for Scheffler
Center-depth-Draft Shipley 3rd round
Guard-depth-Resign Preston
#2 WR-Sign Toomer
RB-Sign Foster
DT-depth-Sign Dwayne Robertson
DE-Draft Orakpo 1st round
OLB-Sign June
SS-Sign Jermaine Phillips

Acquired Already:
CB-Florence
QB-depth-Fitzpatrick
G/T-depth-Chambers
OLB-depth-Ellison
Giving up a 2nd round pick for Waters ruined everything... Cassel and a probowl LB just got traded for a 2nd rounder.

mysticsoto
03-05-2009, 07:44 AM
1-Orakpo
2-Trade to KC for Waters
5-Draft DT-depth

I'd rather Wood or Luigs in the 3rd over Shipley, but other than that, I like it. Our team would be much improved with this.

jpdex12
03-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Giving up a 2nd round pick for Waters ruined everything... Cassel and a probowl LB just got traded for a 2nd rounder.

Cassel and Vrabel came at a good price because of the situation and the decision makers involved...Pioli and Bellicheat. Would you give away a probowl guard for less than a second rounder?

Mahdi
03-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Cassel and Vrabel came at a good price because of the situation and the decision makers involved...Pioli and Bellicheat. Would you give away a probowl guard for less than a second rounder?
A 26 or 27 yr old ProBowl Guard, yes... but a 32 yr old guard is not worth a first day pick, in fact I can guarantee you that when Waters is traded it wont be for anything better than a mid to late 3rd or 4th round pick.

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 12:45 PM
1-Orakpo
2-Trade to KC for Waters
5-Draft DT-depth

No LB help, no #2 WR, a bad trade for Waters, and getting a TE who is good but not great when more athletic options are available in the draft. I dont like it at all. Id give it around a C.

ParanoidAndroid
03-05-2009, 01:29 PM
No LB help, no #2 WR, a bad trade for Waters, and getting a TE who is good but not great when more athletic options are available in the draft. I dont like it at all. Id give it around a C.

Ditto....except he does address OLB. Orakpo making it to #11 is definately not looking good either. If he's not there, the Bills should go in another direction because there is no other 4-3 DE in the draft worthy enough.

jpdex12
03-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I guess it doesn't matter anyway...We'll just end up drafting some player in the first round this year that will end up getting arrested or he'll suck and we'll dwell on him for four years with false hope or we'll draft some sap that we end up trading but he doesn't pass a physical...oh wait, we will give up next year's first round pick on whatever...

tat2dmike77
03-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Where is Mitchell59 with all his "Seriously guys this is my offseason chart" threads? I thought for sure he would be in here posting a numerous amount of threads the closer it got to FA.